Chapter 37: Siege

Driven by their hatred towards Zhang Yiru and their desire for his home, the two plastic sisters formed a temporary alliance once again. However, they needed a plan on how to seize Zhang Yiru's house.

"If we try to rob the house, the two of us may not be a match for Zhang Yiru. We need the help of others," Lin Cainong suggested.

Even under normal circumstances, the two of them combined couldn't beat Zhang Yiru. Now, hungry and cold, while Zhang Yiru remained well-fed and spirited, they needed external support.

Biting her lip, Lin Cainong continued, "How about calling some neighbors to join us?"

Fang Yuqing gave her a cold glare. "Are you stupid? Even if Zhang Yiru's house is well-stocked, it won't be enough for so many people! The fewer people who know about this, the better."

Anxious, Lin Cainong asked, "Then what should we do?"

Fang Yuqing smirked, "We can call Zhou Peng to help us!"

Zhou Peng was her loyal lapdog, completely obedient to Fang Yuqing. Although Zhang Yiru had also tried to please Fang Yuqing, he had some brains and wasn't easily manipulated. On the other hand, Zhou Peng was a mindless follower; he might even sacrifice himself for Fang Yuqing.

Lin Cainong applauded the idea, "That's a great plan! Lapdogs are indeed useful."

Fang Yuqing immediately dialed Zhou Peng's number. At that moment, Zhou Peng was already skin and bones from hunger. As a warehouse employee, he initially had plenty of food at home, but most of it went to Fang Yuqing.

Unaware that Fang Yuqing was merely toying with him, he felt a sense of self-importance, thinking that his sacrifices would surely win Fang Yuqing over.

Excited to receive Fang Yuqing's call, he forgot about hunger and cold, rushing over enthusiastically.

Upon arriving at Fang Yuqing's place, he was met with her complaining about Zhang Yiru's indecent behavior.

"Boohoo, Zhang Yiru is just a beast! I asked him for some food, and he asked me to sleep with him."

"Zhou Peng, you know I'm not that kind of woman!"

Seeing Fang Yuqing's pitiful appearance and thinking that she turned to him when in trouble, Zhou Peng felt a surge of joy. Why did she come to him instead of someone else? Clearly, he held a special place in her heart. This must be love!

With determination, Zhou Peng declared, "Zhang Yiru is truly despicable! To dare do such things to you, I must take care of him!"

Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong exchanged glances, thinking: This lapdog is so easy to deceive. They had prepared many persuasive arguments, but Zhou Peng eagerly volunteered to deal with Zhang Yiru.

Fang Yuqing grabbed Zhou Peng's arm, using a charming gaze. "Zhang Yiru's house has a lot of food, and it even has a fireplace, making it warm. Such a scumbag doesn't deserve to live in such a house. Zhou Peng, let's find a way to take his house. We can live together afterward, okay?"

Zhou Peng, who already disliked Zhang Yiru for being better looking and wealthier, now felt the almost imperceptible touch through layers of clothing. He experienced a sense of triumph and believed this was his time to showcase his masculinity. Perhaps, he could even win Fang Yuqing's heart in one go.

He patted his chest, "Haha, sure! Fang Yuqing, don't worry, I'll take care of this!"

Fang Yuqing, seeing Zhou Peng's agreement, continued, "But you have to be careful. Zhang Yiru is selfish and shameless. If we go to rob his house, he might fight back. We need weapons, and it's better to strike first!"

Lin Cainong added, "In my opinion, we should just kill him! He deserves it!"

She held the deepest grudge against Zhang Yiru. She had sent him intimate photos, hoping to capture his heart, but he had not only been unresponsive but also criticized her as too dark. If this got out, she would be humiliated beyond repair. Therefore, Zhang Yiru had to die.

Zhou Peng hesitated upon hearing the suggestion of murder. Although killing someone sounded easy in theory, everyone had lived in a civilized society for over twenty years. Initiating such an act wasn't simple.

Fang Yuqing noticed Zhou Peng's hesitation and immediately put on a displeased expression. "What's wrong? You disagree?"

"Zhang Yiru has treated me so badly, and you're still soft on him. It seems your past declarations of love for me were all lies, hm?"

Zhou Peng, eager to please, hastily said, "No, no, no, Yuqing, don't be angry. I'll do as you say!"

As long as he could get Fang Yuqing, he was willing to commit murder. After all, in this post-apocalyptic world, moral concepts were gradually deteriorating.

Fang Yuqing said, "Alright, time is of the essence. Let's go now! When we get there, we'll figure out how to deceive Zhang Yiru into opening the door, and once he does..."

She made a throat-slitting gesture. Lin Cainong brought the prepared tools, two kitchen knives, and a steel pipe from a dismantled clothes rack.

Zhou Peng took one of the knives, hiding it in his thick down jacket. With preparations complete, the trio set off with a strong intent to attack.

Arriving at Zhang Yiru's door, Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong hid with their weapons, ensuring Zhang Yiru couldn't see them through the peephole.

Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong signaled Zhou Peng to knock on the door and trick Zhang Yiru into coming out.

Zhou Peng nodded, gaining confidence by patting the knife hidden in his clothes.

He knocked on the door, calling out, "Zhang Yiru, are you home? It's Zhou Peng!"

Hearing the voice outside, Zhang Yiru felt curious. "Zhou Peng?"

Although they both worked in the warehouse, their relationship was far from amicable. There were conflicts between them, mainly due to their mutual pursuit of Fang Yuqing. With the state of the world being what it was, there couldn't be any good news.

Rather than opening the door, Zhang Yiru turned on the TV and checked the surveillance. As expected, he saw the scene outside his door.

Seeing two women holding knives and a steel pipe, their faces filled with murderous intent, a chill ran down Zhang Yiru's spine. Despite his full preparation, the ruthlessness of these two women still shocked him.

"Want to kill me? You're not even worthy!"

Zhang Yiru sneered, and a cold, murderous aura emanated from his dark eyes. The tables were turned, and it wasn't certain who would end up killing whom.