Chapter 135: The Second Mutant

Zhang Yi said to Zhou Kuer, "Kuer, thank you for your hard work!" Zhou Kuer smiled and shook her head, "I'm happy to help you with anything!"

While the two were chatting, Xie Limei suddenly walked over holding a child. With a pitiful expression on her face, she said to Zhang Yi, "Zhang Yi, we've been hungry for a day. Can you get something for me and the baby to eat?" Zhang Yi looked down at this woman with a mocking look in his eyes. If it weren't for Uncle You's sake, he would have thrown this troublesome woman into the snow long ago. But now that she had successfully earned Zhang Yi's disgust, she was as good as dead to him.

Zhang Yi didn't waste words. With a wave of his right hand, a box of instant noodles appeared in front of Xie Limei. "You can take these to eat! After all, you're Uncle You's family, and I won't let you go hungry!"

Xie Limei stared in astonishment. "What... What kind of magic trick is this?"

Zhang Yi didn't bother to answer her. But he also didn't care if Xie Limei knew about his abilities. After all, how could the dead reveal secrets?

Zhang Yi hugged Zhou Kuer and intended to take her back to rest. After all, she was exhausted from several hours of surgery.

At this moment, Xie Limei followed up and said, "Besides instant noodles, is there anything else to eat?" "I just saw eggs in the kitchen, and there are chicken bones in the trash can."

Although Xie Limei looked delicate, her eyes were fixed on Zhang Yi. Annoyed, Zhang Yi dropped a sentence, "Only instant noodles. Eat if you want."

Sensing Zhang Yi's anger, Xie Limei took two steps back, whispering, "Oh, well, if you don't want to, it's okay. Instant noodles are fine."

Zhang Yi took Zhou Kuer back to her room. Zhou Kuer smiled and asked, "It's done now, and there's another trouble at home."

Zhang Yi calmly said, "It won't be a trouble."

Seeing Zhou Kuer's tired legs, Zhang Yi placed her on the bed and helped her take off her shoes.

Zhou Kuer blushed a bit, her black-covered toes curling up, looking cute. "I've been standing all day, my feet might have an odor. You... don't..."

An odor? That's perfect!

Zhang Yi's smile became somewhat wicked. But seeing Zhou Kuer's exhausted appearance, he decided to let her off today.

"How is Uncle You's condition? How long will it take for him to recover, or is it just a temporary improvement, not lasting too long?"

Zhang Yi inquired.

Zhou Kuer's eyes revealed a strange expression. "He was seriously injured, losing a lot of blood, and we didn't have any blood bags to use. At first, I thought it would be difficult to save him."

Zhang Yi frowned. He hadn't considered the issue of blood bags before. After all, he wasn't a professional medical worker and couldn't cover every detail.

"How did you manage to save him then?"

Zhang Yi asked.

Zhou Kuer looked strange, "His heart rate was almost zero at first, but suddenly, something seemed to happen to his body. The activity of his muscles increased rapidly, and even the bleeding from the wound significantly reduced."

She gestured with her hands, indicating that she didn't understand either.

"I have no way to explain this."

After hearing this, Zhang Yi was surprised. He was very familiar with such extraordinary events because it had happened to him once!

It was very likely that Uncle You had awakened some kind of special ability!

In fact, after his rebirth, Zhang Yi had considered this question. Gamma rays affected the human genetic sequence, turning him into a mutant. So, besides him, would there be others born with abilities?

But in the past month, among over a thousand people in the entire community, there hadn't been a second appearance of a mutant.

This indicated that the conditions for the birth of mutants were extremely harsh. After all, genetic mutation itself was a one in a billion probability, and the direction of mutation was unpredictable; it might not always be a favorable one.

Unexpectedly, Uncle You had become the second mutant besides him!

"Is it possible to awaken under a near-death condition? Perhaps this is one of the prerequisites for awakening."

"In that case, the conditions seem too harsh. Under the brink of death, if there isn't the ability to heal injuries, one might die even after awakening."

"If Uncle You hadn't encountered me, he would have undoubtedly died."

Having figured this out, Zhang Yi relaxed a bit. Calculating based on this ratio, the probability of him encountering mutants in the future was extremely low.

However, he didn't know what kind of ability Uncle You had awakened. After pondering for a while, Zhang Yi said to Zhou Kuer, "From now on, you need to inject a certain amount of muscle relaxant or sedative into Uncle You every day."

"It shouldn't affect his body, but it should control his actions."

Zhou Kuer was a bit surprised, but after a moment of contemplation, she guessed something. "Is Uncle You also like you, developing some kind of special ability?"

Zhang Yi nodded, "I think so, but we have no experience with such things, and we don't know what he will become."

"Do you know the Hulk? He's a mutant caused by the influence of gamma rays."

Zhang Yi shrugged, smiling bitterly, "In case Uncle You also turns into the Hulk and loses control of his emotions, he might demolish this home!"

Zhang Yi deliberately exaggerated, but in reality, considering the law of conservation of energy, Uncle You, even if he transformed now, wouldn't have too powerful strength.

However, for safety reasons, Zhang Yi still needed to observe him for a while to ensure that his mutation was not harmful.

Zhou Kuer nodded, "Simple, leave it to me!"

Zhang Yi kissed her and gently said, "You're tired today, rest early!"

Zhou Kuer looked outside and asked, "What about Uncle You? Should we let Xie Limei take care of him? Can she handle it?"

Zhang Yi smiled faintly, "Although she's a very annoying woman, she's not that foolish. She knows that if anything happens to Uncle You, I will immediately kick her out. So, she will take care of him even more diligently than you."

Zhou Kuer nodded, "That makes sense."

Zhang Yi let Zhou Kuer rest early, and he walked out, seeing Xie Limei boiling water for instant noodles. Her eyes were wandering around, not knowing what she wanted to steal.

Zhang Yi walked up to her and said, "Aunt Xie, you can stay with Uncle You! You can take care of him at night."

Xie Limei nodded obediently, looking like she was being good. Zhang Yi gestured for her to enter the room, and she walked in obediently. Then Zhang Yi locked the door from the outside.