Chapter 64: When Laoliu Feels Good

Zhang Yi could accept Zhou Kuer, but she had to submit a letter of commitment.

Zhang Yi's requirements were simple: effective, non-threatening, and most importantly, not a saint!

The first two points Zhang Yi was confident about. However, he wanted to know if Zhou Kuer could be ruthless when necessary. So, he assigned her a task.

Zhou Kuer had not replied to Zhang Yi yet, indicating her inner struggle. Zhang Yi was not in a hurry; time was on his side.

If Zhou Kuer couldn't pass this test, Zhang Yi would decisively give up on her. After all, Zhang Yi's health was relatively good, and the probability of sudden illness was low. He wouldn't go out easily, minimizing the risk of getting hurt. But Zhou Kuer's lifespan was uncertain.

The next day, Zhang Yi slept until ten in the morning. He got up, washed up after lifting the velvet blanket, and changed into sportswear to start exercising on the treadmill.

In the apocalypse, having good physical fitness was crucial. A strong body would better cope with danger and reduce the risk of illness.

Zhang Yi sweated profusely on the treadmill, running for an hour before stopping. Then, he took a hot shower.

During the shower, Zhang Yi felt a sense of pride. Such luxuries were unimaginable for many in the current world.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

Suddenly, a loud noise echoed from outside. Zhang Yi's eyes narrowed, and he quickly wrapped himself in a towel and went out.

He soon heard a series of curses, coming from Zhou Peng outside. Zhang Yi opened the surveillance and saw Zhou Peng wielding two kitchen knives, crazily hacking at his door.

"Zhang Yi, get out! You always hide in your house. You're just a useless waste!"

Zhang Yi smirked, "Ah, yes, everything you said is correct."

"And then?" he continued, amused. It was hilarious that someone on the verge of death still attempted to provoke Zhang Yi.

Zhang Yi noticed that when Zhou Peng smashed the door, he used his left hand to exert force, and raising his right hand was difficult. Zhang Yi knew Zhou Peng's arm was infected.

Upon closer inspection, Zhang Yi could see his arm was swollen. He approached the door, hands in pockets, and said, "Zhou Peng, the taste of infection isn't pleasant, right?"

"When I was in biology class, the teacher talked about wound infections. Tetanus bacilli on rust, entering your wound, is like maggots finding a corpse, madly reproducing."

"Your arm wound is at least ten centimeters deep. The outside temperature is cold, but your flesh is warm. Bacteria are multiplying frantically, consuming your flesh."

"Then the wound starts to fester, oozing black fluid. Bacteria increase, and your wound gets larger. Finally, it runs through your blood vessels, spreading throughout your body!"

Zhang Yi vividly described it, and after hearing it, Zhou Peng felt his arm hurting even more. Cold sweat streamed down, and it seemed like bacteria were eating him alive.

"Ah! Zhang Yi, I'll kill you!"

Zhou Peng had gone mad. His arm was already rotten, and he knew he was doomed. So, he wanted to try one last time, but his efforts were futile.

In the adjacent room, Chen Zhenghao's men heard Zhou Peng's mad shouts and asked, "Should we kill him?"

Chen Zhenghao thought for a moment and said, "Haven't you heard he's infected and near death? Would you eat pork that died of disease?"

After exchanging glances, they decided not to take the risk.

After banging on the door and cursing for a while, Zhou Peng got tired. He collapsed in front of Zhang Yi's door and began crying, begging for mercy.

Zhang Yi calmly said, "You're done for, the wound is rotten, late stage, beyond help. Instead of dying, why not do things you didn't dare to do while alive?"

Zhou Peng's eyes were full of tears. After hearing Zhang Yi's words, he fell into deeper despair.

Am I going to die?

Fear enveloped him like an abyss. But following that, anger surged, unbridled anger!

I'm about to die, what else is there to fear?

Struggling, he got up and kicked Zhang Yi's iron door harshly. He intended to curse, but the door was too hard, and the pain almost made him faint.

Ignoring the pain, Zhou Peng staggered back along the stairs.

Back in his dwelling, his eyes were vacant. He vaguely saw Sun Zhichao roasting a knife with a candle, then using it to cauterize his wounds.

"Sizzle~"

The sound of burning oil accompanied the rising smoke. Sun Zhichao's pupils bulged, and despite biting the blanket, he still emitted painful cries.

He seemed to believe that doing this could kill all the bacteria.

Ignorant and pitiful.

"Cousin..."

Wang Min watched Zhou Peng with pity, not knowing how to comfort him. She knew Zhou Peng wouldn't last long, and the stench of decay emanated from the room every day.

He hadn't died yet, but his body was already decaying. The depth of this suffering was unimaginable for ordinary people.

Ignoring Wang Min, Zhou Peng rushed into the room where Fang Yuqing was imprisoned.

Seeing Zhou Peng, Fang Yuqing screamed, "Zhou...Zhou Peng? What are you doing?"

Zhou Peng approached Fang Yuqing, his bloodshot eyes fixed on her.

"Yuqing, would you marry me?"

This pitiful follower, even on the brink of death, still wished to marry Fang Yuqing.

In the apocalypse, such a request was ridiculous yet humble.

Fang Yuqing frowned, showing disdain deep in her eyes.

Instinctively pinching her nose, she said, "No, I won't!"

Zhou Peng's heart shattered. He had given so much for Fang Yuqing, even willing to sacrifice his life. However, Fang Yuqing had never shown the slightest interest in him.

"No!! You love me! You love me! Before I die, I want you to be my woman!"

Zhou Peng roared, then began tearing at Fang Yuqing's clothes.

Outside the room, people heard the commotion but chose to ignore it. In their eyes, Fang Yuqing was the culprit who led them to their current predicament, and she deserved to die!

Fang Yuqing struggled, but how could she match the crazed strength of Zhou Peng?

He tore off her down jacket and eagerly took off his own clothes.

"No, get away, you're so disgusting, it's nauseating!"

Fang Yuqing cursed, "You dare to call me disgusting?"

Frustrated, Zhou Peng suddenly tore off the gauze on his arm. The wound was swollen, black and purple, and oozing pus.

In a gruesome move, he used his hand to grab the rotten wound and shoved the decaying flesh into Fang Yuqing's mouth.

"Let you call me disgusting, let you call me disgusting!"

Despite feeling nauseous, Fang Yuqing had rotten flesh forcibly shoved into her mouth by Zhou Peng.

Zhou Peng grinned, enjoying the unprecedented pleasure of humiliating his goddess.