Chapter 21

"Aren't you going to tell him? That kid asked about you when you weren't here these past two days. Unfortunately, I don't know the reason either. Although the two of you usually don't talk much, I'm not blind. The two of you clearly know each other. Are you chasing after that kid?"

Nan Qiao was surprised that Huo Yichen had taken the initiative to ask about her situation. She did not listen to the rest of his words at all, so she nodded.

"Go and talk to him. Look at how compatible the two of you are. I hope you two can get married soon." The boss gestured with an ambiguous gaze. Someone from the kitchen came to look for the boss, and he could only leave first.

Nan Qiao was stunned when she heard the last sentence.

What was going on?

However, Nan Qiao still went to greet Huo Yichen.

Huo Yichen entered the kitchen to wash the dishes, and Nan Qiao followed.

She said, "I won't be working here anymore."

Huo Yichen only paused for a slight moment, so fast that the naked eye could barely register it.

He did not respond.

"Something happened to my family recently, so I didn't come here to work and won't come again in the future. But we're still friends, right?"

Huo Yichen's slender and beautiful fingers were washed away by the water. He tilted his head, his eyes filled with mischief.

"Who's your friend?"

Nan Qiao smiled and said, "Aren't we friends? After all, it's been some time since we've known each other. Moreover, we've even seen each other's parents before."

The girl stuck out her tongue playfully and joked with Huo Yichen. Her high ponytail fluttered along with her swing. She looked very lively.

Initially, Huo Yichen wanted to answer her, but when he thought about how she might be teasing other men in the same way...

His eyes darkened and ignored her.

"Huo Yichen, are you really ignoring me? Then I'll be leaving?"

"Hurry up and leave. Don't get in the way," Huo Yichen said with a bored expression. His long legs stretched over Nan Qiao and he passed by her, taking away a breeze and leaving behind his lingering warmth.

Nan Qiao bit her lip, her face red. It was unknown if it was because she was angry.

The corners of her eyes were a little red. Was this person's heart made of steel? They were colleagues for so many days and he still treated her so coldly.

Bye then!

Nan Qiao turned around to leave the coffee shop.

The plate in Huo Yichen's hand suddenly slipped and fell to the ground, shattering into pieces.

Huo Yichen squatted down to clean up. "Boss, I'm sorry. You can deduct it from my salary."

The boss only clicked his tongue a few times and did not say anything.

He stood at the side and stared at Huo Yichen with a wicked smile.

This kid had been here for a long time and had never made a mistake before.

Now that Nan Qiao was leaving, he actually broke a plate.

And he was still pretending, trying to hurt the little girl's heart.

When Murong Chen saw her walking over from afar, he hurriedly got out of the car to welcome her.

However, when he saw that she looked like a withered eggplant, he asked with concern, "What's wrong? Why did you make yourself unhappy?"