Chapter 147: Xu Hao's True Colors

On this evening, Zhang Yì worked in the fields until very late.
The issues in the community were finally resolved, leaving him feeling incredibly relaxed.Unlike before, he didn't hold back this time; he was unabashedly assertive.Similarly, Zhou Kě'er had accumulated desires for a long time, all released on this particular night. However, there was a gap between them.Zhang Yì's energy and stamina remained robust; he woke up the next morning with vitality.On the other hand, Zhou Kě'er was exhausted, finding even the act of getting out of bed to cook challenging.In high spirits, Zhang Yì took out some food from the other dimension and ate.Next, they awaited news from Xu Hao to determine the course of action.When Xu Hao's message arrived, Zhang Yì felt there was indeed an opportunity to strike, so he decided to visit Xu Hao when the time was right.Zhang Yì was in no hurry, but Xu Hao was extremely anxious.After being injected by Zhang Yì the previous day, Xu Hao had a sleepless night, feeling as if he were on the verge of death.In the morning, he sent a message to Zhang Yì, "Zhang Ge, I've communicated with them. When should we go over?"Zhang Yì smiled slightly and quickly replied, "Come to my place; we'll talk in detail."Soon, Xu Hao arrived at Zhang Yì's doorstep.Zhang Yì opened the door and let him into the room.Once inside, Xu Hao's expression mirrored that of Zhou Kě'er and Xie Limei—both astonished and delighted.He looked like a beggar entering a paradise full of gold and jewels, with a silly smile on his face, as if he were stupefied."Is this heaven? It's so warm here."Xu Hao said foolishly.Zhang Yì gave him a disdainful look, "This is my home."Xu Hao snapped out of his daze, suddenly feeling uncomfortably hot all over. After all, he was bundled in six or seven layers of clothes, and Zhang Yì's house was at 26°C, akin to being in a furnace.He quickly took off several layers of down jackets and cotton clothes, then somewhat embarrassedly approached Zhang Yì."Zhang Ge, I've talked to Wang Siming. I'll pretend to cooperate with him and bring you over. When he opens the door, we seize the opportunity to take him down!"Xu Hao was eager.Zhang Yì sat on the sofa, legs crossed, pointing to the opposite sofa, "Sit! No hurry, we can take our time."Xu Hao glanced at the high-end sofa in Zhang Yì's home, pure white like clouds. However, there seemed to be some strange stains on it, as if some liquid had soaked into it.Xu Hao dared not sit on the sofa; he hadn't bathed in a month, fearing he might dirty Zhang Yì's furniture. So, he sat on the carpet.Even so, he felt exceptionally content.A whole month, a whole month! He finally felt warmth!Zhang Yì sat, and from his angle, he looked down on Xu Hao.This former arrogant rich second-generation now appeared as humble as a stray dog—or rather, he was indeed a stray dog.Xu Hao ingratiatingly looked up at Zhang Yì, "Zhang Ge, let me tell you about my conversation with him."Zhang Yì smiled slightly and extended his hand to Xu Hao."No need for the trouble; I can read it myself."Xu Hao's face stiffened, "Wh...what? You can read it yourself?""Give me your phone. Let me see your chat records!"Zhang Yì's smile was very bright, but in Xu Hao's eyes, it looked particularly terrifying.There were things in his chat records with Wang Siming that Zhang Yì shouldn't see. Just as he couldn't let Wang Siming know he was undermining him in front of Zhang Yì, he couldn't let Zhang Yì know the same thing."Hurry, give me your phone. You're not hiding anything from me, are you?"Zhang Yì narrowed his eyes, a hint of killing intent passing through."No, no! But..."Cold sweat formed on Xu Hao's forehead, his eyes shifting, and his right hand instinctively covered his pocket.Zhang Yì didn't bother with him and took out a black pistol, pointing it at his forehead."Talking nicely doesn't work with you, does it?"Xu Hao hastily begged, "Zhang Ge, don't shoot, don't shoot!""I did say some bad things about you to Wang Siming, but it was just to confuse him. I didn't mean any of it!"Getting impatient, Zhang Yì coldly said, "Give it to me!"Xu Hao dared not speak further, nervously took out his phone, and handed it to Zhang Yì."It's out of battery."Xu Hao whispered, trying to make a last stand.Zhang Yì took a look; indeed, the battery was empty.After all, ordinary residents only had about an hour of power supply each day. Given their lengthy conversation, the low battery wasn't surprising.Zhang Yì casually took out a power bank from under the coffee table and charged the phone.Xu Hao's face turned pale; his body seemed to be shrinking to the floor, resembling a deflated balloon.Zhang Yì opened the chat records between him and Wang Siming and scrolled through them."Oh, you two have been in contact for half a month!"Zhang Yì laughed.Xu Hao dared not make a sound.Zhang Yì quickly scrolled down, his mouth gradually forming a scornful smile.No wonder Xu Hao didn't want him to see the chat records; the content of the past half month was quite rich.Initially, Xu Hao intended to let Wang Siming help deal with Zhang Yì and then seize Zhang Yì's safe house and supplies. At that time, his evaluation of Zhang Yì was, "That damn dog relies on having a gun and acts arrogantly. Why does he deserve to live in such a good house?""Hehe!"Zhang Yì chuckled, giving Xu Hao quite a scare.Later, after Zhang Yì subdued the entire building and attacked the time periods of the Heavenly Alliance and the Mad Wolf Gang, Xu Hao's evaluation of Zhang Yì changed to, "This guy is ruthless, killing dozens in one go. Not easy to deal with!"After Zhang Yì wiped out almost all the building managers and used fire to destroy twelve buildings, Xu Hao's evaluation became, "Zhang Yì is a formidable character with real skills. Ming Ge, I can't handle him alone, but the two of us teaming up should be no problem."In the chat records, he used a lot of derogatory terms towards Zhang Yì, especially in the early stages of the conversation, which were full of contempt.Just as Zhang Yì expected, Xu Hao initially intended to lure him over, allowing Wang Siming to use a trap to take him down.Zhang Yì sneered at Xu Hao, shaking the phone, "Care to explain?"Xu Hao swallowed hard, sweating, and hastily explained, "Zhang Ge, let me explain! I said those things to confuse him, making him think we were on the same side. Only this way could we deceive him!"He raised his right hand, swearing under the light, "If I, Xu Hao, have any bad intentions toward Zhang Ge, let me die a miserable death!"Zhang Yì sneered, "This oath is useless now. You better come up with something more practical!"