Chapter 19

Nan Qiao finally stabilized herself. "Thank you, I'm fine. I just suddenly felt faint."

"That's good. I'll take my leave first." This male classmate was handsome and wore a pair of glasses. He looked refined and had a refreshing aura that made people want to approach him.

Nan Qiao knew this person. He was the second most handsome boy in school, Li Shuchen.

Li Shuchen and Huo Yichen were two people with opposite personalities. Li Shuchen was gentle and elegant, amiable to his classmates, and actively helped others. He was simply the perfect student in the hearts of the teachers and classmates.

However, Huo Yichen's face repelled strangers from approaching him. He did not like to talk to people and did not interact with his classmates. He was simply a weirdo.

In addition, his family conditions were not good. He was only accepted into the school because his results were too good.

As for why Huo Yichen was ranked ahead of Li Shuchen, other than his results, it was also because Huo Yichen's unruly aura attracted everyone's attention.

After returning to class, Nan Qiao's gaze landed on Wan Wan. Wan Wan felt a sharp gaze on her. When she turned around, she realized that it was Nan Qiao. She immediately felt her hair stand on end and felt a chill run down her spine. What was she trying to do this time?

Later, Wan Wan received a message. It was from Nan Qiao.

"Come to the back door of the school after school unless you want everyone to know that you're colluding with Nan Zhi."

Wan Wan bit her lip and looked at Nan Qiao with a pale face.

An intriguing expression appeared on Nan Qiao's beautiful face. Then, she took out her phone and waved it.

Nan Qiao sent a message to her brother saying that she had something on and did not want him to pick her up.

The man in the CEO's office looked at the phone beside him coldly, and then a bitter expression appeared on his face.

The assistant felt that it was very strange, so he could not help but ask, "Sir, did something happen?"

Murong Chen pondered for a long time but did not find anything. Then, he said, "Do you have a sister?"

"Yes, my sister is a little tyrant at home. My parents said that a girl should be treated like a princess so that she won't run away with the first guy who gives her some benefits. Therefore, she's very spoiled and gets everything she wants."

The assistant's words were said with bitter tears, as if his status at home was lower than a dog's.

Hearing the assistant's words, Murong Chen felt that it made sense. His sister had just been found. How good would it be if he could let her continue calling him big brother sweetly? If she ran away with some random man one day, his heart would ache!

"Uncle and Auntie are right. What else did they say?"

"They didn't say anything else... Does Sir's matter have anything to do with a Little Sister?" The assistant knew that he had applied for leave yesterday and didn't know what had happened.

"What could be the reason that your sister suddenly doesn't want you to pick her up from school?" Murong Chen finally asked the reason that had troubled him for a long time.

He had just reunited with his sister. He did not want to be too demanding towards his sister and make her dislike him, but he was afraid that he had done something wrong to make her not want him to pick her up.

"There could be three reasons. First, she might find her brother embarrassing. Second, the sister might be going on a date with other boys after school. Third, she might really have something on or she understands that her elder brother is busy with work."