Chapter 87: Revenge of the Heavenly Union

After enjoying the sniper rifle, Zhang Yi indulged in observing the entire neighborhood through the scope. As it was nighttime, most households had no electricity, plunging the apartment building into darkness. Yet, with the reflection of the snow-covered ground, the surroundings were still visible.

Suddenly, Zhang Yi's gaze focused. When he looked towards the nearby garage, two black figures appeared in his line of sight, moving.

"Garage, people. Looks like they are heading for my snowmobile!" Zhang Yi smirked with a mocking expression.

During the day, he had pretended to place the snowmobile in the garage, and now, someone was attempting to sneak over. Unfortunately for them, it was a futile effort.

After a while, Uncle You came over, spotting an entire box of unopened instant noodles at the door, and his eyes moistened with excitement. "I didn't expect them to be Baixiang. Zhang Yi, you're too kind!"

With some moderation, this box of instant noodles could feed the three of them for a week. Zhang Yi's family had limited supplies; even in the warehouse, there were only over twenty thousand boxes. Up to this point, he hadn't consumed a single pack himself, considering the various gourmet meals prepared by hotel chefs in his home. Uncle You picked up the instant noodles, knocked on the door, and said, "Zhang Yi, I'm taking these instant noodles. Thank you!"

Putting down the sniper rifle, Zhang Yi went to the door and said, "Uncle You, why be so polite with me?"

Other people's lives might not matter, but Uncle You must be taken care of. Besides being a loyal henchman, he could serve as a human shield. It wasn't about Zhang Yi being ruthless; he wouldn't let Uncle You sacrifice himself unless absolutely necessary.

Well, unless absolutely necessary.

Scratching his head, Uncle You chuckled. "What Sister Sherry said to you during the day, don't take it to heart. She has a sharp tongue."

Zhang Yi lowered his eyelids, smiling faintly. "Well, can I argue with a woman? I'm not that petty, am I?"

"Just a reminder, Uncle You, do you really want to raise someone else's child?" Zhang Yi's tone carried a hint of probing. He didn't like Sherry, but he didn't want to strain his relationship with Uncle You.

Uncle You laughed, "Hey, this time and age, what else can you say? I'm lucky to find such a woman."

Nodding, Zhang Yi agreed, "You're right. Sister Sherry is a good woman, good-looking, and can have children."

"I don't mean anything else. I just think, Uncle You, you undervalue yourself too much."

"In this day and age, a strong and capable man like you, especially skilled in fighting, is in high demand!"

"Joking aside, even finding a female celebrity wouldn't be too much!"

Pleased with the praise, Uncle You said, "Am I really that good?"

Zhang Yi remarked, "You haven't seen the current situation. Those pretty boys who can sing, dance, and rap are useless. They can't even sustain themselves."

"Men like us can provide women with a sense of security."

With a change in tone, Zhang Yi continued, "But, speaking of which, Sister Sherry is genuinely nice. You two work hard, and maybe she'll give birth to a child for you in the future!"

"After all, a man should have his own child. Raising someone else's child is a bit... hehe."

Uncle You felt a bit uncomfortable. Zhang Yi's words stirred some thoughts in him. He liked Sherry, a full-figured woman with good skills, satisfying his old bachelor life. But the child, not even a year old, was a burden in these times. To care for her, Uncle You was often awakened in the middle of the night, and rest was a luxury he couldn't afford. If it were his own child, it might be tolerable, but it was someone else's.

People are selfish.

Uncle You had some dissatisfaction in his heart, but he endured it, not delving deeper into his thoughts. Besides, Sherry often brainwashed him, saying things like, treat this child as your own daughter; she will be filial to you when she grows up.

Over time, Uncle You obediently took care of someone else's child.

Zhang Yi's words served as a reminder, making him think differently.

"Haha, thinking about having children and such, it's not something I dare to consider now. Let's talk about it when things settle down!" Uncle You forced a smile, suppressing the odd feeling inside.

"Right, right, that's what I meant. Haha, I'm just kidding. Uncle You, don't take it to heart!" Zhang Yi said sincerely, "I highly respect you and Sister Sherry. I sincerely hope you two can be happy."

Uncle You nodded, "I'll go back now. Contact me anytime if you need anything!"

After Uncle You left, Zhang Yi loaded the sniper rifle magazine with bullets and put it back into the spatial storage. These rifles and sniper rifles would become his secret weapons.

After a while, the sound of water in the bathroom stopped. Wrapped in a towel, Zhou Ke'er walked out, revealing her milky-white skin beneath the pink towel. Her well-toned legs, elegantly sculpted, radiated a tempting glow under the scattered light.

Lying on the sofa, Zhang Yi lazily said, "I'm a bit tired today; you take the lead."

Looking at Zhang Yi on the sofa, Zhou Ke'er's expression hesitated slightly. He had been out all day, certainly sweating, and hadn't even taken a shower.

However, she didn't raise any objections. Instead, she obediently came to him, kneeling on the floor.

...

That night.

The Heavenly Union, having lost four members, launched another attack on Building 25. Their consecutive successes had made them arrogant, overlooking everyone in Building 25 except Zhang Yi. However, this time, they unexpectedly encountered resistance.

Led by Huang Wei, the nephew of Huang Tianfang, they initiated a sneak attack around 2 a.m., entering Building 25 with eight men. However, upon reaching the stairs, they were bombarded with bricks thrown from above.

"Dang, dang, dang!!!" Those on duty noticed the intruders and immediately fought back with whatever they had in their hands.

They held knives, sticks, and various makeshift weapons, blocking the Heavenly Union's advance while throwing stones, bricks, and anything heavy within reach, effectively delaying their progress.

Simultaneously, they banged on the stairs and windows, creating noise that attracted the neighbors.

Soon, all the neighbors in the entire building were awakened.

Huang Wei and his group, eager for revenge and suffering from a shortage of resources, opted for a forced attack. However, their numbers were too few, and despite their formidable combat capabilities, they couldn't contend with so many people. Moreover, due to Zhang Yi's bounty, each life was equivalent to five people's rations!

Neighbors were like chickens injected with adrenaline, competing to claim their heads!

The fight lasted only a few minutes, but everyone fought ruthlessly. Three bodies were left at the scene.

Realizing the situation wasn't in their favor, Huang Wei and his group hurriedly shouted, "Retreat, retreat, retreat!"

As they fled, the neighbors cheered, but they didn't pursue too deeply. It was the middle of the night, and they weren't sure what was happening outside.

At this moment, Zhang Yi was also awakened. Standing on the balcony, he watched the fleeing Heavenly Union members below and suddenly had an idea.

"At this distance, can I shoot them dead with a sniper rifle?"