Chapter 51: No Medicine, Just Wait for Infection!

Wang Min and the others were furious at the current situation. It was Fang Yuqing who had initially enticed them to attack Zhang Yiru's house. Now, with casualties and injuries on our side, she wanted to abandon everyone and seek comfort for herself? Unthinkable!

"There's no way out!" Zhou Peng, undergoing surgery, heard that Fang Yuqing wanted to go to Zhang Yiru's, becoming infuriated. "Yuqing, how can you treat me like this? Didn't you say you hated Zhang Yiru the most?"

"Do you still remember when you said you wanted to be my woman?"

Fang Yuqing, covering her face after being slapped by Wang Min, gritted her teeth stubbornly. "Is there a problem with pursuing my own happiness? Being with you is just temporary. After we run out of supplies, isn't it waiting for death?"

"Zhang Yiru's house is comfortable, with food and drink, and no need to endure the cold. Why shouldn't I go there?"

She looked at Zhou Peng, who was in pain, with an expression of "you should understand me."

"Zhou Peng, you're a good person. You've always been good to me. But loving someone means wanting them to be happy, right? Although you've helped me in the past, shouldn't you allow me to pursue a better life? Can you provide more for me than what Zhang Yiru can?"

Zhou Peng's face turned terrifyingly pale, struggling to find a retort.

Zhou Keren frowned and told him, "Don't move! Otherwise, if you cut a major artery, you're done for!"

Wang Min, growing anxious, rushed over to restrain Zhou Peng. "Cousin, don't get so angry over this worthless woman. Preserving your life is more important!"

She took a deep breath and stared at Fang Yuqing. "Fang Yuqing, if you want to leave, we won't stop you, but only if Zhang Yiru brings medicine in exchange!"

Lin Caining blocked the door, raising her neck defiantly. "Fang Yuqing, if you're leaving, we're leaving together!"

Fang Yuqing, full of hatred, looked at them and reluctantly said to Zhang Yiru, "Zhang Yiru, brother, you heard them. They won't let me go! Can you give them some medicine?"

Zhang Yiru, enjoying the spectacle in the kitchen, heard this and smiled slightly. "Medicine is precious. How can I trust they're not trying to deceive me? They might use you to threaten me, continuously demanding things from me!"

"Smart, isn't it? We can't be fooled!" he added deliberately.

As their conversation was broadcasted to everyone present, Zhou Peng, still emotional, shouted, "Yuqing, don't believe him! He's just playing with you."

Indeed, that was how the outsiders perceived it. However, in such an environment, Fang Yuqing's mind had already become somewhat abnormal. Given a shred of hope, she clung to it desperately, even if she knew it couldn't save her life.

"He gave me a glimmer of hope, and I grabbed onto it like a drowning person clutching at a straw," she thought, not realizing the hope was unattainable.

Nodding repeatedly, she said, "Yes, yes, yes, what Brother Zhang says makes sense."

After saying this, she rushed towards Lin Caining, who was blocking the door.

"Get out of my way, you stinky woman! Don't stop me!"

The two women began to fight fiercely.

In her desperation to get to Zhang Yiru's house, Fang Yuqing had gone mad. She tore at Lin Caining's hair and even bit Lin Caining's arm.

Lin Caining, feeling the pain, fought back like a madwoman.

The two women fell to the ground, resembling two lunatics.

Wang Min, unable to bear it any longer, joined the fray. Several patients were undergoing surgery, and their fighting might disturb the procedures.

She fought alongside Lin Caining, and with considerable effort, they managed to subdue the frenzied Fang Yuqing.

"Ah! Let go of me! Let me go! Let me go!" Fang Yuqing shouted hoarsely, sounding like a madwoman.

Wang Min furrowed her brow, gave a resounding slap, and delivered six or seven more slaps to Fang Yuqing's face.

Fang Yuqing, dazed, finally quieted down.

Wang Min coldly snorted, "You want to leave? Dream on!"

She picked up Fang Yuqing's phone and called Zhang Yiru.

"Hello, Zhang Yiru. Fang Yuqing is in our hands now. If you really want to save her, bring some medicine for an exchange!"

Zhang Yiru shrugged.

"You have too many people. I'm afraid. What if you take advantage of the opportunity to kill me? No, Yuqing, although your brother really wants to live with you, they won't allow it. Don't blame your brother!"

Zhang Yiru deliberately spoke loudly, making sure everyone heard.

Fang Yuqing, in her agony, heard this and screamed in despair. The looks from Wang Min and the others were filled with malice.

At the same time, Zhang Yiru hung up the phone, revealing an evil smile.

The cruelest thing in this world is giving a desperate person a glimmer of hope and then making sure they can never reach it. He had no intention of letting that green tea and white lotus into his house; he just wanted to disgust those people. If they killed Fang Yuqing, so be it.

On the side of Fang Yuqing and the others, Fang Yuqing wailed for a long time, eventually turning her sorrow into bitter tears. Strangely, she didn't hate Zhang Yiru; her resentment was directed at Zhou Peng, Wang Min, and the rest.

She felt that if it weren't for Zhou Peng and Wang Min stopping her, she would now be in Zhang Yiru's house, enjoying delicious food and the warmth of the fireplace.

Wang Min looked down on Fang Yuqing. She glanced at Lin Caining, satisfied with Lin Caining's performance. At least, Lin Caining wasn't on Fang Yuqing's side.

"You've seen it too. This woman only thinks about herself and never considers others. If you want to continue staying in our team, keep an eye on her! Don't let her run away."

Wang Min said coldly to Lin Caining.

Lin Caining nodded as if pounding garlic.

"Sister Wang, I'll definitely listen to you!"

She glanced at the crying Fang Yuqing on the ground, eyes full of hatred, and said word by word, "I won't let her run away alone! If we're going through hardships, we'll go through them together. Why should she enjoy comfort alone?"

In the living room, Zhou Keren had performed simple surgeries on the three injured people. Due to the lack of disinfectants and anesthetics, they could only quickly remove the rusty tetanus arrows and use gauze to stop the bleeding.

Unfortunately, there weren't even any disinfectant cotton balls because the weather was too cold, and even medical alcohol had frozen. The only good news was that the low temperature prevented them from experiencing painful deaths. However, the downside was very apparent. In such extreme cold, the body was prone to necrosis.

After completing the surgery, Zhou Ke'er wiped the blood off her hands. Closing the toolbox, she said to Wang Min and the others, "Right now, we've only provided temporary treatment. Without medication, there's a high likelihood of infection later on. So, you need to be mentally prepared."

Wang Min and the others looked helpless.

Zhang Yiru paid no attention to them. Where could they find medication?