Chapter 54: Zhou Ke'er

What was Zhang Yi's attitude towards the news of those female homeowners? He just glanced at some interesting messages, didn't bother replying, and went back to his lazy routine. Of course, there were a few bold ones who directly sent private selfies to Zhang Yi. Zhang Yi casually took a look, but there wasn't much interest. Mainly because these women were too confident; there were a few who looked decent, but most were average in looks. They weren't like the female anchors on a certain app, who professionally practiced how to twist their waists and hips, with nothing worth watching. Is this the test for men? Can a few men resist this kind of temptation? As for the selfish requests of some male residents, that was even simpler. Not just calling each other brothers, big brothers, or little brothers, and then asking Zhang Yi for some support. There were also some old men, morally blackmailing and asking Zhang Yi to take care of them. The most disgusting part was that there was even a gay guy! As for the requests he made... Zhang Yi didn't want to discuss that. After a brief look around, Zhang Yi felt bored. He found a phone stand, placed the phone in front of him, and hoped for some creative ideas to emerge. Then, he lay on the sofa, sipping red wine, eating foie gras, and enjoying the beautiful snowfall outside the window. Half a month passed, and the snow outside still showed no signs of stopping. The entire city was completely covered by heavy snow, and according to Zhang Yi's memory, after a month, everything below the fourth floor would be submerged. As for how much longer it would snow, he was not sure. However, he really had no reason to go out. Going out was to seek hope for survival, but now no one knew where they could survive, except for Zhang Yi. Leaning his chin on his hand, Zhang Yi lazily muttered to himself, "Staying at home every day is quite boring. How about going out for a while when the people in this building are mostly dead?" When the people in this building had mostly died, he could go out for a stroll. After thinking about it, Zhang Yi suddenly remembered that there were several snowmobiles in his warehouse. Originally, they were supposed to be transported to a nearby city for use in an artificial snow and ice field. In this way, even if there were ten meters of snow outside, he still had a way to go out. "Although I can't leave this room now, with this method, I can go out for some fresh air under safe conditions in the future." Zhang Yi felt a bit interested. Being bored at home occasionally, it would be nice to go out and relax. He had professional-grade cold-resistant clothing and snowmobiles, so he wasn't afraid even if the temperature dropped to minus sixty or seventy degrees. Zhang Yi continued to browse through the messages from his neighbors out of boredom. Among these people, there was one person's message that caught Zhang Yi's attention. The message from Zhou Ke'er was not about begging or sending private photos; instead, it was a very calm request for an exchange. "Mr. Zhang, our family's food and medicine are running out. I hope you can provide some help. In return, I can offer medical assistance for you in the future." "Zhou Ke'er?" Zhang Yi's mind quickly conjured up her appearance. Zhou Ke'er, a 26-year-old female doctor from the First People's Hospital of Tianhai City, with a slender and tall figure, at least 175 cm tall. The most profound impression she left on Zhang Yi was not her cold and restrained face but her impressive 36D figure. Especially in winter when wearing a black sweater, her tall and straight posture, every time they met in the elevator, made Zhang Yi unable to help but take a few more glances. "Indeed, she is a doctor, very rational. Instead of begging for charity, she wants to make a deal with me, right?" Zhang Yi appreciated Zhou Ke'er's attitude. In the apocalypse, only those with value have the qualifications to survive. And Zhou Ke'er demonstrated her value, which was her excellent medical skills. After all, it was impossible to work at the First People's Hospital of Tianhai City without certain capabilities. In the apocalypse, medical skills were also a crucial skill. Although Zhang Yi had stocked up on many medicines and had been studying in this area recently, he didn't have the confidence to deal with all diseases. Having a doctor by his side would provide significant assurance for his survival in the future. More importantly, Zhang Yi had observed Zhou Ke'er's character. In the previous life, the reason she died was because she gave food to Xie Limei. Whether out of complete despair or genuine kindness, at least Zhang Yi saw a glimmer of humanity in her. Adjusting his posture, Zhang Yi placed his left hand at the base of his thigh and said to himself, "Or I can keep her to take care of me and my good brothers?" "Although I'm living comfortably now, my brothers are having a hard time. That's a problem." Zhang Yi was a passionate young man, and he wouldn't shy away from such issues. Moreover, in a post-apocalyptic world where morality and etiquette were nonexistent, there was no need for humans to live too suppressively. It was better to honestly face their desires. "Hahaha!" Zhang Yi suddenly burst into laughter. He patted the armrest and said, "It's quite tempting, but unfortunately, it's a pity!" He looked up at the ceiling and said casually, "I, I'm really afraid of death. Although Zhou Ke'er is a choice worth considering, without a hundred percent control over her, I can't let her in." "Ah, let's see how it goes!" "There will definitely be survivors in the future. With my excellent conditions, will it be difficult to find a good doctor and a good woman?" Zhang Yi was quite open-minded; after all, he was a man who had died once. He replied to Zhou Ke'er, "I am currently very healthy, and there is no need for a doctor. But there are indeed many medicines in my house, not to mention food." "If you want to make an exchange, you should at least offer something useful to me now." Whether you are a beautiful genius doctor or not, you can't freeload off me! When the other side fell into a long silence, it finally replied to Zhang Yi. "Can we consider it as an advance payment for medical fees? I... I really can't hold on any longer." Zhou Ke'er's tone carried a hint of hesitation and a bit of shame. It was evident that if she didn't have no other choice, she wouldn't easily beg a man she wasn't very familiar with. After pondering for a moment, Zhang Yi said to her, "I can provide you with food and medicine. But you have to help me with a favor." "What favor?" Zhou Ke'er asked. Zhang Yi said, "These neighbors are probably going to target me. If you find out how they plan to act, let me know." Zhang Yi knew that these crazy neighbors would definitely attack his house. But he wasn't afraid. When he built this steel fortress, he spent so much money and personally selected many functions. The purpose was to wait for this day to come! At this moment, his home was like a war fortress with slightly weaker firepower. Even a group of armed soldiers wouldn't be able to break into his home without heavy weapons. Not to mention these neighbors, who had endured hunger and cold for half a month, and were now half-dead. He proposed such conditions just to give Zhou Ke'er an excuse. And having an insider would always add an extra layer of security, allowing him to prepare early.