Chapter 118: Zhang Yi's Favor Lasts a Lifetime

Zhang Yi killed more than a dozen people in one go.

Have you ever played that game where you smash tadpoles? In spring, there are many tadpoles in the stream, swimming in groups. When you throw a stone in, the group of tadpoles scatters in an interesting way. Killing people for Zhang Yi felt somewhat similar to smashing tadpoles.

When he saw a crowd, he aimed at the conspicuous ones, and the others were frightened, fleeing in panic. The residents who were still alive witnessed the death of those next to them, their bodies covered in the blood and brain matter of others. This intimidation was undoubtedly enormous, leaving them without the courage to resist in the short term.

Seeing that they were terrified, Zhang Yi slowly put away his sniper rifle. He then turned around, facing the dumbfounded five.

He simply said, "Have you considered it thoroughly?"

Even Wang Qiang and Huang Tianfang, who were usually fierce and evil, felt their legs trembling at this moment. This was the awe that humans had for firearms.

Wang Qiang struggled to swallow a mouthful of saliva and raised his hand, saying, "I agree to the two conditions you proposed."

Huang Tianfang also said, "I have no objections!"

Following them were Zhang Yunian and Chen Lingyu, who said nothing. They probably didn't know how to speak at the moment, so they could only raise their hands to indicate agreement.

Seeing the other four compromise, Li Jian reluctantly raised his right hand. "I also agree."

Zhang Yi's lips curled slightly.

"Alright, starting from today, we'll begin labor. Tomorrow afternoon, I will notify you to come and collect supplies."

"Also, you must work hard! I'll be watching you, so don't try any tricks."

They all nodded in agreement.

Zhang Yi waved his hand at them.

"You can go now!"

Li Jian, dejected, was the first to leave the negotiation room, followed by Zhang Yunian.

Chen Lingyu walked with an odd posture, tightly clamping her legs together as if afraid something would leak out.

Wang Qiang and Huang Tianfang, however, lingered, not in a hurry to leave.

"Zhang... Zhang Yi, can you give me some of those cigarettes? After all, we are now comrades!" Wang Qiang pointed at the cigarettes in Zhang Yi's hand, his eyes filled with desire.

Huang Tianfang, anxious not to let Wang Qiang monopolize, turned to Zhang Yi with a pleasing smile. "Zhang Yi, I haven't had a smoke in a long time. Can you give me one too?"

Zhang Yi glanced at them, picked up the half-pack of cigarettes, and threw it on the ground. "Help yourselves!"

Like vicious dogs fighting for food, the two pounced on the ground.

Two grown men, for half a pack of cigarettes, shamelessly wrestled on the ground.

"Wang Qiang, you little rascal, dare to snatch with your big brother!"

"Huang old man, don't court death. Hurry up and let go! Give it to me!"

In the end, the cigarette box was torn apart by the two, and each grabbed a few. They glared at each other angrily before leaving the negotiation building.

The crisis in Building 25 was temporarily averted.

Zhang Yi put away the sniper rifle, sat in a chair, and his expression became incredibly calm.

Because the outcome today was not the most ideal.

He had originally hoped to wipe out all the building leaders of the other 29 buildings in one go!

However, that was an ideal state.

The current situation was not bad either. On the surface, he reached a cooperation with them, and then let them self-destruct through infighting, seizing the right opportunity to strike.

Zhang Yi wasn't in a hurry.

With sufficient supplies and a superior living environment, he always stood on the commanding heights of time.

After the five building leaders left, the people of Building 25 breathed a sigh of relief and quickly came to inquire about the meeting's results.

Zhang Yi told them, "Under my military deterrence, they compromised. In the future, we need to provide food for 300 people to achieve peace."

"Also, everyone must participate in labor. We will develop land, engage in agricultural planting, and adhere to sustainable development."

A group of neighbors listened with astonishment.

"Food for 300 people? Can we really do that?"

"And if we give all the food to them, what about us?"

Everyone couldn't understand why Zhang Yi proposed such conditions. After all, Zhang Yi never consulted them when making decisions.

Zhang Yi explained calmly, "If we don't reach this agreement, what will you do? Really fight with over a thousand people in the entire community?"

He sneered and continued, "I don't care. Even if their numbers increase, I'm not afraid. But can you handle it?"

The neighbors looked at each other and remained silent.

Almost 99% of Building 25's combat power was in Zhang Yi alone.

Zhang Yi had formidable firepower and an almost impregnable fortress. Even if they left, regardless of what they said, he could still live well.

But what about them? Wouldn't they be killed by the enraged homeowners and turned into kebabs?

Zhang Yi said indifferently, "You don't have to worry too much. I will try my best to find food for you. Anyway, I won't let you starve to death."

The neighbors lifted their heads, their eyes filled with moved disbelief, with tears sparkling.

"Zhang Yi, you..."

A woman choked up, "You're really... I'm crying."

"Zhang Yi, are you planning to shoulder the entire pressure of Building 25 on your own? I'm truly grateful!"

"Zhang Yi, we didn't misunderstand you. You're a leader worthy of our respect!"

The neighbors were tearful, deeply moved.

The pressure of searching for food was all on Zhang Yi alone!

Zhang Yi sighed lightly, and his tone softened.

His gaze swept slowly over the crowd, his expression solemn and profound.

"Stop crying, everyone. I know you had some opinions about me in the past, thinking I'm a bad person."

"But no matter how you see me, I sincerely hope that everyone can live well! Not just me, Zhang Yi, but every single one of you!"

Jiang Lei wiped away tears and said loudly, "Big Brother Zhang! You can rest assured, we will remember your favor! We won't let you down!"

Other neighbors nodded and whispered.

"Actually, thinking about it carefully, although Zhang Yi killed seventy or eighty people, he only targeted those who deserved to die. He didn't actively attack those people!"

"Zhang Yi is just defending himself. He's actually pretty good to us. Maybe we misunderstood him in the past! He's a good person!"

"Anyway, from now on, I will fully support Zhang Yi and uphold all his decisions!"

"Zhang Yi's favor will last a lifetime!"

......