Chapter 140: Three Conditions

Xu Hao's words had given Zhang Yi a glimpse into the edge of the life of a top-tier rich second generation. However, that was not important now.

After the gossip session, Zhang Yi stared at Xu Hao and asked casually, "Tell me your thoughts. If I agree to cooperate with you, how can you help me?"

Xu Hao felt a surge of energy upon sensing an opportunity. "I still have a connection with Wang Siming. After I mentioned your situation to him, he became very interested in the supplies and snowmobiles you have."

"So, we can stage a play. I'll pretend to deceive you and lead you to Wang Siming. Then, with your skills, taking him down would be a piece of cake."

Zhang Yi pondered for a moment, staring at him as he asked, "If Wang Siming's shelter is really worth a billion dollars, does he still need to covet the supplies in my hands?"

Having watched sci-fi movies, Zhang Yi knew that large shelters like that one usually stored enough supplies to last for over a decade. It seemed unlikely to face shortages within just a month.

Scratching his head, Xu Hao's expression became playful. "But... that shelter has been built for ten years!"

"When Wang Siming started that project, it was just a whim. After his interest faded, he treated the shelter as a regular villa. The supplies inside were discarded as junk, and the place was converted into a love nest or a sports facility."

Zhang Yi listened silently, constructing a blueprint of the super shelter in his mind.

"What about weapons and equipment? Such a powerful shelter must have intrusion prevention facilities, right?"

This was what Zhang Yi was most concerned about. If he were to attack another unit, traps would be set up to hinder his progress, let alone a super shelter.

At this point, Xu Hao suddenly fell silent. He looked at Zhang Yi and said, "Unless you agree to cooperate with me, let me follow you, and guarantee my future well-being. Otherwise, I cannot tell you this information."

Xu Hao wasn't foolish. If he revealed all the information to Zhang Yi, he would lose all his value.

"Can't tell me?" Zhang Yi sneered, waving his pistol. "Then, what use do I have for you?"

Xu Hao swallowed nervously, quickly saying, "Even if you kill me, I won't say it! Because that's my only hope of survival!"

"I know, before long, you'll probably kill all of us, right?" Zhang Yi's eyes flashed with a hint of strangeness. Indeed, he had such plans. Most of the neighbors in this unit had already had their share. He wouldn't spare them.

Once the troubles with other units were resolved, he would send this group on their way, including Xu Hao.

"You seem a bit clever. How did you figure it out?" Zhang Yi asked with a smile, but there was a coldness in his eyes.

Gritting his teeth, Xu Hao said in a deep voice, "Because you're not a good person! The only reason you're keeping us neighbors is to help you deal with the troubles from other units."

"Now that the people who posed a threat to you in other units are mostly dead, you won't be so kind as to continue providing for us!"

Zhang Yi slowly lowered the gun in his hand. Xu Hao was right; this guy was indeed a bit clever.

"I won't be so kind as to continue providing for you." Zhang Yi admitted. Xu Hao continued, "So, instead of waiting to die, I might as well take a chance! Exchange the information in my hands for a chance to live!"

Zhang Yi squinted his eyes, looking at Xu Hao. He was weighing the pros and cons.

If what Xu Hao said was true, the super shelter worth a billion dollars was more secure than his safe house, with various living facilities inside. Acquiring it would significantly improve his quality of life.

However, the risks behind this matter had to be considered!

Firstly, Zhang Yi didn't trust Xu Hao. No matter how dazzling his words were, Zhang Yi couldn't trust someone with whom he had a bad relationship. Based on Zhang Yi's impression of Xu Hao, he wasn't reliable.

Building trust between the two was crucial to ensure that Xu Hao wouldn't deceive him.

Secondly, even if everything Xu Hao said was true, the risks of the operation were unknown. Zhang Yi had his safe house, which allowed him to counterattack dozens of neighbors who tried to forcefully invade. However, Wang Siming's shelter had a security level several hundred times higher than Zhang Yi's safe house.

It was a shelter capable of resisting bullets, something Zhang Yi's existing weapons couldn't penetrate.

Zhang Yi remained silent, while Xu Hao anxiously waited nearby. This waiting process was undoubtedly a great torment for Xu Hao. He knew that if Zhang Yi rejected him, he would be killed immediately.

However, he had no other choice.

Unless he could hitch a ride on Zhang Yi's thigh, he was destined to die sooner or later.

After a long time, Zhang Yi made a decision.

He looked at Xu Hao and said coldly, "I can agree to let you follow me. But there are a few conditions you must adhere to."

Xu Hao's tense body suddenly relaxed, and inner joy surged.

He had won the gamble!

Nodding continuously, Xu Hao said, "Okay, tell me, tell me!"

Zhang Yi continued, "First, you must clearly explain the situation inside that shelter. Especially the security devices and firepower."

Xu Hao quickly replied, "Naturally, after that shelter was built, Wang Siming invited many people to visit, and I was among them."

Zhang Yi nodded, "Second, I need you to help me kill someone."

This matter was easier to handle. In the post-apocalyptic world, what did it matter to kill a few people?

However, Xu Hao found it strange, "Can't you kill anyone you want? Why do you need me?"

Zhang Yi smiled faintly, "It's someone I can't easily deal with. Anyway, wait for my message."

Without any hesitation, Xu Hao agreed. Killing one person was like submitting a letter of intent. This deal was too lucrative.

"Now, for the last condition."

The smile on Zhang Yi's face became somewhat eerie, making Xu Hao involuntarily swallow his saliva.

"What is it?"

Zhang Yi said, "Let's go upstairs! I'll get something for you."

Xu Hao didn't know what Zhang Yi was talking about, but he obediently followed him to the stairwell on the 24th floor.

"I'll get something; you stay here and don't move."

After saying that, Zhang Yi entered the room alone, leaving Xu Hao behind.