CHAPTER 25

After breakfast that day, Auntie Fen and Auntie Fen took little Xiangqing to the street cafeteria. Aunt Fen gets paid because she cooks there, so my aunt helps out purely on a voluntary basis.

Ever since the big canteen was opened, every household went there to eat, and there were only a few people cooking. Those like my aunts and the others, who are older and have no jobs, take it upon themselves to pick vegetables, wash dishes and the like.

School was about to start, and Wei Jiajia was going to take some of her children to the department store.

When the children heard that their sister was taking them out, they all danced for joy. Knowing that their sister could make money by writing, they began to think about what they wanted.

Wei Jiajia looked at the small requests made by her younger brothers and sisters and readily agreed.

The weather was getting warmer now, and she was afraid that the two little ones wouldn't be able to walk for long, so she took them out and got on the bus.

Yangyang and Nuannuan were still young, and they didn't take them out much before. The kindergarten they went to school was not far from home, and this was the first time they took a bus in their memory.

The two people who got in the car were very excited. They leaned against the car window and whispered something. If they saw something they had never seen before, they would go back and ask their brothers and sisters.

Fortunately, there were not many people in the car, and the two little ones were very sensible and did not disturb others. Xiangdongxiangxi patiently answered their questions in a low voice.

Soon the car arrived at the stop in front of the department store and stopped! Wei Jiajia took them out of the car and walked in!

When they came inside the building, they saw the dazzling array of products and the crowds of people in front of each counter. It was hard for them to see clearly, and the two of them stepped back in fear!

"You two, hold them tight and don't get separated!" Wei Jiajia turned to Xiangdong and Xiangxi and said. She didn't expect that there would be so many people buying things today.

She first took her four children to the stationery counter, bought some school supplies for a few people, and then turned around and asked.

"What do you want? Don't worry that my sister has no money. I have made a lot of money this year, but each person can only ask for one thing. Think about it first."

Several children looked at each other and began to lower their heads and think. After a few minutes, a few people who had thought about it came to Wei Jiajia.

"Sister, I want a pair of white pull-back shoes." Xiang Xi originally only wanted a pair of Ji-Alai shoes, but when he saw white pull-back shoes on the shoe counter, he changed his mind!

"Xiangdong, what about you? What do you want?"

Xiangdong couldn't hold back the desire in his heart, and said a little embarrassedly: "I want a pair of sneakers." After saying this, his face turned red.

Wei Jiajia felt a little distressed when she saw him like this. Since his parents passed away, he had been forced to grow up and pushed himself too hard. He never thought that he was also a child who needed to be taken care of.

Wei Jiajia brushed his hair angrily: "Didn't you just tell me what you wanted? I'm a sister. It's normal to buy things for you. Don't be embarrassed. Remember to be nice to your sister when you grow up."

When Xiangdong heard what Wei Jiajia said, a smile appeared on his face, he scratched his head in embarrassment, and made up his mind that he must be twice as kind to his eldest sister in the future.