Chapter 109

Following Luo Wanbai's slightly unconvinced words, everyone looked at Nan Qiao. There was no lack of unfamiliarity and probing.

But most of all, everyone was curious about Nan Qiao.

They already knew that the Murong family's daughter had been found, but it was a pity that the other party didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about appearing in public. As a result, the people in the circle didn't know anything about Nan Qiao even after a long time.

The reason why Murong Chen brought Nan Qiao to Old Master Cheng's banquet was because he wanted to use this occasion to introduce Nan Qiao to everyone.

In the face of Luo Wanbai's provocative tone, Nan Qiao calmly shifted her gaze away from her and took out her hand under the table, letting everyone see that she was holding something in her hand.

"How dare you—"

Luo He suppressed the anger in his heart and scolded in a low voice. He was extremely disappointed in this daughter.

What happened just now had yet to subside and yet she was causing trouble for herself again?!

Everyone's thoughts were similar to Luo He. Before they saw Nan Qiao, they subconsciously felt that she was the daughter of the Murong family after all. No matter how bad her birthday gift was, it couldn't be bad.

However, everyone's thoughts stopped at what Nan Qiao had taken out.

It was dark and looked very dirty. No one could tell what it was. Even when Nan Qiao placed it on the table, those who were close could see the dregs falling from it.

"This is your birthday gift?"

Luo Wanbai snorted and did not hide her mocking tone.

This time, no one spoke up for Nan Qiao.

Cheng Jie wanted to get up and stop the conflict between the two of them, but as soon as he held the armrest of the chair, he saw what Nan Qiao had taken out. Even with his countless years of experience, he couldn't tell what it was.

However, he did not let go of this opportunity to gain their favor.

Just as the scene was silent, Cheng Jie stood up naturally and frowned at the rude Luo Wanbai.

"Even if Grandpa chose to not fault your actions earlier on, you shouldn't do this. You're really ruining everyone's mood.

Moreover, the Murong Family's birthday gift has already been delivered. What are your intentions for causing trouble for Young Miss Nan like this?"

Cheng Jie turned everyone's attention to himself with just a few words.

"If you continue like this, Hl have to ask you to get out."

This last sentence successfully stopped Luo Wanbai's ridicule from coming out of her mouth. She was stunned for a moment.

She turned to look at Cheng Jie. Seeing that he didn't seem to be faking it, her heart tightened.

He wasn't lying.

However, it was also because of this that Luo Wanbai felt even more unbalanced.

"I know I was in the wrong earlier, but it doesn't make sense for her to take out such a thing that can't even fool a child. Isn't this making fun of the Cheng family?"

Luo Wanbai's brain heated up. In the end, she still spoke.

She just didn't understand why everyone was speaking up for Nan Qiao, even Cheng Jie—

"Enough!"

Cheng Jie's face immediately turned cold. His usual gentleness was gone, and his eyes were shockingly cold.