Chapter 106

Luo Wanbai held the gift box in her hand, which she had carefully chosen. Her face was filled with feigned modesty and gentleness.

"Young Miss Luo is really generous. I didn't expect this painting to fall into your hands."

"That's right, that's right. I heard that this painting is Daoist Wu's famous painting. Its value alone is immeasurable."

"You had really put in a lot of effort..."

When they heard Luo Wanbai say that she had the 87 Immortals' Scroll, everyone's expressions were filled with surprise.

Although this was Old Master Cheng's grand birthday banquet, as soon as this painting appeared, it directly dwarfed the previous gifts.

Even though she was mentally prepared, Luo Wanbai still had a smug smile on her face when she replied.

She seemed to inadvertently turn sideways and look in the direction where Old Master Cheng was sitting.

Unlike what she had imagined, Old Master Cheng only took a sip of tea and didn't even look at her.

The smile on Luo Wanbai's face froze for a moment before returning to normal. However, she no longer had the mood to talk to others.

She thought that her painting would at least make people look at her in a different light.

However, Old Master Cheng's gaze was elsewhere.

Luo Wanbai forcefully suppressed the unwillingness in her heart. She wanted to see what could attract Old Master Cheng's attention more than her painting.

Nan Qiao?

At a glance, it was that face that she hated. Luo Wanbai's beautiful eyebrows were knitted together, and she was furious.

Nan Qiao didn't notice that she was being watched and was dealing with Cheng Jie impatiently.

"I'm sorry, I can't eat anymore."

Nan Qiao looked at the exquisite dessert that was placed in front of her. It was clearly the same delicacy that An Nuo had just eaten, but she had no appetite at all.

She rejected him politely without even smiling. After all, this person kept sticking to her.

Cheng Jie nodded understandingly and immediately got someone to take the food away. His face was like a spring breeze, and in the eyes of others, he was simply a gentleman.

"Young Miss Nan, is your appetite bad? Do you need a doctor to take a look?"

"If you're not feeling well, you can rest here."

He was clearly trying to please his guests, as if he was a hospitable host. No one could say what was wrong with him.

All the envious and suspicious gazes fell on the two of them, but Cheng Jie didn't seem to feel it. His clear eyes were slightly lowered and very gentle, as if his attention was focused on her alone.

"That won't be necessary."

Nan Qiao did not answer. It was her Big Brother Murong Chen who spoke.

Hearing this voice, Cheng Jie's smile froze.

"Qiaoqiao, sit here."

Murong Chen immediately switched places with Nan Qiao. From Cheng Jie's point of view, his tall and strong body completely covered Nan Qiao's petite figure.

He was sitting there when he suddenly turned to look at Cheng Jie. He saw the clean and gentle smile on Cheng Jie's face, and the corners of his mouth twitched. His voice was cold and slightly annoyed.