Chapter 12

"Heh, who are you? Do you think you're Chairman Mao? Do you want everyone to love you?" Nan Qiao sneered and retorted rudely.

"Nan Qiao, do you believe that I'll break off the engagement right now!" Liang Rui raised his head arrogantly and looked at her with his nose pointed upwards.

He knew Nan Qiao was most afraid of him calling off the engagement. He had already threatened Nan Qiao with it in the past. He didn't believe that Nan Qiao wouldn't be afraid this time.

"Oh ~ So it's you? My shameless fiancé who cheated on me countless times."

Nan Qiao seemed to have just remembered and looked at him coldly. "If you want to call off the engagement, just do it. Do you think you can call it off just like that?"

Nan Qiao was deliberately goading him. Liang Rui liked girls like Nan Zhi who were pretentious. The rougher she was, the more he would dislike her.

"You, why are you so unruly? You've lived with Zhi Zhi for so many years, but you haven't learned any gentleness or virtuousness at all." Liang Rui was extremely disappointed in her and could not help but think of Nan Zhi's kind appearance. She was as gentle as water.

"Leave this place immediately. If others find out that my fiancée works in a coffee shop, where will I put my face?"

"Who cares about being your fiancée?" Nan Qiao sneered and turned around to say, "I won't quit my job. If you have the ability, quickly break off the engagement and cut ties with me forever."

"Nan Qiao, just you wait. I'll definitely break off the engagement with you. I'll make you come back crying and beg me!" Liang Rui was so angry that he wished he could go over and break off the engagement right now and throw the letter of annulment in Nan Qiao's face.

Huo Yichen was cleaning a plate at the side when he heard this conversation.

Nan Qiao turned around and saw Huo Yichen beside her. It was obvious that he had heard the entire conversation.

Nan Qiao washed her hands in the sink and slowly turned her gaze to him without saying anything.

Huo Yichen felt his throat tighten and did not say anything. However, on closer look, Nan Qiao seemed to have realized that Huo Yichen's ears were a little red.

So even a person like him would feel embarrassed if he was caught eavesdropping?

Nan Qiao looked as if she'd discovered the New World Continent. It turned out that this person could still feel embarrassment. She thought that the main villain was just thick-skinned and did not care about anything.

Therefore, Nan Qiao had the intention to tease the big shot.

"I caught a classmate eavesdropping on my conversation?" Nan Qiao leaned over and asked him with sparkling eyes.

Huo Yichen hurriedly looked away, as if he did not do anything. He had only overheard it by accident.

But when he met Nan Qiao's gaze, for some reason, he actually felt a little guilty.

"Actually, it doesn't matter if you hear it. It's just a conversation with a little b*stard." Nan Qiao wiped her hands indifferently. Her bright eyes curved into crescents, making one want to sink into them.

Huo Yichen reached out and spun her around so that she couldn't look at him.

If she continued to stare at him like this, he was afraid that he would not be able to help but fall for her.

"What are you doing?" Nan Qiao asked with a frown.

Huo Yichen's throat moved. "You talk too much."

Nan Qiao's eyes darted around before stopping. The corners of her mouth curled up. "But I merely said a few words."