Chapter 107: Bountiful Harvest

Zhang Yi didn't have much time to ponder here; time was of the essence, and if he didn't quickly find the armory, it would likely be dark by the time he returned.

However, having dug into the dormitory, at least he had a reference point. Climbing up from the dormitory onto the snow surface, Zhang Yi began to reevaluate the surrounding landmarks. In his mind, he recalled Uncle You's directions from the day before.

The excavator continued its work, and this time it didn't take long for Zhang Yi to locate the armory. The armory was tightly sealed, covered by heavy snow, making it difficult to see the full picture, but it resembled a concrete box.

Zhang Yi found the iron door, which had a hefty silver lock hanging on it. Using a pry bar, he exerted tremendous effort, but after a long while, the door still wouldn't budge.

"The armory in the military camp is indeed not easy to break into! But I dare not use a gun."

Zhang Yi, hands on hips, was deep in thought when he suddenly remembered he had come here in an excavator. Slapping his forehead, he quickly hopped back onto the machine and used it to smash the lock.

Then, he eagerly entered the armory.

Opening the reinforced steel door blocking his way, the sight inside was enough to make any man's blood boil. For the first time, Zhang Yi saw a real armory, and it was slightly different from what he had imagined. There were no mountain-like stacks of bullet boxes in large iron cabinets.

Inside the armory, there were many iron shelves against the walls, each holding dark rifles. It was a uniform collection of rifles!

On the shelves, there were also some gray-green metal boxes of unknown material, looking quite substantial. Camouflage uniforms and helmets hung on the walls, and Zhang Yi even spotted some camouflage spray cans placed below the iron shelves.

Taking a deep breath, Zhang Yi first stored all the rifles in his spatial dimension. He already had too many guns in his hands, far beyond what he could use. Unless, one day, he needed to form a post-apocalyptic survival team, these guns wouldn't see the light of day.

But Zhang Yi didn't care about that for now; he stored them away just in case they might be useful in the future.

His interest in these firearms wasn't particularly high. What he really wanted to find were bullets, grenades, and even equipment like RPGs.

Because he was in an armory, Zhang Yi was extremely cautious in his actions. He opened the iron boxes one by one, finding various types of bullets. Having studied firearms at the shooting club, he had a clear understanding of the compatibility of basic bullets with different gun types.

In this armory, there were around two thousand rounds of pistol ammunition, over five thousand rounds of various rifle ammunition, and more than three hundred rounds of sniper rifle ammunition. Moreover, he found a military-grade sniper rifle.

Unlike the police version he used, this military sniper rifle had better adaptability to the environment, with good water resistance, dust resistance, and even anti-freezing capabilities. However, its accuracy was slightly inferior to the police version. But for Zhang Yi, this was not a problem at all; he could compensate with his precise marksmanship using his ability.

What surprised Zhang Yi even more was that he found ten boxes of hand grenades, each containing five grenades, totaling fifty grenades!

This search was a huge harvest for Zhang Yi!

"If they all went out on missions, they would indeed need to bring equipment. So, this warehouse has less than half of its equipment now."

Due to the sudden onslaught of the snow disaster, they left in a hurry and had no time to dispose of the remaining supplies.

However, for Zhang Yi personally, these quantities were more than enough.

"However, there should be more than one armory in the military camp."

According to Uncle You, the troops stationed in Tianhai City consisted of a regiment, roughly around 1,500 soldiers. It was impossible for there to be only this small armory.

After collecting the current items, when Zhang Yi went outside, he continued using the excavator to clear the snow along the cement walls of the buildings. Soon enough, he found another armory nearby.

The weapons and equipment in this armory were slightly fewer, but Zhang Yi still found thousands of rounds of bullets and two boxes of hand grenades.

"For now, it's completely sufficient!"

A satisfied smile appeared on Zhang Yi's face. With these weapons and equipment, if it came to a contest of strength in Tianhai City, there would be almost no one who could pose a threat to him.

He had never used hand grenades before, but he could consult Uncle You later or search online for instructions on how to use them.

As for other heavy weapons, Zhang Yi didn't find any. After all, the troops stationed in Tianhai City were infantry, and there were no cannons or tanks.

Weapons like heavy machine guns were probably taken away when they went out on missions.

If it weren't for the rapid onset of the snow disaster, it would have been difficult for Zhang Yi to keep these weapons and ammunition.

"Anyway, these weapons are enough for me."

"And this also points me in a direction—I can obtain weapons from police stations and military camps in various cities in the future."

Every city of a certain size had police stations and military garrisons.

With his means of transportation, Zhang Yi could easily travel between cities and search for weapons and equipment in nearby satellite towns.

After searching around and confirming there were no other valuable items, Zhang Yi drove the motorcycle and left the military camp.

He didn't go far.

The surrounding area was wilderness, with quite a few trees planted, fitting the criteria Zhang Yi needed. He used the excavator to snap these trees in half at the base and then stored them in his spatial dimension.

This time, he was busy for a long time, returning only when it was already evening.

At this time, all the neighbors in the building were waiting for him to come back and distribute food.

But this time, Zhang Yi returned empty-handed.

Seeing the neighbors, Zhang Yi shrugged, "Today, I've searched many places but didn't find any food. Everyone will have to endure a bit longer!"

You can't feed people too well; if they eat too much, they might develop all sorts of ideas. For example, yesterday, some people started asking for clothes.

Zhang Yi intentionally brought nothing back today, making them remember: You are all under my care, don't try to take advantage! If you want to eat, then behave and listen to me!

Hearing Zhang Yi say there was no food, the neighbors immediately started murmuring.

"What? No food today?"

"Come on, there are so many places outside, can't you search a bit more?"

"It's so uncomfortable to go without food at night!"

"You worked hard all day, and there's no harvest at all?"

Zhang Yi, with a smiling face, looked at the chattering crowd.

"Is everyone done talking?"

The people were startled, their faces showing displeasure as they closed their mouths.

"It seems like recently, you all have been getting a bit carried away. Have you forgotten that you begged me to save you in the first place?"

"Can it be that in just a few days, you think it's natural for me, Zhang Yi, to bring you food? If that's the case, then we might as well part ways! In the future, you can solve your food problems yourselves."

The crowd was shocked.

Li Chengbin quickly said, "Brother Zhang, no one meant that. We all understand your hard work! Outside, there's heavy snow, making it difficult to search for food. You should rest first when you go back!"