Chapter 82: Meals for the Neighbors

Zhang Yi arrived at the Wanda Plaza in the economic development zone. Upon arrival, he could only see the roof. Following his usual method, he broke the glass and used a climbing rope to hoist himself inside.

After entering the mall, remnants of its once bustling scenes were faintly visible. The circular shopping center displayed exquisite items in each store—valuable clothing, shoes, and various daily necessities—all now seemingly worthless and free for the taking.

Zhang Yi selected some useful stores and directly stuffed everything from the entire store into his spatial storage. The supermarket was located on the basement level, so after collecting supplies, he headed down.

As expected, due to its distance from populated areas, the goods inside were still plentiful. However, the quality left much to be desired.

A portion of the mall had collapsed under the pressure of the blizzard, allowing cold air to enter. Consequently, the shelves were covered in frost. The freezing temperatures had ruined the food, and some snacks and biscuits were even encased in ice. The vegetable section, although not rotten, was severely dehydrated, likely devoid of flavor.

The meat section was relatively better, frozen into lumps of ice—authentic zombie meat. As for the fish tanks with fish, they had burst open after freezing, making it impossible to eat the fish.

In short, these foods would probably have been considered garbage in normal times, discarded or processed into pre-cooked meals at a food factory.

"These things are not worth eating for me!" Zhang Yi shrugged, not bothering to store them in his spatial storage. He wasn't lacking in supplies, so why bother with these low-quality goods?

However, this wasn't important. Even if the quality of these foods was poor, they would be top-tier delicacies for neighbors who hadn't eaten normal food in a long time.

Zhang Yi took out two large suitcases from his spatial storage and casually threw in some rotten vegetable leaves and zombie meat. He also added some damp, expanded bread and biscuits.

Soon, the two bags were filled.

He didn't plan to touch the other items for now, leaving them here. Perhaps they could save lives in the future, but he didn't need to take them with him.

After completing all this, Zhang Yi glanced at his Rolex watch. It was a high-quality watch treated for cold resistance, still operational in extremely low temperatures. Although the time might not be very accurate, it could give a general idea.

The Rolex showed that it was half-past three in the afternoon.

It would take him about an hour to return from here to the Yuehu Residential District.

Zhang Yi didn't want to waste any more time. After all, he had plenty of opportunities to explore in the future, and no one could compete with him. Other places could be explored slowly later.

Zhang Yi packed up the looted supplies, left the supermarket, and started rushing back on the snowmobile.

By the time he returned to the Yuehu Residential District, the sky was already dimming.

"Roar!"

The sound of the engine was particularly noticeable in the quiet neighborhood. As soon as he returned, faces appeared in the windows of various buildings, staring at him intently.

In Building 26, Room 15 on the 15th floor, Huang Tianfang, the leader of the Tianhe Gang, squinted his eyes and fixed his gaze on the brand-new snowmobile. Half of his face had been burned by fire, making him look even more ferocious.

"That thing can run in the snow. If we could get our hands on such a good thing, we could go out to find food in the future. No need to eat that sour meat anymore."

A burly man beside him took a glance and said, "Second Uncle, I know this. In our area, this thing is called a snowplow! It's an electric snowplow."

Huang Tianfang stared at Zhang Yi's snowmobile intently and said in a deep voice, "Whatever it is, we need to find a way to get it!"

It wasn't just Huang Tianfang thinking this way. Everyone staring at Zhang Yi had the same idea. After more than half a month of isolation, many of them had gone crazy, and for those who remained, madness and death were just a matter of time.

They needed to leave this place, go out to find food and living space. The heavy snow obstructed their way, but Zhang Yi's snowmobile rekindled their hope.

Zhang Yi could feel the greed and naked killing intent in these gazes. However, he touched the pistol at his waist and thought about the large number of weapons and equipment he had found today. He felt very reassured.

After getting off the snowmobile, Zhang Yi raised his head and found that the neighbors in Building 25 were also excitedly watching him. Their eyes were fixed on the two large suitcases Zhang Yi brought back.

Zhang Yi smirked, first pretending to drive the snowmobile to the underground parking lot behind, out of everyone's sight. He then stored the snowmobile in his spatial storage.

After that, he carried the two suitcases and walked back. The items were numerous, leaving deep footprints, which excited the neighbors in Building 25. Some even began howling from their windows.

Unbeknownst to Zhang Yi, Huang Tianfang and others in the adjacent building were also watching him with great excitement.

"Second Uncle, could that be food?"

The burly man excitedly pointed at Zhang Yi and asked.

Huang Tianfang scolded, "Nonsense! At this time, going out to find food is more important than finding women!"

The group of Tianhe Gang workers around him, upon hearing this, swallowed their saliva, their eyes filled with anticipation.

"Is there food?"

"He found food from outside? That's great, there's still food outside, we're saved!"

"What are you waiting for? Let's get him and grab everything, including his vehicle!"

A group of people roared, their eyes glowing red.

Huang Tianfang pondered for a moment and said coldly, "Wait, this kid should be the one who killed Chen Zhenghao last time."

"This kid is cunning. He killed so many of our brothers last time. We need to be careful. Moreover, I heard he has a gun. If we want to do something, we have to do it quietly!"

Huang Tianfang was very cautious.

Although the two buildings were adjacent, there was still a distance of tens of meters between them, covered in thick snow. Running over there was equivalent to exposing themselves as targets!

Therefore, although they were tempted by the supplies Zhang Yi brought back, they didn't act recklessly.

However, where there were calm and cautious people, there were also impulsive ones.

Several workers behind Huang Tianfang were dissatisfied with his arrangement. After a brief discussion, they believed that if they didn't take action now, they wouldn't have a chance once Zhang Yi returned to his house.

So, carrying knives and wrenches, they stealthily descended the stairs.

Zhang Yi, carrying the supplies, entered the corridor through the window and used his phone to inform Uncle You that he had returned and asked him to come and pick him up.

In fact, it wasn't necessary for him to say it. Uncle You had already heard the sound of the snowmobile and hurried over to meet Zhang Yi.

"Zhang Yi, you... you actually found so many things!"

Looking at Zhang Yi holding two large suitcases, Uncle You's eyes were filled with astonishment and admiration.

Outside, the big snow was still falling. To go out now, even finding the way would be a problem for most people.

Professional matters should be left to professionals!