Chapter 20: Embracing the Lying-Flat Lifestyle

Can you imagine what it feels like to be doused with cold water in temperatures below minus seventy degrees?

Zheng Yi held a large water pipe and poured it over those little troublemakers outside the door.

There was about a hundred degrees temperature difference between indoors and outdoors. So, when the water flowed out, it still emitted steam due to the high indoor temperature. However, once it touched those people outside, it quickly froze into ice.

In the freezing weather, they were all wearing down jackets and sweaters. The cold water soaked their bodies, making them feel as if they had been thrown into an ice cellar.

"Darn it! It's so cold, I'm freezing to death!"

"Ahh, stop pouring, please stop!"

In such a situation, they would rather be beaten up harshly than endure the torture of freezing. Lips turned purple, and some even went into shock due to extreme cold.

Acting on instinct, they quickly ran away from Zhang Ye's door.

However, in just a short ten seconds, they were already completely soaked.

Without even having the chance to escape via the elevator, their clothes had frozen stiff.

Zhang Ye watched them run away, then turned off the water tap.

Originally, he had planned to discipline these people with his crossbow. However, that method was too slow to load, and there was a possibility of being counterattacked through the shooting hole. Instead, this large-scale water flooding had a better effect.

After being soaked by Zhang Ye, each of those little troublemakers had lips turning purple.

They hurriedly ran back to Zheng Yi's place.

Upon seeing them returning in such a miserable state, Zheng Yi was furious.

"Where's that little punk? Did you catch him?"

The henchmen were busy finding blankets and sheets to warm themselves up.

Their clothes were all soaked, frozen stiff like icicles.

Over ten people were scrambling for clothes and blankets in the room. However, since there weren't enough to go around, a few of them reluctantly took off their clothes to huddle together for warmth.

The scene looked a bit strange.

Zheng Yi was furious. He pounded the table and scolded, "Who can explain to me what the hell happened!"

A few henchmen, shivering from the cold, explained the situation to Zheng Yi.

"That Zhang Ye is too despicable, he actually sprayed us with a water pipe. I can't stand it!"

"The door of their house is so thick. We smashed it for half a day, and it only chipped off a bit of paint."

After hearing this, Zheng Yi furrowed his brows deeply.

When he went to smash Zhang Ye's door, he also felt that the door was very solid.

It seemed difficult to forcefully attack.

But soon, he sneered.

"It doesn't matter. Even if their door is made of solid steel, there will still be loopholes."

"Moreover, I don't believe that he can stay at home forever!"

"You guys stay nearby. As soon as he leaves, immediately beat him to death for me!"

Zheng Yi said viciously.

His henchmen were all desperados. Upon hearing this, they shivered and laughed menacingly.

Although each of them was frozen stiff, they had to show that they were fierce.

However, they could never have imagined that Zhang Ye had no intention of leaving his home.

Outside was hell, but his room was paradise.

How could there be any reason to leave paradise for hell?

......

After dealing with Zheng Yi and the others, Zhang Ye continued to return to his game.

Although he knew that these guys would not give up, he didn't have the ability to break into his home.

As for going out?

Heh, Zhang Ye would never make that choice, even if there was only a one in a million chance of risk.

Staying at home was comfortable enough. Why bother?

Not long after, Zhang Ye came to the French window to check the situation outside.

Sure enough, someone was using tools to clear the snow.

He seemed to see Uncle You, the security guard. This straightforward retired soldier was always the first to charge forward whenever something happened.

Those ten or so people downstairs were all relatively easygoing youngsters from the neighborhood committee, while members of the neighborhood committee like Auntie Lin were nowhere to be seen.

Facing the several meters of thick snow, they were digging desperately.

But Zhang Ye knew that it was a futile effort.

Not to mention digging a path to the entrance of the community, even if they did, the external roads were completely covered in snow.

Only professional large snowplows could slowly clear them.

However, such professional vehicles were nonexistent in the south.

Going out had become an impossible task.

Moreover, in the extreme cold of over minus seventy degrees, they couldn't endure it for long.

People risked frostbite after staying outside for half an hour.

Zhang Ye shook his head.

These honest folks were indeed quite pitiful.

However, it was their own choice, and Zhang Ye didn't bother saying anything.

After all, everything was none of his business now. He just wanted to live a good life for himself.

The afternoon arrived.

Zhang Ye felt a bit hungry, so he took out a large meal from his spatial inventory.

It was a simple meal, a plate of Australian lobster, a Wellington steak, two Huangshan fried buns, and a bottle of cola.

Such delicacies were abundant in his space.

Now that he stayed at home every day, Zhang Ye's daily routine became more relaxed.

In short, he slept when he was sleepy and ate when he was hungry, without distinguishing between day and night.

The heavy snow outside continued unabated.

Zhang Ye, wearing only autumn clothes, lay on the sofa. The indoor temperature was a comfortable 27 degrees.

He turned on the TV and watched the programs on it.

Now, many TV stations nationwide had stopped broadcasting, leaving only some provincial channels and CCTV still on air.

Among them, they were all official propaganda work and slogans encouraging everyone.

"At this moment, our eyes turn to Shengjing. The official is coordinating and commanding us to launch the final attack on the snow disaster!"

"According to reports, the United States, due to ineffective snow disaster prevention and control, has caused two hundred million people to be affected, with tens of millions dead!"

"Our country's snow disaster is developing within a controllable range, and everything is developing positively."

"Hope everyone does not panic, trust the power of the authorities!"

Zhang Ye shook his head.

The vast and terrifying scale of this snow disaster was beyond human imagination.

Although the authorities were trying to solve the problem, human strength was too weak in the face of nature.