Chapter 192: Gong Banyan Is My Aunt

Murong Qiao didn't know that the person she had just bumped into was her aunt, Gong Banyan, so she apologized and went to look for Murong Chen.

However, Gong Banyan became interested in Murong Qiao.

Her gaze was fixed on Murong Qiao, and she felt a sense of familiarity that was difficult to ignore. It was the hub of a bloodline.

At this time, Murong Chen was exchanging pleasantries with others and talking about the recent situation of Shengjing Group.

This family gathering inevitably invited some friends, so it was also a small business networking opportunity.

"Big Brother," Murong Qiao called out to him softly.

Murong Chen glanced at Murong Qiao, who was standing at the side, and hurriedly said to the person in front of him, "Excuse me."

"There are a lot of people here today. If you're interested, you can get to know one or two people your age," Murong Chen said to Murong Qiao. "Also, an elder of our family is here this time. You can get to know her later."

Murong Chen was naturally talking about Gong Banyan.

With Murong Qiao's return, the family gathering this year was larger than before. Some elders also brought their young family members over, all wanting to get to know Murong Qiao more.

At the mention of her peers, Murong Qiao subconsciously thought of the lady she had just seen.

"Elder?" Murong Qiao was puzzled.

Hearing Murong Chen's respectful tone, Murong Qiao immediately pictured a virtuous and amiable old man in her mind.

"Yes." Murong Chen nodded. He wanted to tell her more, but he saw another familiar face come over to greet him. "We'll talk later."

Seeing that her Big Brother was a little busy, Murong Qiao didn't ask further and found a place to stand alone.

She held a plate of pastries in her hand and looked around the front hall. Unfortunately, An Nuo was not by her side this time, which made Murong Qiao a little uncomfortable.

Moreover, many gazes were faintly on her, making her feel a little uncomfortable.

"Murong Qiao?" It was the voice from just now.

Murong Qiao looked over and saw the rude girl.

Xu Yang didn't seem to think that there was anything wrong with calling someone by their name. She just lifted her long dress and walked over to Murong Qiao.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Xu Yang." She looked at Murong Qiao, but her tone was rude.

If it weren't for the fact that the elders in the family wanted her to get to know Murong Qiao, she wouldn't have bothered to greet her.

Although they could be counted as acquaintances, Xu Yang's behavior made people unhappy.

Murong Qiao on the other hand, simply nodded, her movements light and silent.

Xu Yang however, was surprised by her cold attitude and was stunned for a moment before she felt offended.

Xu Yang's face then turned cold. "I'm talking to you."

She had always been doted on at home. No one had ever dared to treat her the way Murong Qiao just did.

"Oh." Murong Qiao's tone was calm. "So?"

She finally shifted her gaze from the cake to Xu Yang, who was in front of her. However, her nonchalant attitude made Xu Yang furious.

"Is this the upbringing of the Murong family?" Xu Yang stomped her feet. "I don't see the bearings of a proper heiress from you."