Chapter 39: Stink Bombs

Fang Yuqing felt sorry for her sofa and couldn't stand the sight of Zhou Peng covered in urine. After all, he bore the brunt of the splashing at the door.

She immediately scolded Zhou Peng, telling him not to sit on the sofa.

Zhou Peng felt extremely wronged in his heart. He had only gone to trouble Zhang Yiru because Fang Yuqing told him to. Now, soaked in urine, shivering from the cold, and nursing wounds, Fang Yuqing treated him like this!

But, after all, he was a devoted follower.

Upon reflection, Zhou Peng thought Fang Yuqing's scolding was reasonable. After all, he hadn't done a good job helping her, and he was unclean. How could he dirty the sofa in the goddess's house?

The more Zhou Peng thought about it, the more he felt he deserved the scolding. He quickly stood up and apologized to Fang Yuqing, "I'm sorry, Yuqing, it's my fault. Please don't be angry!"

Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong rushed to change their clothes and waved him away, saying, "Get out quickly; we need to change clothes."

Zhou Peng didn't dare to say anything and quickly left Fang Yuqing's home.

Back in their room, the two women swiftly changed out of the urine-soaked clothes. However, even after changing, they could still smell the pungent odor. Since the urine had also seeped into their hair and skin, even flowing down their necks, enduring the nausea was their only option.

Having failed in their mission and been splashed with urine, the two women harbored even more resentment towards Zhang Yiru.

"What should we do? Zhang Yiru is too cunning and hard to deal with!"

"Damn it, no matter what, I will take over his house!"

"Let's think of a way; I refuse to believe he has no weaknesses!"

As the two women discussed how to deal with Zhang Yiru, he sent a message to Fang Yuqing.

"This time it's urine; next time, I'll pour feces on you! (✺ω✺)"

This time, Zhang Yiru had prepared in a hurry. If he had time to prepare, he would undoubtedly have welcomed them with a shower of feces.

Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong turned green. If they were splashed with feces, they felt like they would rather die!

Zhang Yiru closed the chat, ignoring Fang Yuqing's incoming messages. Although he had disabled message notifications, the number of unread messages was rapidly increasing, indicating that they were not pleasant words.

He checked the homeowners' group.

Upon entering, he witnessed an interesting scene. Since Chen Zhenghao took over his home, Aunt Lin seemed to have some mental problems. Now, she was incessantly sending voice messages in the group, demanding that everyone hand over their supplies to her.

"I am the director of our neighborhood committee! Whoever disobeys me, I'll have you arrested when the snow melts!"

"Hear me? Reply now! You must deliver all the food to my house today!"

However, this time, very few people paid her any attention. After more than ten days, everyone had realized the current situation. The authorities had no time for every individual, and Lin Auntie's so-called neighborhood committee was nothing.

She couldn't scare anyone anymore; instead, she received mockery.

"Damn old lady, why don't you die?"

"You tricked us into giving you a box of instant noodles back then, and I haven't settled the score with you!"

Someone even brought up the beginning of the snow disaster.

"If it weren't for you telling everyone that everything was fine and preventing us from stocking up on supplies, how could we be in this situation today?"

This triggered everyone's anger instantly. When it first started snowing, despite the extreme cold outside, some people still wanted to go shopping. However, Aunt Lin kept reassuring everyone in the group that the snow disaster would pass soon, warning that those who hoarded supplies would be dealt with. As a result, no one dared to go out.

A few days later, all the roads were blocked by heavy snow, making it impossible to go out.

If it weren't for Aunt Lin, they could have stocked up on supplies for at least half a month more!

"Damn old lady, look at what you've done!"

"Blame you, the evildoer!"

Neighbors scolded Aunt Lin loudly, and even wealthy second-generation Xu Hao appeared in the group.

"Highly purchasing supplies, whether it's food or drink, I'll take it. I'll pay 10,000 for a pack of instant noodles, and 5,000 for a bottle of mineral water!"

The price of instant noodles had reached 10,000, showing how anxious Xu Hao was. His money had become useless paper now.

Shaking his head, Zhang Yiru said, "It's already this time, and he's still thinking about using money to buy things."

As soon as Zhang Yiru finished speaking, someone immediately jumped out.

"I have some food at home; I can sell it to you."

Zhang Yiru was speechless. It seemed that no matter how bleak the situation, there were still people greedy enough to risk their lives for money.

Even if hope was faint, some people were still betting that the snow disaster wouldn't last too long. But only Zhang Yiru knew that this snow disaster would persist for an extremely long time.

And after this snow, even if the snow stopped, it would take a very long time for the world to recover.

Money, as a currency, was not even as useful as waste paper. At least waste paper could be used to wipe one's butt.

Thinking about this, a wicked idea crossed Zhang Yiru's mind.

In his warehouse, there were plenty of toilet papers that he couldn't use up. However, his neighbors probably didn't have as much.

If toilet paper ran out, what would they use to wipe their butts?

Soon, he shook his head again.

"Eating so little every day, I guess they don't go to the bathroom much!"

But this also indicated that the fragile peace being maintained would soon be shattered.

Zhang Yiru knew that once the food supply was completely cut off, people would turn into terrifying beasts.

...

The next day, Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong knocked on Zhang Yiru's door again.

They begged outside, hoping Zhang Yiru would let them in, claiming they were on the verge of freezing to death.

Zhang Yiru paid no attention to them. Freezing to death? That was exactly what he hoped for.

Seeing that Zhang Yiru didn't respond, they tried to reason, mentioning their past friendship. Even giving them a little food would be enough.

Zhang Yiru, through the surveillance camera, saw that they had come over with umbrellas this time. It seemed that after being splashed with urine yesterday, they had developed a psychological shadow.

But Zhang Yiru wasn't stupid enough to open the door for them. If he guessed correctly, they were carrying knives and ready to kill him at any moment to seize his house and supplies.

Zhang Yiru thought for a moment, opened the spatial storage, and took out two stink bombs from the toy area.

These toys were meant for practical jokes, emitting an extremely nauseating smell when ignited. Moreover, the smell was challenging to wash off with water and detergent.

Listening to Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong outside, Zhang Yiru chuckled and walked over with the stink bombs in hand.