Chapter 181: Zheng Yue Lost Her Job

Seeing that Huo Yichen was still standing in front of her, Murong Qiao finally let go of her worries.

"Then, I'll reluctantly forgive you." Murong Qiao's voice gradually became softer.

She didn't want to force him to change anything, but Huo Yichen had really gone overboard this time. He hadn't replied for so long, which really worried her.

The girl's voice was so soft that it couldn't be any softer. Huo Yichen even felt a trace of guilt.

"There won't be a next time," Huo Yichen promised in a low voice.

After receiving the other party's promise, Murong Qiao took out the gift she wanted to give him.

"This is for you." Murong Qiao said as she handed him the small box.

She had taken a long time to choose the gift before deciding to give this to Huo Yichen.

Huo Yichen reached out to take it. When he opened the lid, he found a necklace.

The necklace had a squarish pendant hanging on the bottom of the chain. The metal texture should be cold to the touch, but it was a little warm. Perhaps it was because Nan Qiao had carried it in her pocket.

"It looks good," Huo Yichen replied seriously. "Can you help me put it on?"

Murong Qiao didn't expect him to make such a request. After hesitating for a moment, she nodded slightly.

She then reached out to take out the necklace, unclasped it, and tried to help him put it on. However, when she realized their height difference, she could only stand on tiptoe.

As a result, the distance between them shortened, so much so that she could even feel Huo Yichen's hot breath.

It was so hot that she almost went limp.

"Done." Murong Qiao's trembling voice sounded in his ears.

The silver light reflected from the man's good-looking collarbone into Murong Qiao's pupils. She couldn't help but look up at the necklace again. Her heartbeat was almost deafening.

It was quite good-looking.

After resolving the misunderstanding, Huo Yichen saved Murong Qiao's contact in his new cell phone.

"Then I'll go back first." Murong Qiao waved goodbye to him.

After saying everything that needed to be said, Murong Qiao planned to go back to the dormitory to do her own thing. Hence, Huo Yichen walked her back to the dormitory as usual.

Huo Yichen nodded and watched Murong Qiao go upstairs.

The worry disappeared, and Murong Qiao's footsteps became much lighter. She slowly went up to the third floor and returned to the dormitory.

However, after pushing open the door, Murong Qiao was surprised to see someone who shouldn't be here.

Zheng Yue?

"Qiaoqiao, you're back!" Yang Xin welcomed her back with her usual bear hug.

Murong Qiao hugged her back and let go. She pulled out her chair and sat down. She gave Yang Xin a look, clearly wondering why Zheng Yue was here.

"She said that she's back to study." Leng Yan didn't hide it from others and explained bluntly.

Study? Although this was very reasonable, the timing was too strange.

Usually, afternoons without classes were Zheng Yue's prime time for work. They usually wouldn't be able to see this worker in the dormitory, but today was different. As soon as Murong Qiao entered, she saw Zheng Yue pursing her lips and staring coldly at the book in her hand, as if she could stare a hole through the textbook.