Chapter 174: Ice and Snow · Supernatural Abilities

Zhang Yi drove the snowmobile, taking Zhou Ke'er to the Yunque Manor.
On the way, they had to pass through the road along the Lu River.He observed the river's surface, feeling somewhat cautious.They had eliminated four villagers and eight precious sled dogs. They wouldn't easily let it go.However, as they traveled, Zhang Yi didn't find any traces of people on the river's surface."It's better if they don't come looking for trouble."Zhang Yi thought to himself.On the way back, the snow started to get heavier.Recently, the snowfall wasn't as intense as it was at the beginning.After all, the moisture in the air was limited.Most of the time, it was light snowfall or dry, biting cold wind.As the snow intensified, Zhang Yi turned on the windshield wipers to clear the snow on the windshield.The road ahead became unclear.This made Zhang Yi frown slightly, feeling something was amiss."This snow... why does it feel more severe than when the snow disaster just started?"The snow and wind intensified, and the howling wind outside could be heard even inside the cabin.The wipers couldn't clear the falling snow, and the snowflakes seemed to be drawn toward the snowmobile as if attracted by something, rushing towards it in unison.Zhang Yi finally sensed that something was wrong."No, this snow is not normal!"A large area of snow suddenly appeared in front of the vehicle and directly hit the car with a loud "bang."Zhou Ke'er exclaimed, then tightly grabbed Zhang Yi's arm."Zhang Yi, why is the snowfall so heavy?"Zhang Yi's gaze became serious."It's probably not just heavy snow!"The front of the car was covered in a vast expanse of white, and the road was completely obscured, making it difficult to move forward.There were only two possibilities in this situation.Either the snow disaster suddenly escalated, or someone was causing trouble.Apocalypse.Supernatural abilities.The appearance of these two things turned everything previously deemed impossible into possibilities.A burst of white light flashed in Zhang Yi's right eye, and the gate of the dimensional space opened in front of the snowmobile.The raging blizzard rushed into the dimensional space, silently disappearing as if it had never occurred.Zhang Yi cleared a path and accelerated forward.Soon, realizing that the speed of the snowmobile did not decrease, the direction of the snow and wind suddenly changed.Zhou Ke'er looked ahead, suddenly pointing in fear and said, "Dragon... snow tornado!"Right in front of the snowmobile, a snow tornado slowly formed and quickly condensed to several tens of meters high, rushing towards the snowmobile!Zhou Ke'er's face turned pale with fear. In the face of such a natural force, human strength seemed too insignificant.Even this snowmobile looked like a miniature toy.Zhang Yi didn't say anything. At this moment, he was certain that this was not a natural phenomenon but someone with supernatural abilities attacking him!And most likely, it came from Xujia Town, with a small probability from the Yunque Manor.Stay calm. It's essential to stay calm at this moment!This is not the time to panic!Zhang Yi experienced his first encounter with hostile individuals with supernatural abilities. He had no prior experience in combating such abilities.Information obtained from the internet told him that almost everyone's mutations were different.You could never know what someone else's power was, let alone how powerful it could be.So, to defeat the opponent, the key was to have intelligence about the opponent's abilities.Zhang Yi told himself: My ability is absolute defense. As long as I remain calm, the opponent can't kill me.So, I don't need to worry about my safety.The opponent's ability clearly involved manipulating ice and snow.His attacks were precise, and the person was surely nearby.First, I need to determine how many types of attack methods he has.Zhang Yi made an instant judgment.Faced with the enormous snow tornado coming towards him, Zhang Yi immediately opened a dimensional gate in front of the snowmobile!The distance of the dimensional gate was within three meters around Zhang Yi's body, just enough to cover the entire front and rear of the snowmobile."Whoosh!"The snow tornado instantly approached, and Zhou Ke'er closed her eyes in fear, letting out a scream.But in an instant, the colossal snow tornado vanished in place.The earth returned to calmness, with only snowflakes continuing to dance and slowly fall to the ground.Behind a snow pile not far away, Xu Chunlei looked bewildered.How did the seemingly unstoppable attack suddenly disappear?Incomprehensible!He had no idea what kind of ability could nullify his powerful snow tornado attack!After using this move, his face became much paler.Clearly, controlling large amounts of ice and snow consumed a considerable amount of energy for him.The two Xu family members next to him, holding earth spears, whispered, "Chunlei, are you okay?"Xu Chunlei gritted his teeth and said, "I'm fine! It's just that this guy is not easy to deal with. He's definitely also an ability user, and I can't figure out his ability.""Retreat!"Xu Chunlei decisively issued the retreat order.Humans are always afraid of the unknown.As the current strongest pillar of Xudong Village, his command was absolute.The two people beside him quickly prepared to leave with him.Inside the snowmobile, Zhang Yi had already put on tactical goggles.He took out an assault rifle from the dimensional space, chambering a round with a "click.""Their attack has stopped; it seems this strike was also very costly for them.""Let me take a closer look at where they are!"Zhang Yi was a firm believer in science.Even if organisms gained strength due to genetic mutations, they must adhere to the principles of physics.The level of energy required for such a snow tornado attack was enormous for the human body.It was like finishing a special move in a fighting game, leaving a window of vulnerability during the cooldown.In this regard, his dimensional space was somewhat advantageous.Because the dimensional space lacked the ability to actively attack, it only had two functions: absorption and release, which did not consume energy.However, it could deflect the opponent's attack by changing the vector.Zhang Yi had to seize this opportunity to counterattack the hidden enemies!After putting on the tactical goggles, activating night vision, all objects with thermal reactions would be visible.Soon, Zhang Yi saw three humanoid red objects appearing a few hundred meters away.They were on the opposite bank of the Lu River.Zhang Yi quickly opened the car door, got out, and aimed the gun at the three people on the opposite bank."Bang bang bang bang!"Bullets pierced through the air, brushing past Xu Chunlei and the others. One person's thigh was instantly pierced!"He has an assault rifle!"The person shouted in pain.Xu Chunlei's pupils contracted, turning to look at the opposite bank a few hundred meters away.The two people on the opposite side only appeared as small dots in their eyes."It's too far!"Zhang Yi said casually, then quickly put away the assault rifle.Even with the assistance of precise aiming, the performance of firearms and the influence of wind direction still prevented him from accurately hitting the target.So, he took out his beloved sniper rifle, aiming at the one in the middle on the opposite side.That person's infrared response was particularly obvious.