Chapter 63: Infection

Zhang Yi's flaunting of wealth made all the owners in the entire building bleed inside!
Now, the sewage in Zhang Yi's house is considered a delicacy for them.But even so, Zhang Yi doesn't give it to them!In the homes of Sun Zhichao and others:Due to the failure of the last attack on Zhang Yi's house, their desire to obtain antibiotics was in vain. Just two days later, the aftermath began to show. The three injured people felt extremely itchy at their wounds. Around the bandages, blood stains began to appear strangely, showing abnormal yellow color.Sun Zhichao couldn't help but tear open the gauze to see what was going on. As a result, he saw that the wounds had begun to fester! A nauseating stench, reminiscent of the rotten smell of a decaying animal, rushed out, making people want to vomit."No, no, no! I don't want to die yet!"Sun Zhichao was scared and started crying, with tears and snot streaming down his face.In the room, Fang Yuqing shivered.Holding her phone, she messaged Zhang Yi."Brother Zhang Yi, they've gone crazy, and Qing'er is so scared! Can you come and save Qing'er?""After Qing'er goes over, she will definitely behave. Whatever you ask Qing'er to do, Qing'er will do."After a while, Zhang Yi's reply came."Qing'er, brother is also heartbroken to see you like this! But I can't go out; Chen Zhenghao is next door.""Otherwise, you come over! Be careful on the way, don't let them catch you.""Yesterday, my neighbor next door was killed by them. You're delicate, you might be targeted by them."On the other end, Zhang Yi's face was full of mockery.Facing Fang Yuqing, he only had one thought in his mind—to torture her by all means and make her die in pain and despair.Indeed, hearing that Chen Zhenghao was next door, Fang Yuqing was conflicted.Chen Zhenghao had killed too many people; she didn't have the courage to take the risk."Brother Zhang Yi, Qing'er is scared! Can you come and pick me up? Don't you have weapons?"Zhang Yi cursed inwardly.What a nuisance, giving you face, and you want me to pick you up?"I would like to do that, but I was scared by them a few days ago and feel a bit unwell.""Let's talk about it later; I'm a bit tired. Goodbye!"Listening to the screams outside the door, Fang Yuqing's face turned pale. However, when she tried to message Zhang Yi again, he ignored her.In the next few days, Zhang Yi's life remained affluent and leisurely.There was no need to go to work now. He slept and woke up whenever he wanted, without the need to hustle for a living or care about anyone's opinion.If anyone dared to make him unhappy, he would just curse back directly, making life enjoyable.Next door, Chen Zhenghao pondered every day on how to kill Zhang Yi and seize his house.However, for several days, Zhang Yi didn't show up.As long as Zhang Yi didn't come out, he had no chance to deal with him.On the contrary, he, because of the bounty placed on him by Zhang Yi, lived in constant fear.He didn't even dare to trust his own henchmen, holding a gun while sleeping.Soon, his nerves began to weaken.After much contemplation, Chen Zhenghao finally figured out what to do next.Zhang Yi monitored the entire building through surveillance, seeing anyone in the corridor.These days, he noticed that Chen Zhenghao seemed to be planning something.Gradually, people began to enter Chen Zhenghao's house.These people were young and strong, and all lived alone.Some came voluntarily, while others were forced by Chen Zhenghao at gunpoint.Slowly, Chen Zhenghao's team expanded to ten people, more than before.Zhang Yi understood."He's afraid, so he's trying to recruit people to avoid being killed and come claim the bounty."But in Zhang Yi's eyes, this was just a desperate move.Zhang Yi had killed more than forty people in the building, and now there were about seventy people left. According to his predictions, most families' supplies had run out, and the next source of food would be people.Chen Zhenghao recruited a group of henchmen, preparing to start slaughtering others soon. However, this also meant that he had to provide food for ten people.Even with self-cannibalism, it couldn't be sustained for long. Everyone was on edge, and Chen Zhenghao, a cripple, barely maintained his power with a gun. But that gun probably had very few bullets left.Zhang Yi messaged Zhou Keren, asking about the situation with Chen Zhenghao.After a long time, Zhou Keren replied to Zhang Yi's message."Chen Zhenghao and his group have gone mad. All the food is gone, and they've started eating people! I haven't eaten anything in two days; I feel like I'm going to starve to death."Zhang Yi wasn't surprised by this.If one day he was about to starve to death and could only survive by eating people, he might choose death instead.Of course, now that Zhang Yi was eating well and drinking well every day, such thoughts didn't cross his mind.If the day ever came when he faced a shortage of food, he didn't know what he would do.Zhou Keren continued, "They go out every day to find people. As long as they find a house with people, they break in and kill them.""Everyone is out of supplies; it's ironic. The dozens of people you killed back then actually allowed many people to live a few more days.""But they have also encountered resistance, and those who are still alive have formed a group. There have been casualties on both sides."After a long time, Zhou Keren sent another message."Zhang Yi, can you still save me?"Seeing this message, Zhang Yi felt the humility of this aloof female doctor.It seemed she didn't have much hope for Zhang Yi.After all, in such times, everyone was living on the edge, and who had the ability to take care of others' lives and deaths?After thinking for a long time, Zhang Yi finally made a decision.Zhou Keren, this woman was still useful to him; he couldn't let her die like this.It wasn't easy to find a top-notch surgeon in a third-tier hospital, especially one he knew so well."Do me a favor. After it's done, I can let you live."