Chapter 5

Nan Zhi was still uneasy at night. Later, she sat in the wheelchair and went to knock on Nan Jin's door.

Nan Jin opened the door and saw that it was Nan Zhi. She was his most beloved sister. He would be very happy just to see her.

The gentleness in his heart was aroused. He squatted down and asked her gently, "What's wrong, Zhi Zhi? Did you miss me? Come in quickly."

Nan Jin pushed the wheelchair into the room and carried Nan Zhi to the edge of the bed.

"Ah!" Nan Zhi staggered and fell onto Nan Jin when she got up.

"I'm sorry, Brother. I hurt you. I'm really a little fool. I can't even do such a small thing well."

Nan Jin held her in her arms and comforted her in a soft voice, "It's alright. I'll protect you forever."

As soon as he said this, some images suddenly flashed through Nan Jin's mind. His head hurt so much that he could not help but groan.

"What's wrong, Brother?" Nan Zhi hugged Nan Jin and asked nervously.

Suddenly, Nan Jin pushed her away.

"Zhi Zhi, you're an adult now, you have to mind your actions."

In his mind just now an image of Nan Zhi had appeared. She had an incomparably evil smile on that innocent and flawless face of hers.

At the same time, he saw Nan Qiao huddled up in a dilapidated house, hugging her arms and shivering from the cold. Such images appeared in his mind from time to time.

Nan Zhi was pushed inexplicably, not understanding why he would suddenly push her away when everything was going fine.

"Brother, didn't we always hug like this in the past?" Nan Zhi pouted and asked coquettishly.

"Zhi Zhi, did you have anything important to tell me? If there's nothing else, I'll send you back to your room." Nan Jin forced a smile and carried Nan Zhi back to the wheelchair, sending her back.

"But Brother..."

After successfully sending Nan Zhi back to her room, Nan Jin passed by Nan Qiao's room and saw the closed door. For some reason, Nan Qiao's pitiful look kept appearing in his mind.

Nan Jin returned to his room with a dark look in his eyes. After a while, he appeared at the door of Nan Qiao's room with a bag of snacks.

He hung the bag of snacks on the doorknob.

Hearing the commotion outside, Nan Qiao opened the door in confusion.

To her surprise, there was a bag of snacks hanging on her doorknob.

"Rumble~"

Her stomach made a noise that forced her to take the snacks into the room.

She had not even eaten dinner and was famished.

Although she did not know who sent it and what their motive was, she had to fill her stomach first.

——

In the morning, Nan Qiao, who was carrying her school bag appeared at the staircase with difficulty. When she passed by the living room, she grabbed a box of milk.

Seeing Nan Qiao like this, Nan Jin raised his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

Didn't he bring her food last night?

Why was she still like this?

Nan Qiao supported herself against the wall as she walked. She had been suffering from diarrhea all night and was exhausted. Her legs were weak and her dark circles were about to reach her cheeks.