Chapter 156: The Straightforward Second Brother

Murong Qiao suddenly thought of the person who had given her snacks and medicine at the Nan family. Now that she thought about it, that guy was also very good to her.

However, she still didn't know who exactly he is.

Thinking of the Nan family, Murong Qiao subconsciously thought of Nan Jin, whom she had seen in the hospital previously.

The last time she saw Nan Jin lying on the bed, she had only met him by a freak combination of factors.

At the thought of this, the image of Nan Jin lying on the bed and looking at her with glowing eyes appeared in Murong Qiao's mind. Her heart suddenly softened.

His illness looked serious, but he was lying alone in the hospital. Perhaps not even a single person had visited him...

Murong Qiao thought of Nan Jin's previous falling out with the Nan family and even felt that the Nan family might not know what had happened to him.

Murong Qiao immediately decided to go to the hospital.

She would just treat it as looking for Murong Zheng and in passing, she could take a look at Nan Jin.

Murong Qiao thought to herself that since her Second Brother was always busy researching, she asked the kitchen to make a bowl of chicken soup and brought it to the hospital.

Just like last time, Murong Qiao was very familiar with Murong Zheng's office.

"Second Brother!" Murong Qiao knocked on the door and entered, greeting Murong Zheng.

Seeing Murong Qiao appear here, Murong Zheng looked at her in surprise. Then, his nose twitched and he smelled a rich fragrance in the air.

"I brought you some chicken soup." Seeing that his gaze landed on her hand, Murong Qiao hurriedly placed the chicken soup she had brought on the table and opened it.

When she opened the lid of the thermos bag she was using, a mellow and delicious smell permeated the room, triggering an appetite arousing hunger.

"1 don't eat onions, and the oil of this chicken soup is too heavy. It has already exceeded my quota for today." Seeing the scattered green on the soup, Murong Zheng spoke in his usual style.

Murong Qiao raised her eyebrows but was not angry. In any case, she had been mentally prepared before coming and was gradually used to Murong Zheng's style.

"The seasoning and spices used are all over the limit." Murong Zheng sat motionless in his seat, his words calm. "In the end, the nutritional value of the chicken soup is not high."

Murong Qiao didn't expect her good intentions to be criticized like this. She was a little speechless when she heard Murong Zheng find fault with the chicken soup she had brought.

Knowing Murong Zheng's habits, Murong Qiao felt a little helpless. She even felt that it was really rare for Murong Zheng to maintain this style until now.

"If you don't want to drink it, I'll take the chicken soup away." Since Murong Zheng didn't like it, Murong Qiao didn't intend to waste it.

She puffed up her cheeks angrily and reached out to take it away.

However, as soon as the lid was twisted shut, Murong Zheng stopped her before she could take it away.

"How can you bring back something you gave away?" Murong Zheng said matter-of-factly and put the chicken soup aside naturally.

Before Murong Qiao could react, she watched as Murong Zheng placed the chicken soup on the shelf beside him. From the height, it looked like he was afraid that she would take it away.