Chapter 84: I, Zhang Yi, Don't Raise Waste

Zhang Yi looked at the neighbors in front of him and nodded with satisfaction. After killing people, these neighbors could now become qualified front-line fighters and cannon fodder. It would be much easier to deal with attacks from other units in the future. And all he needed to give was a little bit of junk food and various promises on empty checks.

"Clap, clap, clap!"

Zhang Yi smiled and applauded. "Good, well done! Did you all see that? As long as we unite, what are these people afraid of?"

Zhang Yi looked towards the two most hardworking young men and beckoned them. "You two, come here!"

The two young men, covered in blood, came to Zhang Yi with joy.

Zhang Yi reached out, grabbed a handful of food from the ground, and stuffed it into one person's arms. If one handful wasn't enough, then another one!

Inflated and puffed-up bread, moldy biscuits, dehydrated vegetable leaves, and a large piece of pale zombie meat—these were all genuine goodies!

Other neighbors, seeing this scene, envied them and swallowed their saliva. How they wished those things were theirs!

Zhang Yi stuffed a large pile of things into the hands of the two, then patted their shoulders. "Work hard, as long as you keep up this momentum, I won't treat you unfairly in the future!"

The two young men were so excited that their bodies were trembling. These things were enough for them to eat for several days! Tears streamed down their faces. It had been too long since they had eaten normal food!

"Big Brother Zhang Yi, we will definitely work hard with you in the future!"

"We will follow your orders, you are like a brother to me!"

These two young men were named Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei. They shouted with excitement. At this moment, when they looked at Zhang Yi, their eyes were full of gratitude!

Other neighbors saw hope, and in their hearts, they regretted not putting in more effort just now.

This scene was exactly what Zhang Yi wanted to see.

After rewarding the two young men who worked the hardest, Zhang Yi said to the others, "Next, it's time to distribute food. Come one by one!"

Zhang Yi had observed the performance of everyone just now. Those who worked hard got a little more, and those who performed poorly got less.

However, most people only got a piece of bread or two small bags of biscuits the size of a child's palm.

Having raised dogs before, Zhang Yi understood a principle. If you let a dog eat too much every day, it would become lazy and less obedient. The best way was to keep it from starving but always in a state of hunger. Only then would the dog remain obedient.

People were the same.

Although the neighbors were a bit disappointed to see the limited amount of food in their hands, they dared not say anything. Zhang Yi took out two typical examples for them to see. If you think you have too little food, blame your lack of effort! Look at Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei, why do they have so much more food?

"Xu Hao."

Zhang Yi pointed at the rich second-generation Xu Hao. Xu Hao hurriedly walked over and stretched out his hands. "Where's my food?"

Zhang Yi looked at him with some disdain, then scraped the ground with his foot a few times, casually picked up a piece of fruit candy, and handed it to him.

"This is your food."

Laughter and mockery came from the surrounding neighbors. Even those who received little food felt balanced at this moment.

See, although I received little food, there are others who received even less!

Haha, Xu Hao is really unlucky!

Xu Hao widened his eyes, and a strong sense of humiliation enveloped his heart. Angry, he shouted, "Are you kidding me? Why do I only get a piece of candy?"

Zhang Yi sneered, "Are you even qualified to complain? When others were fighting just now, you were swaying at the back the whole time. You didn't even touch those few people. Giving you this candy is me being generous!"

Xu Hao was very cunning. When he was shouting on the top floor, his voice was loud, and he held a stick in his hand, shouting, "Kill, kill them!"

But despite the loud voice, he honestly retreated to the back when everyone was fighting. When Zhang Yi was catching fish, he truly treated everyone else as fools.

Xu Hao argued with widened eyes, "Can you blame me? There were only four of them, and everyone was tightly surrounded. I didn't even have a chance to get involved."

Zhang Yi said, "That's not my problem. I don't care about the process; all I care about is the result."

Xu Hao, in frustration, yelled, "Unfair! This is too unfair. You're clearly targeting me!"

Zhang Yi chuckled. "Fair? Have you misunderstood something? What are you? Are you even worthy of discussing fairness with me? Do you really think I'm reasoning with you?"

"I am ordering you to obey my requirements! Understand, waste?"

Zhang Yi glanced at Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei next to him. "How should we deal with someone who disobeys the leader's orders, lacks organization and discipline?"

Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei had already become Zhang Yi's loyal lackeys. With a command from Zhang Yi, the two put the food they held carefully on the ground and walked over to grab Xu Hao, then mercilessly beat him!

At first, Xu Hao wanted to argue a bit. However, with a punch slamming into his stomach, his whole body spasmed. In the midst of the apocalypse, anyone who still wanted to reason was definitely a fool. Besides teaching him a lesson with fists, there was no need for unnecessary words.

After being beaten for a long time, Zhang Yi finally let Li Chengbin and Jiang Lei stop when Xu Hao was gasping for breath. Although Xu Hao was useless, he could still be used as cannon fodder when armed.

Zhang Yi pointed at Xu Hao and said to everyone, "This is the consequence of not obeying the leader's orders!"

"Don't say I'm domineering. I'm a very fair person. If anyone here thinks I'm domineering, you can put down the food in your hands and leave. I won't cause any trouble for you!"

The neighbors looked at each other, and no one stood up.

Joking, food was their life; how could they bear to leave?

Zhang Yi nodded. "Very well, then we have reached a consensus."

He walked up to Xu Hao, who was now curled up like a shrimp due to the beating. Although Xu Hao was spasm-ridden, he still clutched something tightly in his hand.

A piece of fruit candy might even save his life.

Zhang Yi's gaze was cold, and he ruthlessly stepped on Xu Hao's hand with his snow boots!

He wore snow boots with very rough soles.

Stepping on Xu Hao's hand directly peeled off a layer of flesh and blood, and fresh blood flowed continuously.

"Ah!!!"

Xu Hao screamed in pain and involuntarily let go of his hand.

Zhang Yi kicked away the candy and, in Xu Hao's despairing gaze, said to him, "Hope you can behave better next time. I, Zhang Yi, don't raise waste!"

After this show of authority, everyone became obedient. They waited quietly for Zhang Yi to distribute food, and no one dared to voice any objections. Soon, Zhang Yi finished allocating the food, and only a few people did not receive anything.