Chapter 143: Make a Decision

Uncle You was so excited after hearing Zhang Yi's words that he didn't know what to say.

"This...this is really troublesome for you. Your family's resources are limited! With three more people, the amount of coal for heating alone needs to be doubled."

"I'll move out once I recover. I have arms and legs; I can't let you take care of me!" Zhang Yi smiled, "Let's not talk about that for now. Just focus on resting. We can discuss future matters later."

At this moment, the baby in Zhang Yi's arms suddenly cried out loudly.

Zhang Yi had no experience with babies. His improper posture woke the baby up, and it started crying even louder. No matter how he tried to console it, the baby wouldn't stop crying.

Uncle You couldn't help either, as Sheli Mei was usually the one taking care of the child at home.

Helpless, Zhang Yi turned to Zhou Keren for assistance.

"Think of a way to calm the baby down!"

Zhang Yi looked helpless, but Zhou Keren was just as clueless when faced with a crying infant.

"I... I don't know how to take care of a baby either!"

Zhang Yi had a sudden idea, "How about giving the baby a sedative? If that doesn't work, some sleeping pills."

Zhou Keren looked a bit speechless, "Using sleeping pills on a baby is harmful to their health. Isn't that too much? Where's the mother?"

Zhang Yi's tone was cold, "She went to fetch something."

Zhou Keren had no choice but to take the baby from Zhang Yi. However, both of them were beginners in this matter, and Zhou Keren couldn't calm the baby down either.

Suddenly, Zhang Yi thought of something and said, "Could it be that the baby needs a diaper change?"

Zhou Keren also realized this. She opened the swaddle, and indeed, the baby's diaper was almost full.

Zhang Yi coughed and then silently stepped back two meters. At the same time, he took out a bag of diapers from a different space and placed it on the floor.

"It's up to you now!"

Zhou Keren was utterly speechless, but looking at the crying baby in her arms, she could only try to change the diaper.

After a lot of effort, Zhou Keren finally changed the diaper, and the baby's crying gradually subsided.

Zhang Yi, together with Zhou Keren, went to Uncle You's ward, chatting with him and having Zhou Keren check his condition again.

Zhang Yi asked, "Uncle You, have you felt any changes in your body, something different from usual?"

Uncle You weakly shook his head. "I have no strength in my whole body now. I just feel a bit itchy around the wound."

However, Zhou Keren said, "That means your wound is healing; it's a normal phenomenon."

After chatting for a while, over half an hour passed, but there was no sign of Sheli Mei returning.

Uncle You couldn't help but feel worried. "Why hasn't she come back yet?"

Zhang Yi's pupils suddenly contracted, and he said in a deep voice, "Could she be in danger? The situation outside is chaotic. Jiang Lei and Li Chengbin attacked me yesterday. It's hard to guarantee there are no traitors among the remaining people!"

"Oh no, Sister Xie is in danger!"

Zhang Yi looked tense. Uncle You also expressed his concern, "Zhang Yi, go and check quickly! Don't let anything happen to her!"

Zhang Yi nodded, "Keren, take care of Uncle You and the baby. I'll go and have a look!"

After saying this, he quickly left the ward and returned to his room to prepare.

Bulletproof vest, bulletproof pants, tactical belt, pistol, dagger.

An M4 hung over his shoulder, and the bulletproof helmet on his head dropped down with a transparent face mask.

Ready.

Zhang Yi took out his phone and sent a message to the group of homeowners.

"Please gather in Room 1301 on the 13th floor. I will distribute supplies, and we will decide the division of each unit building in the future."

"You can choose any unit building freely, first come, first served."

After these words, Zhang Yi also sent a special message to Xu Hao: "Stay at home honestly."

Then he put away his phone and walked out of his apartment.

Zhang Yi's steps were slow, but from afar, he could hear the rumbling footsteps in the corridor.

Those were very hurried footsteps.

Neighbors knew that Zhang Yi was going to distribute food and determine territories, and they were excited.

They rushed towards the 13th floor, fearing they might be late, and all the good territories would be taken by others.

Zhang Yi, holding an assault rifle, descended the stairs, neither fast nor slow.

It took him a full five minutes to walk down from the 11th floor stairs.

Arriving on the 13th floor, Zhang Yi could already hear the lively chatter coming from Room 1301.

The neighbors were more excited than one another, imagining a beautiful and peaceful future.

"Now that all the other buildings have been subdued by us, the future of the community is in our hands!"

"Haha, Zhang Yi is really considerate, letting each of us manage one building. It sounds pretty good, making people from other units our servants!"

"The most important thing is the issue of resource supply. Zhang Yi still needs to continue providing us with food, or share the use of snow motorcycles with us."

"I think he'll accept this proposal. After all, the community is stable now, and he doesn't want to break the current situation!"

"We can support Zhang Yi as the leader of the community, and he provides us with food and protects our safety. It's fair."

"From a Confucian perspective, we can also provide labor and help defend the community when faced with external threats."

They had no idea that Zhang Yi was right outside the room.

A group of people was already fantasizing about the beautiful life ahead.

They thought that everyone threatening them had been eliminated, and only peaceful and harmonious days lay ahead.

Zhang Yi listened attentively from outside, a sardonic smile on his lips.

He opened his right hand and took out two grenades from a different space.

At the same time, he also retrieved the blast shield and held it in front of him.

After preparing all this, Zhang Yi pulled the pin from the grenade and rolled it into the room from the doorway.

Zhang Yi quickly raised the blast shield and retreated.

In the room, a neighbor noticed two melon-like objects rolling towards him.

"Hey, what's this?"

Curiously, he looked down.

By the time he recognized what it was, a burst of flames instantly engulfed him!

"Boom!"

More than a dozen people in the room were instantly blasted away, and the entire house showed obvious signs of shaking.