CHAPTER 72

On the night of New Year's Eve, because the other three siblings could not come home, there were only Wei Jiajia's family of five and Xiangyang, who was close to her sister's home.

Xiangyang got a reward for his meritorious service in the past few days. He was in a very good mood. He was beaming with joy every day. Even though he was far away, he could feel the joy radiating from his body.

"Sister, shall we go to the party tonight?" Xiang Yang approached his sister and blinked. He wanted to go.

"Want to go?" she asked.

"Yeah!" He nodded hurriedly. He had been in the countryside for the past six months. He was busy with the autumn harvest at first, and then started the winter after the weather got cold. Apart from reading books in his spare time, there was really no entertainment at all. He was almost bored. died.

He had planned to have a good time when he returned to the compound this time and make up for what he had missed in the past six months.

Movie screenings in the courtyard are essential, and there are also cultural evenings, which can easily not be seen in other places. How could he not want to go?

"Then go!" Seeing him like that, Wei Jiajia nodded in response.

"Really? Then eat quickly. After dinner, go and get a seat early." As soon as Xiangyang heard his sister's promise, he hurriedly urged the young nephews at home to get busy.

When Sanbao saw his uncle like this, he shook his head like a grown-up, wondering why he was so stupid. Tonight, his father would have a New Year's Eve dinner with the soldiers in the camp, and his mother had planned to take them to the auditorium to meet his father after the meal. It's just that he didn't know, and he was so excited because of it.

Xiang Yang didn't know that his behavior at this moment would be called "stupid" in his little nephew's heart. He quickly ran into the kitchen and began to bring out the meals that Wei Jiajia had prepared early in the morning. Then he put down the dumplings and waited for them to be cooked. After that, you can start eating.

"Sister, can't my brother-in-law eat at home this year?" Xiangyang asked as he was cooking dumplings. If his brother-in-law didn't come back, he would cook less.

"Well, cook less." Wei Jiajia responded. In recent years, on New Year's Eve, her husband would accompany the soldiers to finish the New Year's Eve dinner before going home, and then accompany them to watch the party. Or sending the children out to play, the two of them held hands and took a walk in the compound. Although they didn't eat at home, he was never absent on New Year's Eve.

After dinner, Xiangyang quickly packed up the dishes and took the children to the auditorium, saying that he wanted to reserve a seat in advance.

"Run slower when it's dark." Wei Jiajia looked at a few people and told them.

"Got it!" Xiang Yang's voice came back from afar.

Wei Jiajia packed herself up, locked the door and walked slowly to the auditorium.

Looking at the couplets posted outside every door, and the homemade red lanterns hung in some houses, she seemed to feel the atmosphere of the New Year.

In recent years, due to sports, the Chinese New Year has also been listed as one of the four olds. The excitement that was possible during the Chinese New Year in the past is no longer possible, let alone compared with later generations.

This is because the military region has little influence from the local area. No one cares about posting red couplets on everyone's door. If this happens in some places, it is a matter of consciousness.