Chapter 70: Deterrence

Zhou Keren raised the baseball bat in her hand, gazing at the massive lump of ice formed by ten corpses. With determination, she clenched her teeth and decisively swung the bat down!

"Crack!" The ice lump shattered upon impact.

Zhou Keren felt the shock reverberate through her hand, and with a slight "ouch," she dropped the baseball bat. Massaging her palm, she remarked, "That was really hard!"

Before Zhang Yi could speak, she entered the room and returned with a large hammer in hand. "This works better!" she declared with a firm gaze.

Zhang Yi fell silent for a moment, realizing he might have underestimated the woman before him. Zhou Keren raised the hammer and ruthlessly struck down. Since the layer of ice covering the bodies wasn't too thick, it quickly shattered with a series of cracking sounds. The bodies inside broke apart as well, with the more fragile limbs cleanly severed.

Zhang Yi recorded the entire process with his phone. After Zhou Keren's initial strike, her courage grew, and the fear gradually faded away. Following a series of cracking sounds, the lump of ice was now fragmented.

After completing Zhang Yi's request, Zhou Keren climbed back over.

"What's the point of recording this?" Zhou Keren asked curiously while undressing.

Zhang Yi smirked, sending the video to the residents' group chat.

Zhou Keren suddenly realized, "Are you trying to establish dominance in the group chat to prevent them from bothering you in the future?"

Zhang Yi smiled faintly, "Not only that. I want to replace Chen Zhenghao in their minds."

The neighbors feared Chen Zhenghao more than him because Chen had guns and was willing to kill to seize supplies. Despite Zhang Yi having killed many, the impression he left was still that of a sneaky guy who ambushed others at home. Zhang Yi aimed to take control and prepare for the day when he would leave the house.

Nodding in understanding, Zhou Keren expressed her support for Zhang Yi's actions.

Both of them, dressed only in underwear, sat on the sofa. Zhou Keren, obediently leaning against Zhang Yi, placed her long, shapely legs close to his.

Their appearance resembled that of a passionate couple in love. Zhou Keren's feelings for Zhang Yi stemmed from dependence, a woman's inherent admiration for strength. For Zhang Yi, she was still more of a tool at this point. As for emotions, that was a matter for the future, and if they did develop, Zhang Yi wouldn't mind, but they wouldn't be too deep.

Recently, the internet seemed to be deteriorating, and it took a minute to upload the video. Due to heavy snow, the nearby base stations were affected. However, as a world-renowned infrastructure fanatic, China maintained top-tier communication standards. So, communication wasn't entirely disrupted yet, just more susceptible to interference at long distances.

Neighbors watched the video out of curiosity. When they saw the gruesome deaths of Chen Zhenghao and others, many burst into fits of laughter, tinged with tears.

"Chen Zhenghao, the devil, is finally dead!" "Xiaocui, you can rest in peace now!" "Finally... he's finally dead! We can go outside!" "That damned thing, he died so well! Haha! Haha... haha... sob sob sob..."

The neighbors harbored a deep-seated hatred for Chen Zhenghao. If it weren't for him instigating the bloodshed, many in the building wouldn't have died. Their loved ones, friends, and partners were brutally killed by Chen Zhenghao and his group, some even ending up in their stomachs!

This hatred was beyond expression in words.

Zhang Yi posted a message in the group, "Chen Zhenghao is dead, and I, Zhang Yi, did it."