Chapter 76: The Heavenly Alliance in Building 26

Zhang Yi briefed Zhou Keren on what had just happened.

"It was the workers from the adjacent Building 26 who did it. There's a newly developed neighborhood nearby, so many workers are renting around here."

Zhou Keren was curious, "Our neighborhood is considered high-end. Are they willing to spend so much money?"

Zhang Yi replied, "When ten people share a room, do you think it's expensive?"

Zhou Keren said, "Oh," nodding in understanding. Then, a serious expression appeared on her face.

"So, they are more dangerous than Chen Zhenghao!"

Zhang Yi nodded in agreement.

"Chen Zhenghao is just a street thug. In peacetime, ordinary people wouldn't dare to cause trouble, so they fear him. But now, everyone is living on the edge, and if he didn't have a gun, he would've been killed long ago."

"But these workers are different. They do physical labor every day, and their physical strength is much stronger than the average person. Their combat effectiveness is more formidable. Moreover, they are acquaintances, and with their large numbers, they can easily do whatever they want."

Zhang Yi took a deep breath and sighed, "Fortunately, I took care of that fat guy who played with explosives yesterday; otherwise, I wouldn't have peace of mind even when sleeping at night."

Zhou Keren asked, "So, what do we do now? Do we need to seek revenge on them?"

Zhang Yi raised his eyebrows, "Of course, we need to seek revenge!"

"But it's not possible for me to go over there; it's not wise to enter someone else's territory. Look at them; I've already killed a big part of them."

Zhou Keren said with a hint of frustration, "But you have a gun!"

"Having a gun won't help!" Zhang Yi asserted, "Even if I kill all of them, one hit from a shovel, and I'd feel like I got a bad deal."

Zhou Keren rolled her eyes, "You are too cautious... too conservative!"

"But if you don't go out to confront them, how will you seek revenge? They don't look like people afraid of death; they seem like desperados!"

After all, who plays with explosives in an apartment building? One small mistake could bury oneself.

Zhang Yi rubbed his chin, already having an idea in mind.

"It seems that if we want to live peacefully in the future, we must find some people to be cannon fodder."

Zhang Yi pondered for a moment, took out his phone, and opened the owners' group chat for Building 25.

As the explosion had just happened, neighbors were awakened and the group chat was buzzing with discussions.

"What was that sound just now? An earthquake? Or a missile attack?"

"The sound came from the building; could it be a meteorite falling?"

"It's quite possible. If it's not a meteorite falling from the sky, how can there be such an abnormal temperature? Maybe humanity will become extinct like dinosaurs."

Various speculations and discussions were going on.

Zhang Yi explained, "The workers from Building 26 intruded into our building, attempting to kill and loot. I discovered it in time and drove them away. Zhang Meng from the 16th floor has been killed."

As neighbors listened to Zhang Yi's account, tension rose.

"What? Just dealt with Chen Zhenghao, and now those mud-legged people from the next building are here again!"

"They are ruthless; I heard there are often fights at the construction site over there."

"How did people from Building 26 come here?"

Zhang Yi explained, "They dug a tunnel in the snow from below and came up along the first floor."

Someone immediately nervously suggested, "Quickly collapse that tunnel and lock the door!"

"It won't work. Those doors are easily broken, and even if you block them, they can crawl in through the windows on the 4th floor."

Neighbors were on edge.

If Zhang Yi hadn't driven those people away, they might have invaded their homes and killed them tonight!

"What do we do? How can we beat those laborers!"

"Half of the people in our building are dead, and most of the remaining ones are elderly, weak, women, and children."

That was true. Many who were physically strong died near Zhang Yi's home.

At this moment, someone said, "Fortunately, we have Zhang Yi!"

"Zhang Yi, you're amazing! You drove away so many people by yourself. With you around, our safety is guaranteed. Zhang Yi, you are our hero!"

After a few people reminded others, everyone realized that now Zhang Yi was the strongest combat force in their building, and he had a gun. Making him deal with the workers from the adjacent building was the best choice!

Zhang Yi found this scene quite amusing.

Before, they cursed him every day in the group, calling him selfish and shameless. Most families had someone die at Zhang Yi's hands, harboring intense hatred.

Now, they were seeking help from Zhang Yi and calling him a hero.

Did they really think Zhang Yi was a fool?

Zhang Yi smirked, "I used a lot of weapons to deal with them, and now it's difficult for me to defend myself. Everyone, take care!"

Jokes aside, why should I protect you? What does it have to do with me if you live or die?

After saying this, Zhang Yi remained silent.

People in the group became excited, pleading for Zhang Yi to protect them.

"Zhang Yi, you can't just watch us die!"

"If we all die, won't you and Miss Zhou be left alone? Won't you be lonely?"

"If we all die, sooner or later, you two will become targets. Who knows how many people will be eyeing you!"

Seeing these messages, Zhang Yi's eyes turned cold.

That statement was correct; now, many people might be watching him. After all, the video he sent to the group had probably been forwarded by neighbors.

People outside seeing it might feel jealous at most, but those from nearby buildings might seize the opportunity to come to Building 25 and take away everything he had!

But he still didn't say anything.

On the contrary, Uncle You sent a private message, expressing concern and offering help.

"I know those bastards from Building 26; I even had a drink with them before!"

"Darn it, they dare to come after you. I won't let them off."

"Zhang Yi, if you have any ideas, tell me. I'll help you deal with them."

Zhang Yi chuckled.

"Uncle You, do they have many people?"

Uncle You replied, "Yes, there were originally over thirty of them. But recently, about ten have died, leaving about twenty-something."

"I know their leader, Huang Tianfang; we were chatting a while ago. But these bastards are terrible; they caused the deaths of many people in Building 26."

"Phew, I won't associate with that bunch of idiots!"

Uncle You and the workers were both from rural areas, but their thoughts were on different levels due to Uncle You's many years in the military.