Chapter 130: No One Left Behind

A magazine of bullets was quickly emptied, leaving Zhang Yi no time to reload. He tossed the submachine gun aside and drew two police pistols from his waist. The people in the snowy field, unable to run fast, fell one by one as Zhang Yi shot them in the head.

In less than twenty seconds, almost everyone at the scene was dead.

A few trembling survivors raised their hands, their faces filled with fear and pleading. "Zhang Yi, we're not their accomplices! It's not our business!"

"I swear, I swear this has nothing to do with us! Please don't kill me!"

Zhang Yi remembered these building leaders. When Wang Qiang and the others attacked, they didn't take any action. So, it was highly likely that they were not involved in this.

With a pull of the trigger, several building leaders' heads were instantly blown open, and they fell to the snowy ground.

Zhang Yi aimed the gun at the last person alive, Chen Lingyu, the leader of Building 9. She was shaking with fear, tears streaming down her face.

"Zhang Yi, this really has nothing to do with me. I beg you to believe me!"

"I have a thirteen-year-old daughter studying abroad. I want to live to see her come back."

Zhang Yi looked at her coldly, and after two seconds of silence, a gunshot ended her life.

The white snow was now stained red with blood. Only Zhang Yi stood among the scattered bodies, surrounded by over forty corpses.

Even in the apocalypse, it was the first time Zhang Yi had killed so many people in one go. He knew that many of them might not have participated in the plot against him, but he had no choice. He couldn't allow anyone with suspicions of conspiring against him to live.

He spoke to the lifeless bodies, "You all will die sooner or later. Living is so hard; it's better to let me send you to heaven!"

With a gun in his hand, Zhang Yi exhaled a puff of white smoke. "From this perspective, I've relieved you of your suffering. You should be grateful to me."

If these departed neighbors were aware, they might say, "I really should thank him!"

After eliminating all the enemies, Zhang Yi's gaze swept around. The intense gunfire had attracted all the neighbors, who now peeked from their windows, eyes filled with awe for Zhang Yi. Some were relieved and grateful for what he had done.

Zhang Yi looked towards Buildings 26 and 21, the territories of the Sky Union Gang and the Wolf Gang. Wang Qiang and Huang Tianfang couldn't escape; they were the first to attack him.

Originally, their subordinates were waiting at the entrance, ready to rush in and loot when their bosses made a move. But when Zhang Yi pulled out the black M4 carbine, they hesitated. Zhang Yi's gaze made them even more afraid.

The second-in-command of the Wolf Gang, Xiao Lu, retreated shivering, "Retreat, quickly retreat! Don't attract this devil over!"

A group of frightened little carrots fled in panic.

Zhang Yi didn't pay attention to them and walked straight to Uncle You. Not far away, the bodies of Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei lay with more than a dozen bullet holes still oozing blood.

These two had been loyal underlings, fighting alongside him multiple times. However, for reasons unknown, they betrayed him. But Zhang Yi didn't mind. Anyone who betrayed him, including Uncle You and Zhou Keren, was normal in his eyes.

After today, Uncle You's position in Zhang Yi's heart would rise. At the very least, he could trust him with some important matters.

"Uncle You, are you still alive?"

Zhang Yi crouched down, assessing the surroundings to prevent any surprise attacks. Simultaneously, he checked Uncle You's pulse.

"No pulse!"

Zhang Yi was shocked for a moment. But soon, he remembered he was wearing cut-resistant gloves; feeling the pulse was impossible. He had no choice but to turn Uncle You over.

There were three clear traces of blood on Uncle You's body. Bullets hadn't hit his heart, but Zhang Yi didn't know if he could still be saved.

Regardless, Zhang Yi had to try.

He took out an adrenaline shot from the spatial ring and jabbed it into Uncle You's chest.

Then, he shouted towards Building 25, "Come and help!"

At the entrance of Building 25, a group of neighbors stood there trembling. They had been frightened by Zhang Yi's god-like performance, and until now, they didn't dare approach.

Zhang Yi's cold gaze swept over all of them, finally awakening these folks.

A group of people feared Zhang Yi and hurried over to help.

"Carry him up and take him to my place! Be gentle; if anything happens, and you touch him or drop him, I'll treat you like paper dolls and burn you along with Uncle You!"

With Zhang Yi's warning, these neighbors were extremely careful when lifting Uncle You. Zhang Yi followed them, holding his guns.

When they reached the seventh floor, they suddenly heard crying.

"Brother You, Brother You, what happened to you? You mustn't have anything wrong! If anything happens to you, how can my daughter and I survive?"

They saw Xie Limei, holding her child, crying as she ran down the stairs.

Zhang Yi noticed that when Xie Limei cried, Uncle You's eyelids seemed to loosen.

Zhang Yi couldn't help but sigh: Old You, you may not be too kind, but if you hadn't been so righteous, maybe the first person I killed back then would have been you.

Unable to be used and a formidable person, such individuals would become a potential threat. Zhang Yi had to eliminate them.

But now, Zhang Yi owed Uncle You a huge favor, and he couldn't get angry with Xie Limei. The neighbors knew about the relationship between Xie Limei and Uncle You, so they quickly made way for her.

Xie Limei approached Uncle You, deliberately standing close to Zhang Yi, then burst into tears.

"Husband! Open your eyes and look at me! I'm Limei, you promised to marry me in the future!"

"And the baby, you said you wanted to see her grow to eighteen. After the apocalypse, the three of us can live a good life together."

"Husband!!!"

"Your words have to count! If you leave, how can my daughter and I survive? You might as well take us with you."

"What are you showing off your abilities for? Blocking bullets seems righteous, but can you justify that to us, a widow with an orphan?"

...

Zhang Yi got goosebumps from listening.

Xie Limei didn't mention him at all, but every sentence was directed at him. On the surface, she cried for Uncle You, but in reality, she was telling Zhang Yi, "Uncle You took bullets for you. If he has any problems, you have to take care of us, a widow and an orphan!"