Chapter 47: Tetanus Arrows

Indeed, some people gradually began to realize Zhang Yiru's unusual situation. In this icy post-apocalyptic world, everyone was starving and freezing, even those who usually had supplies faced great difficulties.

Yet, he not only had enough to eat and wear, but also chose to install a fireplace in the southern city of Tianhai. Combined with the sturdy security door, it was clear that he had prepared for this situation.

Zhou Peng sneered and said resentfully, "If that's the case, Zhang Yiru is even more despicable! Clearly aware that a snow disaster was coming, he only cared about himself and didn't bother to inform the neighbors!"

"Spit!"

He spat forcefully. Due to his personal grudge against Zhang Yiru, Zhou Peng never missed an opportunity to vilify him.

Wang Min and others still frowned, paying no attention to Zhou Peng. After all, if they were in his shoes, they would prioritize their own safety and that of their families, disregarding the life and death of others.

"The question is, what should we do next? Prying the door won't work, is breaking it down directly feasible?"

Wang Min spoke, looking at Zhou Peng, Sun Zhichao, and Ge Jialiang—the three men in their group. If they were to forcefully break down the door, these three would be the main force.

After whispering and discussing for a while, they left the stairs again.

Zhang Yiru, holding a gun in his left hand and a crossbow in his right, calmly watched them leave. He could have taken action and killed two people, but he wasn't in a hurry. His life had been too peaceful lately, and he needed some excitement. So, he wanted to see how these people planned to break in. This was also preparation for dealing with more troublesome individuals in the future.

After a while, they returned. This time, they brought a large, thick piece of wood, seemingly dismantled from a bed. Several women held umbrellas on the side to prevent Zhang Yiru from splashing cold water on them.

The three men raised the wood and rammed it against the door with a loud "duang!" The sound was so loud that Zhang Yiru could feel the wall trembling.

However, he wasn't worried. If the 20 cm thick steel plate could be broken, it would require someone like the Hulk on the other side.

Zhou Peng, Sun Zhichao, and Ge Jialiang desperately rammed the door. Zhang Yiru just sat on the sofa, watching them, and observed the changes in the house through the mobile app.

This app was specially designed by the Dragon Security Company for users to monitor the overall movements of their homes. Zhang Yiru wasn't careless, holding his weapons steadily. If he noticed anything amiss, he would act.

However, after Sun Zhichao and the others exerted their force for a long time, the entire building seemed to know about it, yet the door remained as robust as ever. Apart from a few white spots, there wasn't even a dent!

After five minutes, the group was utterly dumbfounded.

"How... how thick is this door?"

"Even a bank vault door wouldn't be this sturdy!"

"Whose house has this kind of door!"

Sun Zhichao and others were almost in despair, angrily roaring.

It was the sound of unwillingness and despair.

Observing this scene through the monitor, Zhang Yiru smiled faintly, feeling more confident in the quality of his safe room.

"Alright, it's time to teach you a lesson."

Zhang Yiru stood up, placed the pistol in his pocket, and then opened an iron box. Inside were 20 crossbow bolts, but strangely, they were covered in rust.

In theory, these alloy crossbow bolts were difficult to rust, but these 20 were mottled with rust, as if they had been stored in a damp environment for years.

In fact, Zhang Yiru intentionally created this rust. As long as it slightly scratched the skin, there would be a risk of tetanus. In an environment where medical treatment was unavailable, it wouldn't cause immediate death but would lead to infection, suppuration, and a painful death.

If someone hit by this arrow chose to amputate to survive, they would have to endure extreme pain. This experience was learned from Chen Zhenghao.

Although Chen Zhenghao's leg was disabled, he managed to survive through certain methods. But if he were hit by this tetanus arrow again, Zhang Yiru wanted to see how he would survive!

A devilish smile appeared on Zhang Yiru's lips as he climbed up to the shooting hole.

Fang Yuqing and others, holding umbrellas, couldn't see the situation below clearly.

Zhang Yiru didn't care about them. He aimed and shot directly under the umbrella!

Whether they lived or died was their luck; he preferred they didn't die.

"Shoo!"

The tetanus arrow pierced through the umbrella, followed by a piercing and miserable scream. Without waiting for them to react, Zhang Yiru quickly loaded the second arrow. There was no need to aim precisely since they were all standing together.

The second arrow was shot out, followed by another miserable scream.

Zhang Yiru quickly reloaded and drew the bow. The people only realized what was happening now and scattered in panic.

Unhurried, Zhang Yiru aimed and shot at them, intentionally avoiding vital areas and targeting arms and thighs.

Among the remaining six people, three were hit by arrows, and one was hit twice. However, due to the slow loading speed of the crossbow, before Zhang Yiru could shoot them again, they ran into his blind spot.

Zhang Yiru shrugged.

It didn't matter. Those guys were already dead, and they would die miserably in extreme pain.

As for the others, Zhang Yiru had plenty of time to play with them.

Time was on Zhang Yiru's side.

Even in this situation, he remained inside and didn't rush out to finish them off.

Let's just say Zhang Yiru is prudent. Even at this time, he wouldn't take the risk of going out to pursue the killing.

"The only problem is the consumption of crossbow bolts."

Frowning, Zhang Yiru began to consider long-term issues. He had bought 300 crossbow bolts and 300 arrows initially. After using them, he didn't bother to go out to retrieve them. Although there were still many left, he thought ahead.

After pondering for a while, Zhang Yiru suddenly had an idea. He opened the alternate space, rummaged around, and immediately found what he wanted!

The warehouse contained many steel balls used for bearings, which could also be launched with a hand crossbow. There were also those toy glass marbles; although they didn't have the penetrating power of steel bolts, they could be quite powerful when shot by a professional hand crossbow.

Even if he ran out of crossbow bolts, there were many metal products inside that he could dismantle and modify.

Zhang Yiru felt comfortable.

"With these things, I can survive for a lifetime!"

He was at ease, but some people were in a miserable situation.

Fang Yuqing and the other seven people had planned to take advantage of their numbers and snatch Zhang Yiru's house. However, instead of succeeding, one person died, and three others were shot with crossbow bolts. They had to run back in embarrassment, not daring to pick up Lutao's body.