Chapter 188: Bullied

Zheng Yue's change attracted the attention of her roommates.

[Yang Xin: I just checked the laptop's brand. The cheapest model costs 8,000 yuan!]

[Leng Yan: ...Everyone has their own ambitions.]

Although it was not a sure thing, Leng Yan and Yang Xin both tacitly agreed that Zheng Yue must have found some external backer.

Of course, Zheng Yue could not afford a new computer. Normally she would have less than 500 yuan on her, not to mention 8000 yuan.

Nan Kang had given her this computer in the name of allowing her to bring her work back to the dormitory from the company. This way, she wouldn't have to stay in the company late every day.

Zheng Yue had originally refused, but Nan Kang's unyielding attitude was enough to convince her.

"Students have to study hard. 1 didn't give you this computer for nothing." Nan Kang smiled understandingly.

Then, he placed the computer on Zheng Yue's desk with an unquestionable attitude.

"Computers are what every employee should be allocated. It is for working purposes anyway." He spoke with a soothing tone.

Zheng Yue's resistance was easily resolved by Nan Kang. In the end, she nodded in a daze without knowing what was going on.

When she came back to her senses, she found that she had returned to the dormitory with her new laptop.

There was also a dress on the bed that she had hidden. It was also gifted by Nan Kang.

He said that because she was required to accompany him to meet clients this weekend, he had bought it for Zheng Yue in the name of employee benefits. The moon-white dress actually suited her very well. Almost at the first sight of this dress, Nan Kang was able to envision Zheng Yue's appearance in it.

Tomorrow was the start of the weekend. Zheng Yue was immersed in the fancy functions on the laptop that she had never used before and was also nervous about meeting the client the next day. As a result, she failed to notice that her roommates were treating her differently.

At this moment, Murong Qiao was not paying any attention to Zheng Yue. She occasionally looked at what Yang Xin and Leng Yan were talking about and discussed the company's matters with Jiang Chi.

[Regarding Shi Yang, I plan to take advantage of his popularity online to release an album.] Jiang Chi singled out this matter.

Jiang Chi was experienced, so it was more than enough for him to arrange things according to the company's current situation. As Shi Yang was now one of the more outstanding artists, Jiang Chi was willing to spend a lot of effort to nurture him.

After all, he was a good seedling. Seeing how popular Shi Yang was, the manager soul in Jiang Chi's body was also stirring.

[Alright, the rest of you can carry on as usual. Report to me immediately if there's any bad news.] Murong Qiao replied.

She didn't say that for nothing. In her previous life, Murong Qiao vaguely remembered that there was a period of time when the entertainment industry was in chaos. Hence, celebrities' scandals were commonplace.

Although she didn't know if it would involve her celebrities, it was better to be safe than sorry.

[I'll remember this. Also, we've made a demo for Shi Yang's album. I'll send it to you later.] Jiang Chi then ended the topic.

The news of Shi Yang's new song had already been sent out after the livestream, so the company had been very busy for the past two days.

Although celebrities usually wouldn't be controlled too much by their boss, Shi Yang was the first to become popular in their company. Therefore, Jiang Chi and Murong Qiao valued him very much.