Chapter 14: Extreme Cold, I Watch the Changes with a Smile

The Ice Age has begun.

In the southern city of Tianhai, heavy snowfall blankets the streets, sparking discussions online. Some complain while others express delight, unaware that this snow and the drastic drop in temperature are not temporary but rather a sustained and expanding phenomenon. It heralds a disaster that no one can endure.

However, Zhang Yi lies comfortably on his sofa at home, enjoying the cozy warmth of the safe house at a temperature above 20 degrees Celsius. Sipping on chilled Budweiser, he savors the moment.

His phone suddenly rings, interrupting his relaxation.

Glancing at the screen, he sees it's a call from various chat groups – former classmates, hobby enthusiasts, and residents from his neighborhood.

"Goodness, why did it suddenly snow so heavily? The weather forecast didn't mention this!"

"I was awakened in the middle of the night. Quickly got up to turn on the heating."

"Forget it, our crappy heater isn't effective. It's getting colder by the minute."

"I don't know how long this cold weather will last. I haven't bought winter clothes yet!"

The discussions are diverse, reflecting everyone's mood. However, Zhang Yi senses that most people are not taking the sudden drop in temperature seriously; instead, some are even pleased.

Zhang Yi knows this is just a temporary illusion.

Yawning, he decides not to read any further.

Returning to his warm bed, covered with a velvet-thin quilt, Zhang Yi closes his eyes comfortably.

His bed is exceptionally comfortable, acquired from the high-end goods moved from Walmart's warehouse. Especially the mattress, rumored to be the same as a certain female celebrity's, is valued at 3 million.

Outside, the snow continues to fall heavily, and the wind howls. Inside, the fireplace burns brightly, maintaining a pleasant temperature.

In this comfortable environment, Zhang Yi quickly drifts into slumber.

...

Early the next day, Zhang Yi is awakened by the ringtone of his phone.

Opening his eyes, he finds it's a call from Bai Lianhua, Fang Yuqing.

Disturbed from his good dreams, Zhang Yi's mood naturally sours.

He picks up the phone and asks irritably, "Hello, why are you calling me so early?"

Hearing Zhang Yi's cold tone, Bai Lianhua, Fang Yuqing, pauses for a moment. But soon, she says, "Zhang Yi, it's so cold outside today! Did you know about the drastic temperature drop in advance when you stocked up on supplies?"

Her voice trembles, as if enduring something.

Zhang Yi, with a hint of sarcasm, smirks. Clearly, this white lotus is always up to something.

"I just heard it from a friend casually. I didn't expect the temperature to drop so much," he lazily responds.

He lifts the quilt; the room temperature is high enough to make him sweat.

Walking outside in slippers, when he reaches the French windows, a familiar scene catches his eye, freezing his gaze.

The heavy snow outside has engulfed the entire city. He can barely see the streets and roadside bushes. Many ground-level structures are half-buried.

The snowfall continues, with no sign of stopping, and Bai Lianhua continues talking on the phone.

"It's so big outside. I can't go out. Didn't you buy a lot of food? Can you lend me some? I'll pay you back when the snow disaster is over."

Zhang Yi raises an eyebrow, a cold smile playing on his lips.

This white lotus has a brain; she knows that in such heavy snow, food will become expensive. She doesn't want to go out in the extreme cold and hopes Zhang Yi can provide her with food.

But Zhang Yi knows this Ice Age disaster will last a long time, and he can't possibly give Bai Lianhua any of his supplies.

In his previous life, he was deceived by this white lotus, giving her a lot of his food. In the end, she not only caused his death but also planned to brew soup with his ribs.

Now, he just wants to play with her, watching how she dies in misery.

Thinking of this, a sneer appears on his face. He sends a mocking message to Bai Lianhua.

"You should have told me earlier. I've almost finished the food I stocked up. Look, I just cooked steak for breakfast!"

After saying this, he takes a selfie with himself, the steak, and the red wine on the table and sends it to Bai Lianhua.