Chapter 105: Couple's Bath

Having distributed today's food, Zhang Yi managed to save some supplies due to the deaths of more than a dozen people in the past two days. Many familiar figures had disappeared.

For example, Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainin, absent for several days, were likely frozen or starved to death.

Returning home, Zhou Keren, wearing an apron, walked out of the kitchen and greeted him with a gentle smile, "You're back, master!"

Watching the gentle and virtuous Zhou Keren, Zhang Yi's mood improved slightly. Over time, Zhou Keren had adapted to her role as Zhang Yi's servant in this post-apocalyptic world. She was a smart woman who knew that clinging to a powerful figure in times of crisis was the happiest thing.

Therefore, she fulfilled all of Zhang Yi's requests, even those he didn't explicitly mention. If Zhang Yi needed something, she would do her best to provide it. She even worked hard to complete tasks that Zhang Yi didn't initiate.

"What are you doing?" Zhang Yi asked as he took off his cold-resistant suit.

Zhou Keren squatted down, helped him change into slippers, and neatly placed his snow boots on the shoe rack. "Stewed beef with potatoes. You like it, right? I'm trying to make it! Just not sure if it'll taste good."

At this moment, Zhang Yi also craved something warm to soothe his stomach. He sat on the sofa, and Zhou Keren brought a basin of hot water for him to wash his feet.

Dipping his feet into the warm water, a comfortable and relaxing sensation washed over Zhang Yi. Despite all the cold-resistant gear, spending the day in the snow still made him feel chilled.

Only at times like these did he truly appreciate the comfort of having a warm home. Overall, he was in a good mood today.

With the exact location of the military camp in mind, he could go alone next time and explore the weapons depot. The arsenal inside the military camp was bound to have much more ammunition than the police station, and perhaps even some powerful military-grade weapons like grenades, RPGs, or maybe even tanks and armored vehicles?

Zhang Yi shook his head. Tanks and armored vehicles were not something ordinary military units were equipped with. Moreover, given their weight, extracting them from the snow would be impractical.

"Nevertheless, I can definitely get a considerable amount of weapons and ammunition! With these weapons, no one here can pose a threat to me."

In the midst of his joy, Zhang Yi also thought about some unpleasant things, such as the sneak attack by members of the Wolf Gang. Fortunately, he was well-prepared, with his body fully covered by equipment, a gun in hand, and ample ammunition.

Otherwise, in close combat, how could he, alone in the snow, withstand the assault of ten people?

"The Wolf Gang. I must eliminate them! However, they are quite cunning, staying hidden once they know the firepower I possess. I also dare not attack recklessly; how should I deal with them?"

Zhang Yi pondered over his options.

"Attacking a tall building head-on would be foolish. They have plenty of space to retreat, and attacking from the snow-covered rear is inconvenient. Besides, there's no cover, and the narrow corridors make it difficult for me to leverage my advantages."

"If they're like me and use Molotov cocktails for fire attacks, even if they don't burn to death, they'll be suffocated by the smoke. If they plan to escape by opening windows, I'll shoot them down one by one!"

Zhang Yi clapped his hands, satisfied with the idea. Using fire attacks was an excellent method to deal with enemies hiding in buildings.

"But a significant fire is required. Most of the wood that could be used for burning in the buildings has been removed, except for the doors. I need to collect more wood from the outside."