Chapter 108

No one expected the painting that Luo Wanbai wanted to give Old Master Cheng in front of everyone to be a fake.

Although there was no expert to appraise it, based on Nan Qiao's words, everyone had a 80% to 90% confidence.

Luo Wanbai also realized that Nan Qiao was just teasing her at that time. That was why she deliberately raised the price so high and even made her spend 20 million yuan for nothing!

However, she naturally didn't dare to settle the score with Nan Qiao in front of everyone. Luo Wanbai could only remember this matter for the time being and settle the score with Nan Qiao later.

"Even so." Luo Wanbai forced herself to calm down. "What you said is just what you think. It can't be guaranteed to be fake."

At this point, Luo Wanbai only felt that Nan Qiao was jealous of her, so she went against her like this. She didn't feel that she had made a mistake from the beginning.

However, Nan Qiao knew very well that it wasn't just her. As long as everyone present had a deeper understanding of literary works, they would know the authenticity of this painting.

"But I'm not talking nonsense."

Since Nan Qiao said that this painting was fake, it naturally couldn't become real.

"The reason why it's a fake is because the real work of the Art Saint has long been put on display in the Xu Beihong Museum.

If Young Miss Luo isn't engaged in any illegal activities, this painting is naturally a fake."

Her tone was firm as she threw out this decisive piece of evidence.

Nan Qiao wasn't making this up. It was true. Anyone who liked this painting could find out where it was now.

Elder Cheng watched as Nan Qiao explained the painting in a logical manner. Every sentence hit the nail on the head, and his gaze was filled with admiration.

Now, he really liked this young lady from the Murong family.

It was a pity that his grandson might not be able to catch her eye.

Thinking of this, Old Master Cheng looked at Cheng Jie, expecting him to be better.

Receiving his grandfather's gaze, Cheng Jie reached out and touched his nose. He could only suppress a bitter smile in his heart, unable to say anything.

Being rejected by Nan Qiao twice and still trying to get close to her would only arouse Nan Qiao's disgust. He wanted Nan Qiao to be with him, but she wasn't interested in him at all, not to mention that Sister Protecting Demon, Murong Chen, was always by her side. Even if Cheng Jie wanted to find an opportunity, he didn't know where to start.

It was just that... Cheng Jie was still bedazzled by the way Nan Qiao pointed out the mistakes in a clear manner. The light seemed to be shining on her body.

If he had only approached the other party because the Old Master liked her, it was not wrong to say that Cheng Jie seemed to be really interested in her now.

As soon as Nan Qiao said that, Luo Wanbai stood there speechless.

The others who didn't know what was going on finally understood why Luo Wanbai's painting was a fake. At the same time, they looked at her with disgust and disdain.

"Young Miss Luo, you mistook the fish eyes for pearls. You can't blame my sister for not reminding you."

Murong Chen's words made Luo Wanbai even more speechless.

"However, this feat of spending money without knowing anything is really amazing and admirable."

This sentence hit Luo Wanbai's sore spot. If what Nan Qiao said was true, wouldn't her 20 million yuan be wasted?