Chapter 131: Shameless Old Woman

A disdainful expression appeared on Zhang Yi's face.

This despicable woman is truly disgusting. She even changed her address to "husband" for Uncle You. Why didn't I hear you call him that before?

Now, she's using Uncle You's act of blocking bullets to morally pressure him into taking care of her and her daughter. Damn it, she deserves to die!

Zhang Yi glanced at Uncle You; he still had some breath left. Whether he could survive depended on Zhou Ke'er.

If Uncle You were already dead, Zhang Yi would have slapped Xie Limei right now, making her lose her bearings. However, as long as Uncle You was alive, Zhang Yi had to be patient. After all, Uncle You took a bullet for him. It wouldn't be right to settle scores before he died.

So, with a cold expression, Zhang Yi remained silent.

Xie Limei cried for a while. Seeing Zhang Yi's lack of response, she started to feel anxious.

Uncle You was her carefully chosen long-term meal ticket. Now that the meal ticket was gone, she had to find another one to support herself and her daughter. She wouldn't be too sad if Uncle You died, but she was willing to use this opportunity to morally pressure Zhang Yi.

Thus, Xie Limei wiped her tears, turned around, and tearfully looked at Zhang Yi. "Zhang Yi, will my husband be okay?"

"Husband, my foot!" Zhang Yi cursed in his mind while maintaining a calm expression. "Don't worry; I will do everything I can to save Uncle You! Zhou Ke'er is the chief doctor at the major hospital, and with her, there's hope for Uncle You's recovery."

In his storage space, Zhang Yi had a lot of things, including medicines from three large containers and medical equipment he found later in the warehouse. Zhang Yi only had one thing to say: he would do everything to save Uncle You. However, whether he could succeed depended on fate.

"If something happens to him, I don't want to live anymore!" Xie Limei cried.

Zhang Yi remained silent, avoiding the topic. Xie Limei, seeing Zhang Yi's indifference, secretly cursed him, blaming him for not protecting her and her daughter, given that Uncle You risked his life for them.

Uncle You's survival was essential for Xie Limei. Still, she was eager to use the situation to pressure Zhang Yi into taking responsibility for them.

So, wiping her tears, she handed the tightly wrapped baby to Zhang Yi. "Zhang Yi, if my husband dies, I don't want to live either. But please, for the sake of my husband, take care of the child. I beg you!"

"Xie Sister, where are you getting at?" Zhang Yi quickly said, refusing to accept the role of a child's caretaker.

"What if he can't be saved?" Xie Limei asked.

"Rest assured, I will do my best!" Zhang Yi replied.

"But what if all your efforts still can't save him?" Xie Limei pressed.

"You can trust me; I will do everything in my power," Zhang Yi assured. "I believe you also want Uncle You to be okay, right?"

Zhang Yi stared into Xie Limei's eyes, questioning her word by word. Unable to respond, Xie Limei felt speechless. She urgently asked Zhang Yi whether he would help after Uncle You's death, as if she were eagerly anticipating it.

"Of course, I... I certainly hope my husband will be fine!" Xie Limei responded, feeling the pressure from Zhang Yi's eloquence.

Witnessing Zhang Yi's persuasive skills, Xie Limei didn't dare to argue further and continued to cry while holding the child.

Zhang Yi had Uncle You carried to the entrance of his home. Since they were on the 24th floor, there were two changes of people among the neighbors carrying him up, all of them panting.

However, no one dared to complain. They knew that if Zhang Yi became unhappy, he could kill them without any hesitation.

Zhang Yi had them put Uncle You down and said, "You can all leave now."

Relieved, the others quickly descended the stairs.

With her child in her arms, Xie Limei cried while watching Uncle You. Zhang Yi wore a stern expression. "Xie Sister, you should go back. We are about to perform surgery on Uncle You to remove the bullet. You won't be of any help here."

Upon hearing this, Xie Limei insisted, "No! He needs someone to accompany him the most right now. I can't leave him alone!"

After saying that, she squatted down and tightly held Uncle You's hand.

Uncle You's painful expression had eased a bit by now.

Zhang Yi wanted to shoot her, but with Uncle You nearby, he couldn't act. Saving Uncle You was the priority, so Zhang Yi couldn't afford any further delay. He reluctantly opened the door.

Opening the door was like entering a wonderland for Xie Limei. It had been a month since the arrival of the Ice Apocalypse, and she had endured a month of suffering in the cold environment. If Uncle You hadn't warmed her and her child every night, they would have died long ago.

Feeling the warm breeze in the room and seeing the familiar yet strange layout of a civilized society, tears streamed down her face genuinely, not for show.

Zhang Yi called Zhou Ke'er to help transport Uncle You, while Xie Limei unconsciously entered the room, holding her child.

Seeing the water dispenser in the corner, she couldn't help but swallow her saliva. She quickly picked up a cup from the table, went to the water dispenser, and started pouring hot water.

Zhang Yi and Zhou Ke'er witnessed this scene.

Zhou Ke'er's eyes showed some surprise, as if she couldn't understand why Zhang Yi allowed her to enter. However, when she saw Uncle You at the door covered in blood, she immediately understood.

Zhang Yi's gaze was also filled with disdain because Xie Limei had taken his cup! She had just taken the water, blown on it twice, and started drinking happily. "Ah~ Hot water is so delicious!"

Xie Limei wore a happy expression.

Suddenly, she remembered something and looked at the baby in her arms. "Zhang Yi, do you have milk powder at your house?"

Zhang Yi and Zhou Ke'er were moving Uncle You, but upon hearing Xie Limei's words, Zhang Yi's face turned extremely ugly. "What did you say?"

Startled by Zhang Yi's gaze, Xie Limei remembered the current situation.

Holding the water cup, she nervously said, "The child also needs something to drink! My husband cares a lot about the child."

Zhang Yi glared at her with ice-cold eyes. "Come over and help! Otherwise, I'll kick you out directly!"

Afraid to say more, Xie Limei could only follow with the child.

Zhang Yi and Zhou Ke'er moved Uncle You to an empty room.

Zhang Yi's house had three rooms and a living room. Besides his and Zhou Ke'er's room, there was one more room, usually unused, where Zhang Yi placed a silent generator.

The entire safe house's power supply relied on three silent generators.