Chapter 11: Completion of the Safe House

Three days later, with the help of Wu Huiren's connections, Zhang Yi successfully acquired two guns and 100 rounds of ammunition.

Although the price was a bit steep, Zhang Yi didn't mind at all. Holding these substantial items, he gained a newfound confidence in his safety amid the apocalypse.

Having completed the trade for the necessary medicines with Zhou Hairun, another week passed.

Wu Huiren called Zhang Yi, informing him that the safe house had been built according to his specifications and invited him to come for inspection.

Leaving the hotel where he had stayed for quite some time, Zhang Yi drove back to Yue Lu Residential Area.

Wu Huiren personally guided Zhang Yi through the inspection of the house.

Upon seeing the finished product, even Zhang Yi couldn't help but be impressed. Dragon Security Company truly lived up to its reputation as a top-notch security firm in China.

The speed and quality of constructing the safe house left no room for criticism.

Following Zhang Yi's instructions, the entire house was fitted with 200mm-thick alloy plates. Surprisingly, from the outside, there was no visible difference compared to before.

Wu Huiren patiently explained every detail to Zhang Yi.

"The ventilation system is military-grade, capable of filtering any harmful gas to prevent poison gas attacks from the outside."

"In addition, the entire house's heating system has been redone, using materials from the Arctic Scientific Research Institute."

"Besides the fireplace you requested, it can also isolate 99.5% of temperature loss."

At this point, Wu Huiren gave Zhang Yi a mysterious smile.

"To ensure your safety, we installed a surveillance system throughout the entire building. There are a total of 300 cameras, allowing you to monitor every floor of the building."

Listening to all this, Zhang Yi was amazed and didn't know what to say. He could only sigh; having money was indeed a blessing, providing access to services beyond the imagination of ordinary people.

He went to the balcony and found it transformed into a massive floor-to-ceiling window.

Wu Huiren explained, "The window materials are bulletproof and explosion-proof, even sturdier than the 200mm alloy plates. It also facilitates lighting and necessary external observation."

Zhang Yi was extremely satisfied with the safe house. Unless an army armed with heavy weapons attacked, no one could forcibly enter his home.

Even if the entire building collapsed, his room would likely remain intact.

"I'm very satisfied with the safe house you've built," Zhang Yi said with a smile.

Wu Huiren was also all smiles. He took out some documents for Zhang Yi to sign and said, "If there are no issues, please settle the remaining payment within three months."

Zhang Yi nodded with a smile, "Absolutely, definitely!"

However, he had no intention of paying the remaining amount. Thinking about the mere one million yuan deposit he had paid and getting a nearly ten-million-yuan safe house for free, he felt ecstatic.

Lying on the sofa, he admired his perfect safe house. However, after contemplating for a moment, he realized he had overlooked a crucial thing.

The source of life!

Slapping his forehead, he exclaimed, "Oh, how could I forget something as essential as water?"

After the advent of the icy apocalypse, while it was possible to obtain water by chipping ice, going outside meant facing extreme temperatures of minus sixty or seventy degrees. Moreover, there could be dangers lurking.