Chapter 200: Filial Son and Virtuous Grandson Wang Pangzi

At two o'clock in the afternoon, Zhang Yi put on his equipment and waited by the window for Xu Chunlei to come for negotiations. From this distance, as soon as he appeared on the river, he would be spotted. Moreover, Zhang Yi's sniper rifle could cover the entire midsection of the river, with a range of 1500 meters in all directions. Once Xu Chunlei entered this range, his fate would no longer be in his own hands.
Zhang Yi took off his Rolex from his wrist and placed it on the table to check the time. If Xu Chunlei could come this time, it would undoubtedly be the best outcome, giving him complete control over the situation. Even if the negotiations failed, he could instantly kill Xu Chunlei!However, if negotiations failed—Zhang Yi shrugged, in reality, he wouldn't charge into Xu Dong Village for a massacre. At most, he would frequently patrol the riverbank with his sniper rifle, killing anyone from Xu Dong Village seen fishing by the river.Fish in the river was a vital food source, and they couldn't afford to abandon it. After waiting for a while, Zhang Yi saw a figure slowly emerging from the chaotic snowdrifts and trees on the opposite side of the river.Zhang Yi raised his sniper rifle and looked through the scope. He clearly saw a bloated figure wearing a black down jacket, with legs resembling two cubes, and a funny fur-lined hat on his head."That's him!" Zhang Yi recognized the silhouette. Even though he had seen it through tactical optics last night, the ice and snow ability user indeed had this physique. The crosshair of the sniper rifle was already locked onto the fatty's head. As soon as he entered Zhang Yi's shooting range, Zhang Yi could take his life instantly.At that moment, Xu Chunlei attempted to walk onto the ice. After placing one foot on it, he slipped and fell on his buttocks. "Puff!"Zhang Yi couldn't help but burst into laughter. This was the so-called ice and snow ability user he had been cautious about? The infinitely potential master?"Cough, wait a minute, don't judge a book by its cover!" Zhang Yi restrained his laughter and continued to observe. However, the next scene made it impossible for him to hold back.After falling, Xu Chunlei hastily got up but, due to nervousness, he didn't stand firmly and fell flat on his face again!Zhang Yi covered his mouth, struggling not to burst into laughter. Unexpectedly, Xu Chunlei was a pure clown!Nervously, Xu Chunlei glanced around, afraid of being caught in such an embarrassing situation. After confirming that no one saw him, he breathed a sigh of relief and cautiously got up. Since they didn't have a dog at home, he had to walk along the icy surface.Zhang Yi restrained his laughter. Although the opponent was indeed a clown, he was also a powerful ability user. Zhang Yi wouldn't underestimate any opponent.Zhang Yi continued to observe the surroundings from the second floor, avoiding the possibility of an ambush. However, even after more than ten minutes, when Xu Chunlei struggled to climb to the other side, Zhang Yi didn't see any other shadows. He felt a bit more at ease."It seems these guys are really scared of me!" No wonder, considering the number of people he had killed, the villagers of Xu Dong Village were just ordinary people. They had the courage to commit crimes and bully the weak, but when facing a powerful ruthless person, they cowered.Zhang Yi put away his sniper rifle, ready to meet this interesting ability user.Xu Chunlei crawled up to the road along the embankment. The thick snow had been compressed, forming a solid block of ice. Scattered snowflakes falling from the sky provided some friction, preventing him from slipping again as he walked. Xu Chunlei, panting heavily, supported himself on his knees, taking deep breaths by the roadside.After a big breath, his lungs felt nearly frozen, and his windpipe seemed as if it had been scraped by small knives. Resting for a while, he took out his iPhone 42 from his pocket and called Zhang Yi."Hey, I've reached the riverside. How do I get to you? There are traps everywhere near your house. I'm afraid to come over!""No worries, I'm here too."A cold voice sounded in front of him. Xu Chunlei looked up and met Zhang Yi's icy, scrutinizing black eyes. One armed to the teeth, the other dressed casually; one towering above, the other panting and disheveled. Zhang Yi felt this scene was somewhat ridiculous. This wasn't how he had imagined the meeting with an ability user should be.However, upon seeing Zhang Yi, Xu Chunlei's legs went weak, and he felt an infinite sense of awe and admiration for him."You... are Zhang Yi?" Zhang Yi nodded, "And you are Xu Chunlei?""Yes, that's me!"Xu Chunlei straightened up, mustering the courage to speak to Zhang Yi, "I came to negotiate with you! Let's stop fighting. It's not beneficial to anyone. This battle is utterly meaningless!"A cold smirk appeared on Zhang Yi's lips. "Whether it's meaningful or not, it's not for you to decide. As the aggressor, do you have the audacity to say that?"Xu Chunlei awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "I understand. It was our fault in Xu Dong Village first. So, what do you want for reconciliation?"Xu Chunlei's performance left Zhang Yi somewhat puzzled. He had prepared for everything, including potential ambushes or sudden attacks. At worst, he expected a heated argument. However, the appearance of this chubby guy, looking clumsy and unsocial, gave Zhang Yi a feeling of punching into cotton.But Zhang Yi wouldn't reveal such a mindset. He crossed his arms, raised an eyebrow, and coldly asked, "I want to know, what are you willing to sacrifice to seek my forgiveness?"Xu Chunlei blinked and immediately replied, "Other than the lives of the villagers, anything else you ask for, we will do our best to fulfill!"The situation between these two was a bit strange. Zhang Yi lacked nothing, while Xu Dong Village couldn't offer anything. But Zhang Yi always needed to assert his dominance. He coldly asked, "Who ordered you to attack me? That person must die for there to be any negotiation!"Unexpectedly, as soon as he said this, Xu Chunlei became excited. "That's simple! It was Third Grandpa's idea. He was scared to death by you as soon as he went back! Now that he's gone, you should be relieved, right?"A sincere smile spread across Xu Chunlei's face, making Zhang Yi's eyelids twitch."It seems you're quite happy about it!"You're truly a devoted grandson!Xu Chunlei scratched his chubby face. "What's done is done. Those who survive must look forward, right? Besides, it was our fault first. So, you can't blame us."

( This novel is entirely free. If you enjoy it, feel free to tip via PayPal: wjw6710@gmail.com . Any amount is appreciated. Your support is my greatest motivation to continue. Thank you! )

( The second season has been released, welcome to read:https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/367883742-ice-apocalypse-season-2 )