Chapter 13: The Arrival of the Ice Age

Zhang Yi emptied the entire warehouse of Walmart South China!

Materials worth billions were all stored in his dimensional space.

He pretended not to know anything and immediately reported the incident to Walmart's top management.

Soon, this news spread throughout the entire upper management of Walmart South China.

A large group of executives, shocked, rushed to the scene and reported the theft to the police.

Tom Watson, the general manager of South China Warehouse, saw the empty warehouse, his face turning paler than snow.

"Oh, my God! How am I going to explain this to headquarters?"

In fact, orders had already come from Walmart's headquarters in the United States, instructing them to transport all materials back to the country as quickly as possible.

It was said that this was a directive from the top brass of the United States, and the ship they sent was already arriving at the Tianhai Port.

Now, everything was in chaos!

On the other side, Zhang Yi was not worried at all about his actions being exposed.

After all, the entire warehouse, worth billions, disappeared in just two hours—a situation too bewildering to comprehend.

Even if the police investigated with all their might, they wouldn't be able to find out in a short period.

Moreover, since Walmart was a foreign company, not a state-owned enterprise, the investigation would naturally not be too intense.

Nevertheless, he acted nervously and frightened, cooperating with the police investigation.

After a night of interrogation, Zhang Yi was released.

The police were highly suspicious of the incident, considering that millions of cubic meters of materials couldn't

vanish without a trace in such a short time. Although the internal surveillance footage was turned off, stealing such a massive amount of goods couldn't have gone unnoticed.

However, examination of the surrounding area's footage revealed no signs of any vehicles passing through, leaving two possibilities: the disappearance of the valuable goods was either supernatural or an inside job by Walmart itself.

Logic favored the latter scenario, given the inexplicable nature of the event. While ordinary employees like Zhang Yi raised some suspicions, the primary focus wasn't on them. Since Walmart was a foreign enterprise, the involvement of the local authorities was slow and cautious, concerned about potential international implications.

To ensure his safety, Zhang Yi was prohibited from leaving Tianhai City for a short period. He had to cooperate with both the police and Walmart's internal investigations. Zhang Yi, playing the role of a worried employee, went along with the investigations seamlessly.

After this ordeal, he was eventually allowed to return home.

Looking out through the blinds of his French windows, Zhang Yi noted that December 10th marked only two days until the onset of the Ice Age.

For safety reasons, he refrained from leaving his room and was ordered to stay within Tianhai City temporarily. He complied with the police and Walmart's internal investigations. After a night of interrogation, he was released.

When he returned home, he took a moment to look outside through the blinds. Today was December 10th, and there were only two days left until the arrival of the Ice Age.