Chapter 137: School Opening Ceremony

As she spoke, the senior looked past Zheng Yue and glanced at Murong Qiao. She could tell that she really did not intend to participate in the school opening ceremony, and so her eyes couldn't help but reveal a hint of pity.

"Since you were recommended by Student Murong Qiao, you must be very capable. Are you willing to speak on stage as the representative of the freshmen?" The senior changed her target to Zheng Yue and repeated what she had just said.

In fact, the school had originally decided on Murong Qiao as the representative, but no one expected Murong Qiao to reject this matter and even give this opportunity to Zheng Yue.

Other than Murong Qiao, Zheng Yue was the only girl in the top ten of the cohort. Both of their results were outstanding, and Zheng Yue was indeed qualified to be the representative.

However, this time, her tone with Zheng Yue was clearly not as enthusiastic as she was with Murong Qiao.

The invitation to Zheng Yue was more like a formal invitation.

Sensing the change in the other party's tone, Zheng Yue acutely sensed the other party's different attitude towards her. She pursed her lips and nodded in agreement.

The matter of Zheng Yue speaking as the representative of the new students was decided.

After bidding farewell to the senior, everyone planned to return to the dormitory directly, mainly because they did not want to feel the baptism of gazes with Murong Qiao.

However, after returning to the dormitory, the atmosphere seemed to be indescribably stagnant.

As soon as Murong Qiao returned, she sat in her seat and sent a message to her Big Brother, Murong Chen, telling him that she was doing well in school and that she did not notice anything wrong with the atmosphere in the dormitory.

Zheng Yue on the other hand, held her cell phone excitedly and replied to her senior's message.

She must cherish this opportunity as this was a good opportunity for the entire grade to get to know her.

As for Yang Xin, she was very careless. At this moment, she was sitting beside Zheng Yue. She neither congratulated nor joked with her. She just said that she had benefited from association with Murong Qiao and actually obtained such a good opportunity. And that it was simply a stroke of luck that fell into her lap.

Jiang Weiwei listened to Yang Xin and Zheng Yue sitting happily at the side, talking and laughing, but her mind was in a mess.

She couldn't even read her favorite book anymore. She was extremely frustrated.

Her gaze was empty as it casually landed on a certain spot. She was thinking about what had just happened.

Why did Murong Qiao recommend Zheng Yue but not her?

Jiang Weiwei took a deep breath, feeling a little unbalanced.

Zheng Yue's results were already so outstanding. Sooner or later, she would be recognized by the Student Union. This opportunity was the most suitable for her. Could Murong Qiao not see this?

Because of this, Jiang Weiwei's impression of Murong Qiao had deproved a lot.

However, why should Murong Qiao give this opportunity to Jiang Weiwei?

Jiang Weiwei didn't seem to understand this at all. She sat there alone and sulked. Her expression was terrible. She almost wrote the words "I'm in a bad mood" on her face so that others could see her better.

"What happened to her?" Sensing that something was wrong, Yang Xin lowered her voice and asked Zheng Yue.

She had a smile on her face when she returned. Why did Jiang Weiwei become unhappy in such a short time?