Chapter 27: Flying Kicks on Lin Xiaohu

Soon, Zhang Ye heard Lin Dama's pig-like screams.

After Chen Zhenghao rushed into the house, he slapped Lin Dama's face hard.

"Old thing, deceiving the neighbors for their supplies, I'm doing justice for the heavens!" Chen Zhenghao laughed heartily.

Lin Dama, lying on the ground, dizzy and unable to speak, was at a loss for words.

Chen Zhenghao ordered his men, "Search the place! Take away all the food and drinks! This is what the neighbors worked hard to accumulate; we can't let her off easy!"

His men chuckled and winked at each other as they rushed into the kitchen and bedroom, turning every possible hiding spot upside down.

Soon, they found a large pile of instant noodles, bread, biscuits, mineral water, and other items. Lin Dama crawled over, crying, and clung to Chen Zhenghao's thigh, saying, "You can't take everything. We still have our own supplies. How can my grandson and I survive if you take everything?"

Chen Zhenghao stared coldly at her, sneering, "Mind your own business! Get lost!" With that, he used his intact leg to deliver a powerful kick, hitting Lin Dama in the face.

"Ah!"

Lin Dama let out a scream reminiscent of a slaughtered pig as she fell backward.

At this moment, a shout came from the bedroom, "You bunch of bastards, get out of here!"

It was Lin Dama's grandson, Little Tiger. He discovered that his hidden chocolate biscuits had been found, and he was furious. He grabbed a fruit knife from a drawer and stabbed it into one of Chen Zhenghao's lackey's buttocks.

In the extreme cold, any injury could be fatal. The lackey let out a painful cry, turning his head to see a child holding a fruit knife, which further angered him. "What the hell!" He retaliated by kicking Little Tiger's stomach with all his might.

A full-force kick from an adult was too much for the six-year-old to bear. Little Tiger screamed and was sent flying, crashing into the wall and sliding to the ground like a discarded rag.

As the saying goes, beating someone is like hanging a picture. This scene perfectly illustrated that proverb.

Chen Zhenghao and his men burst into laughter.

"Haha, Lao Wu, when did you become so good at kicking?!" "Actually kicked that little brat away. Impressive!"

Meanwhile, the one called Lao Wu pulled out the knife from his buttocks, proudly saying, "Am I handsome? Too bad you guys didn't record that scene just now!"

Lin Dama, with injuries herself, wanted to pretend to be dead on the ground. However, witnessing her beloved grandson being kicked so heavily, she despairingly cried out, "Little Tiger, my grandson!"

She rushed towards Little Tiger, but Chen Zhenghao pointed at Lin Dama, speaking solemnly, "This is the price you pay for deceiving your neighbors. I am doing justice for the heavens!"

Having said that, the group laughed heartily and left Lin Dama's house with their spoils.

Observing this brutal scene, Zhang Ye raised his eyebrows.

Seeing the despicable Lin Dama's family being beaten, Zhang Ye naturally felt pleased and had no sympathy for them. However, this scene also indicated that the civilized society's rules that once existed in the entire building were starting to crack.

Next, more and more brutal incidents would unfold.

After all, if a complete ice surface cracked a bit, it would rapidly expand.

"Ah, too bad it doesn't have much to do with me."

"Watching them fight for their lives over a few supplies, while I can only lie at home bored, is truly tedious."

Zhang Ye lay on the sofa in his fortified shelter, smiling and sighing.

Afterward, he uploaded the recorded video of the incident to the residential community's group chat.

In the group chat, the neighbors who had been deceived by Lin Dama were still cursing her relentlessly. Until they saw the video uploaded by Zhang Ye.

In the video, Chen Zhenghao and his group broke into Lin Dama's house, smashing everything, brutally beating Lin Dama and her grandson, and looting all the supplies she had deceived the neighbors into contributing.

The neighbors were overjoyed.

"Hahaha, the big scammer got her just desserts!" "Hao-ge is mighty! Using strong-arm tactics against this kind of person is the way to go!" "This is the price of being a scammer!" "Hehe, trying to steal a chicken but ending up losing the rice. It's really hilarious!"

Even though the neighbors knew that they wouldn't get the supplies back from Chen Zhenghao, seeing Lin Dama get beaten brought them genuine joy.

For a moment, some even considered Chen Zhenghao a hero, singing praises for him.

"Hao-ge is mighty!" "The big brother really has a sense of justice!" "If it weren't for Hao-ge, we wouldn't have any way to deal with this shameless scumbag!" "Hao-ge, be careful. This old thing is shameless and might report you to the police."

Some were even concerned for Chen Zhenghao, offering him advice and assistance.

Chen Zhenghao gained both fame and fortune this time, not provoking any collective resistance from the neighbors. On the contrary, he acquired a considerable amount of supplies.

Observing the discussion in the group chat, Zhang Ye sneered, shook his head, and dismissed the messages.

These neighbors failed to realize one thing: if Chen Zhenghao could break into Lin Dama's house today and rob her, he could do the same to their homes someday. As people lose hope in the outside world, such incidents would occur more frequently.

However, it was apparent that, at present, most people still had some supplies on hand.

In reality, the conditions in most households were not as dire as they claimed. Many residents of the Yue Lu residential community worked in the warehouse area and had the habit of storing supplies at home. Even those who did not work in the warehouse would buy discounted goods through various channels to stock up at home.

One box of near-expiry instant noodles, if rationed carefully, would be sufficient for a family of three to survive for four or five days.

Although it was difficult for everyone to eat well and dress warmly now, with some savings, survival could still be maintained for some time.

Last lifetime, Zhang Ye held on for an entire month before being overrun and devoured by neighbors driven insane by hunger.

"Money should be kept a secret," everyone understood this principle.

The reason they claimed to be impoverished and in desperate need was to avoid others seeking help from them.

Of course, everyone was barely managing to survive. If we were to discuss their quality of life, it had nothing to do with their current situation.

Zhang Ye no longer paid attention to the group chat messages. He took an archery target from the alternate dimension and affixed it to the wall. Then, picking up his handheld crossbow and compound bow, he began practicing his shooting skills.

Even though his safe house was as sturdy as a fortress, he couldn't afford to be complacent in the post-apocalyptic world. Only by persistently practicing survival skills every day could he ensure his survival until the end.

Moreover, practicing archery was also an enjoyable pastime for Zhang Ye.

As for firearms, he didn't need to practice. With his membership card from the Design Association, he was knowledgeable about how to use firearms. Although he couldn't claim to have expert marksmanship, merely having a gun in hand was an enormous deterrent!

Bullets were limited to a hundred rounds, and they couldn't be recycled like arrows. Zhang Ye chose to save them as much as possible.