Chapter 159: New Book Contract

After the happy weekend ended, Murong Qiao quickly returned to school and started class.

However, the relationship between Murong Qiao and Huo Yichen had become better than before.

In Yang Xin's words, the two of them had become very close recently. They were just short of an official announcement.

"I'll go down first," Murong Qiao said to her roommates after grabbing her textbooks. Her footsteps were indescribably light and excited.

Yang Xin clicked her tongue as she watched Murong Qiao push open the door and leave in a hurry.

"Love is indeed more important than friendship." Seeing Murong Qiao's current behavior, Yang Xin was not surprised.

Leng Yan nodded in agreement. Over the past two days, they felt that Murong Qiao had been smiling a lot more.

It had to be caused by the most handsome boy in the school.

Murong Qiao quickly went downstairs. A tall figure stood there, attracting a lot of attention just by standing still.

"Let's go," she said softly when she saw Huo Yichen waiting for her.

Huo Yichen nodded and took Murong Qiao's bag. He put it on his shoulder and walked side by side with her towards the teaching building.

As expected, everyone saw the school hunk sitting with Murong Qiao today.

"When do you think the two of them got together..." Many students thought that the two of them were already in love. Otherwise, why would they be together every day?

Compared to the previous surprise, everyone had gotten used to the two people's eye-catching presence in the past two days. Even the teacher who taught them had gotten to know Huo Yichen.

Huo Yichen, who had accompanied her to class, didn't disturb her. Seeing Murong Qiao sitting quietly and listening to the lecture with a serious expression, he looked at the notes in Murong Qiao's hand for a long time as if the boring knowledge was very interesting.

The class ended very quickly. When everyone heard the bell ring, they stood up and discussed what they wanted to eat for lunch.

"There's a delicious restaurant outside the school. Do you want to go with me?" Huo Yichen asked her as he watched Murong Qiao slowly pack up her things.

Unlike the students around who were in a hurry to eat, Murong Qiao would only start to pack her things every time the bell rang after class. Then, she would stand up and wait patiently for the crowd to thin before walking away.

Murong Qiao didn't have much of an opinion about lunch. Seeing that Huo Yichen had a recommendation, she nodded and agreed.

The two of them were relaxed and out of place in the surroundings, as if they were in a separate dimension. There was even a faint sweetness that lingered in Murong Qiao's heart.

"It's rare that 1 don't have class this afternoon. My mind is still filled with the sound of the teacher's lecture." Murong Qiao sighed. Her classes had been so full these few days that she had flipped through many pages of her notes.

As the two of them spoke, they joined in at the tail of the crowd and slowly walked out of the school building towards the door.

The afternoon sun was scorching hot and had a charm that made people unable to look straight at it. Just the light on their faces made them feel hot.

Murong Qiao wanted to use her hand to block the sunlight so that her eyes would feel better, but before she could move, she felt a shadow envelop her.

She subconsciously looked at Huo Yichen beside her. He had used his height to block the sunlight, so that Murong Qiao didn't feel uncomfortable.