Chapter 129: Seizing the Initiative, Counterattack!

After everything was prepared, Zhang Yi, carrying those "specially prepared" foods, rode his motorcycle back to the Yue Lu residential area. Once there, he first called Uncle You, Jiang Lei, Li Chengbin, and others using his phone to maintain order at the scene.

Soon, they arrived in the courtyard with iron rods, shovels, knives, and other weapons in hand.

"Zhang Yi, we're here!"

Zhang Yi glanced at Uncle You and the others, nodding. "Okay, wait here. I'll call them down to get their stuff."

Zhang Yi picked up his phone and notified the representatives of each building unit to come down.

Uncle You, holding an iron rod, stood beside him like a loyal guard. Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei led people, standing on both sides of Zhang Yi, a bit further back, forming a protective arc around him in the center.

Zhang Yi swept his eyes at them.

Today, Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei seemed more focused than usual. Due to the habit of self-protection, Zhang Yi took a few steps back, placing himself behind the crowd.

Before long, representatives from various building units arrived at the scene. Seeing that group of people, a hint of a smile flashed in Zhang Yi's eyes.

His plan had succeeded!

Using scarce items like cigarettes and alcohol, he successfully lured the building leaders from each unit. The only exception was Li Jian from Building 18—he seemed to uphold his principle of fairness and was unwilling to come personally to get things.

Zhang Yi didn't mind; as long as most of the building leaders came, it was sufficient. The cigarettes, alcohol, and other items they retrieved were filled with large doses of rat poison. Once ingested, it would take their lives within 10 to 30 minutes.

Zhang Yi squinted and said, "Alright, come and get your things!"

Starting from Building 1, Zhang Yi threw the supplies about two or three meters away, allowing the representatives of that building to come and take them.

One by one, the representatives walked over and picked up their belongings.

"Building 21!"

Zhang Yi shouted, looking at Wang Qiang.

Wang Qiang, with his head down, walked over. Zhang Yi bent down, picked up a bag of food from the ground, and just as Wang Qiang was about to get up, a sudden shout echoed in his ears, "Attack!"

Wang Qiang pulled out a pistol from his pocket and squeezed the trigger towards Zhang Yi!

Zhang Yi's pupils contracted, instinctively trying to dodge.

At that moment, beside him, Uncle You suddenly pushed him away.

"Bang!" ... "Bang!" ... "Bang!"

Three gunshots rang in Zhang Yi's ears. The sudden attack made him feel like the intervals between these three shots had become incredibly long.

Uncle You's body slowly softened, his knees bending towards the ground.

A piercing ringing echoed in Zhang Yi's ears. He looked up and saw a group of people with ferocious faces charging towards him!

Wang Qiang, holding a pistol; Huang Tianfang, pulling a knife from his pocket...

And there, less than two meters away from him, were Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei!

Among the thirty-plus people present, at least half of them were coming at Zhang Yi. Weapons in their hands gleamed with a cold light.

For this moment, they had been waiting for a long time.

While Zhang Yi wanted to numb them and then find an opportunity to eliminate them, they were also fed up with Zhang Yi and wanted to take him down. Because as long as Zhang Yi was alive, others could be killed at any time.

Moreover, someone had told them that Zhang Yi's home was a perfect shelter, with a comfortable environment and abundant food. For whatever reason, they couldn't allow such a formidable person to exist in Yue Lu residential area!

At this moment, so many people were together. Even Jiang Lei and Li Chengbin, who were beside Zhang Yi, were bought over by them.

They believed that Zhang Yi was destined for a dead end!

Even if he had a gun, at such a close range, how many people could his pistol kill?

At this moment, Zhang Yi's eyes saw Uncle You slowly falling to the ground, and the approaching enemies with fierce expressions.

His gaze gradually became terrifying.

Today's plan was not told to anyone, including Uncle You. Uncle You was also unaware that Zhang Yi was wearing a bulletproof vest and bulletproof pants.

Even those three shots wouldn't have harmed Zhang Yi if Uncle You hadn't, out of gratitude, unhesitatingly blocked the bullets for him.

For the first time since the apocalypse, Zhang Yi felt a sense of guilt.

Then came the overwhelming anger!

Jiang Lei, closest to Zhang Yi, roared, wielding an iron shovel towards Zhang Yi's head.

Zhang Yi quickly rolled on the ground behind the snowmobile.

He adjusted his posture and got up from the ground.

A black submachine gun suddenly appeared in his hand, a bullet chambered, an assault rifle in hand.

A volley gun.

The people charging towards Zhang Yi, their expressions changing from fierce to stunned and ultimately to fear!

"Ratatatatat..."

In the face of a life-or-death crisis, Zhang Yi firmly held the trigger, pressing down on the gun handle, starting a burst fire!

Those closest to him, Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei, had more than a dozen blood holes appear on their bodies in the blink of an eye.

Zhang Yi didn't have time to distinguish who was trying to kill him; he could only assume that these people had to die!

Kill rather than let go—this was Zhang Yi's first survival principle in the apocalypse!

People in front of him fell in rows, and the arrogant Wolf Gang boss Wang Qiang didn't even get close to Zhang Yi before being turned into a sieve.

Before dying, his eyes still held an expression of disbelief.

He couldn't understand—where did Zhang Yi pull out that submachine gun?

If it weren't for that submachine gun, they would've won for sure!

That pistol gave him self-confidence.

But just as Zhang Yi didn't know he had a pistol, he also didn't know Zhang Yi had bulletproof clothes and a submachine gun.

The difference was that Zhang Yi, although unaware of the pistol, had prepared for a gun. Therefore, Wang Qiang had no chance of winning from the beginning.

"He has a submachine gun! How does he have a submachine gun?! Run!"

Huang Tianfang was scared stiff, leaving his knife behind and turning to flee.

Other building leaders were also screaming in fear, turning to escape. At this moment, they regretted not being born with two more legs.

Zhang Yi's eyes turned bloodshot.

He saw blood staining the snow beneath Uncle You, and the whole person didn't move.

Perhaps Uncle You was already dead.

Even if Zhang Yi was ruthless, he was not a heartless beast. Some emotions couldn't help but stir in his heart.

"Uncle You, thank you for blocking the bullets for me. I will avenge you, kill them all!"

Zhang Yi's voice was cold.

Since the apocalypse, this was the first time he faced so many opponents, and the result of the battle was a one-sided slaughter!

As Zhang Yi had said before, in the face of absolute strength, all schemes and tricks were meaningless!