Chapter 34: Ugly People Make Trouble

Zhang Yiru scolded Fang Yuqing harshly, exposing her true nature as a gold-digging, promiscuous woman who played with men's feelings. This struck a chord deep within Fang Yuqing. Despite her materialistic and promiscuous behavior, she saw herself as a good girl. Zhang Yiru's mockery shattered her confidence. Even someone like Zhang Yiru, a petit bourgeois, could look down on her, indicating that her charm was insufficient, and she had no chance of seducing rich second-generation men to become a wealthy wife.

After ending the call with Zhang Yiru, Fang Yuqing quickly sent a long string of voice messages, likely filled with curses. Did Zhang Yiru care? Not at all. In this apocalypse, the green tea white lotus flower would slowly wither away in extreme cold and hunger each day. Zhang Yiru was merely toying with her, observing her miserable state. Why would he get angry with a dead person? Seeing the infuriated appearance of the white lotus flower, Zhang Yiru felt a sense of satisfaction.

"Hahaha!"

Zhang Yiru laughed heartily. He went to the kitchen and took out a bottle of Romanian Emperor, a 200,000-worth wine stored in a temperature-controlled wine cabinet in Walmart's warehouse. Zhang Yiru didn't have many of these luxurious wines, just a few dozen boxes. Feeling good today, he decided to celebrate. There was no shortage of electricity in his home; the wiring had been modified during renovations, connected to backup power and a noiseless generator. Energy was not a concern.

In the living room, he arranged a table filled with a sumptuous feast: French baked snails, tomahawk steaks, stargazing, Nanjing salted duck, and a bottle of 200,000-worth Romanian Emperor. In the midst of the apocalypse, all societal norms were quickly disappearing. Zhang Yiru didn't care about rules when it came to eating; he would eat whatever he wanted and pair it however he pleased. He could even use caviar as a meal. Such a luxurious lifestyle was probably unique in the current world. The sudden arrival of the apocalypse caught even the most powerful and wealthy individuals off guard. Zhang Yiru's memories included Xuhao, whose father was a renowned tycoon in Tianhai City. However, his father had died half a month after the apocalypse. Wealth turned into worthless paper, and the obese old man lacked the essential survival skills.

Now, in the house Fang Yuqing and Lin Cainong shared, Fang Yuqing's mentality was on the verge of collapse. She vented her anger by smashing things and cursing Zhang Yiru. Under normal circumstances, she might not have been so furious. But right now, seeing Zhang Yiru's comfortable and seemingly heavenly life, warm and cozy, filled with high-end food, made it unbearable for her.

"Zhang Yiru, you damn guy! What do you think you are? How dare you curse me! If it weren't for this snow disaster, I wouldn't even give you a second look!"

Fang Yuqing angrily yelled. Lin Caining, sitting on the sofa, stared at her, a hint of disdain in her eyes.

"It's because you played around before; otherwise, now we could enjoy the food and warmth in Zhang Yiru's house!"

Fang Yuqing sneered, "What is he? Just someone with a house and some savings! I, Fang Yuqing, am going to marry into a wealthy family and become a rich wife!"

Lin Caining frowned, "But now, Zhang Yiru has plenty of food in his hands, and there's a fireplace at home. This is much better than being a rich second-generation."

She looked out the window; the heavy snow showed no signs of stopping. According to the information obtained from her phone, the whole world was enveloped in ice and snow.

She worriedly said, "Will this snow disaster continue like this?" On the TV, the few remaining official channels were still encouraging people. Experts, shivering in thick down jackets, claimed that the disaster would pass soon. The people had the power, and persistence would lead to victory. However, looking at everything now, there was no sign of the disaster ending.

Lin Caining hugged herself, "If this snow doesn't stop, even if we don't freeze to death, we'll starve to death at home!"

Lin Caining's words turned Fang Yuqing's internal anger into fear. Ten days had passed since they were trapped at home. These ten days felt longer than ten years. If one had not experienced such a situation, they could not understand the torture it brought. It could even lead to mental confusion. Despite Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining being a combination of green tea white lotus flowers, as women in their twenties, they were still very fragile.

Facing the continuous heavy snowfall, they thought of death. Fang Yuqing curled up on the sofa, and in her mind, the warm and well-supplied home of Zhang Yiru appeared again.

"This is unfair! Why can Zhang Yiru live so comfortably? I'm so beautiful, but I have to live so miserably!"

Lin Caining glanced at Fang Yuqing without saying anything. She wrapped herself in a blanket and took out her phone to find Zhang Yiru's number.

Soon, Zhang Yiru received a message from Lin Caining.

"Zhang Yiru, I saw you scold Fang Yuqing just now, and I'm so happy for you. I always knew Fang Yuqing was a gold-digger, and she never took you seriously. I've always hoped that one day you would see through her true colors. Congratulations on realizing it!"

Zhang Yiru chuckled, "Truly plastic sisters, they sold out Fang Yuqing so quickly."

But it was normal; like attracts like. Lin Caining and Fang Yuqing were both no angels.

He replied, "Hmm, not a big deal."

Lin Caining continued, "In the past, seeing you pursuing Fang Yuqing, I felt quite sad."

"Zhang Yiru, actually... I've always liked you, you know?"

"Now that you don't want Fang Yuqing anymore, why don't we be together!"

Zhang Yiru almost spat out the wine he had just drunk.

"Oh damn, this gold-digger is so direct!"

He shook his head, "Tsk tsk, a bunch of realists! Looks like she's having a tough time these ten days." In the past, Lin Caining had never hidden her feelings toward Zhang Yiru. Although her conditions were not great, she considered herself a goddess. Now, seeing Zhang Yiru reject Fang Yuqing and experiencing Zhang Yiru's high-quality lifestyle, she immediately wanted to take advantage of the situation.