Chapter 32

Nan Qiao did not feel sad because of this sentence. Instead, she curled her lips into a smile that was more or less evil.

"You can continue being stubborn."

"In any case, no matter what you think, I treat you as a friend. You took the initiative first."

Huo Yichen: ...

"Lame." Huo Yichen strode away with his hands in his pockets. His black hair was suffused with gentle brown-gold under the warm sun, and his ears were slightly red.

After school in the afternoon, Murong Chen came to pick up Nan Qiao as usual. Nan Qiao was already used to this kind of behavior. If he did not let Murong Chen pick her up, he would think too much. In that case, she should just let Murong Chen pick her up.

With Nan Hao's words, everyone no longer looked at Nan Qiao with envy when they saw her get into the luxury car. Instead, their faces were filled with disdain.

What was there to be envious of? They really looked down on her.

Huo Yichen passed by the school gate with his school bag on his back. When he saw that she had gotten into the luxury car that was rumored to have an eight-figure value, his lips gradually pursed and his face turned slightly pale. His hands involuntarily clenched into fists.

Then, he looked at his clothes and shoes which did not even exceed a hundred yuan.

How could two people from such different worlds be friends?

"Was our little princess happy at school today?" Murong Chen rarely smiled, but when he faced Nan Qiao, he kept the corners of his mouth curled up, afraid that his sister would think that he was too fierce and run away in fear.

Nan Qiao thought about it carefully. Other than Nan Zhi and Nan Hao, she had An Nuo to talk to. Now that she had become friends with big boss Huo, it seemed like today was not a bad day.

Hence, Nan Qiao nodded. "I'm happy."

"It's good as long as you're happy. Our little princess has to be happy every day."

Murong Chen tidied her hair. When he saw the smile on the girl's face, he could not help but smile.

This scene was simply too heartwarming. The assistant could not believe that Murong Chen had such a side to him. This was a top-notch sister complex, right?

The President, who had always been insulated from women, secretly had a sister complex. How many people would believe him if he told others?

Nan Qiao looked at the scenery outside the window and realized that it was a little different from usual. She asked in a daze, "Brother, aren't we going home?"

"Yes, we're going home, but before we go home, I want to bring you somewhere."

Nan Qiao nodded. Her brother must be bringing her to a good place.

After a while, the car stopped in an underground parking garage called Century Mall.

After taking the elevator upstairs, Nan Qiao could not help but ask curiously, "Brother, where are we going?"

The Murong Family did not seem to lack anything because they could always get someone to buy anything and send it straight to the villa.

"I'm bringing you to buy clothes." Murong Chen noticed that the temperature of the air conditioner in the elevator seemed to be a little low so he took off his coat and put it on her.

The moment Murong Chen bent down to put the coat on her, Nan Qiao saw herself in her brother's eyes. Her cheeks were slightly red, and her eyes were so bright. When she put on her brother's clothes, she looked like a child who had stolen an adult's clothes. She looked like she was not even 16 years old.