Chapter 22: The Spare Tire Comes in Handy

Zhang Yi pretended to be confused and said, "What's wrong? I haven't done anything bad, have I?"

Lin Caining said, "Are you stupid? The city is sealed off due to heavy snow, and our supplies at home are running low."

"At a time like this, if you bring some delicious food over, wouldn't it be a perfect way to express your loyalty to Yuqing?"

"If I were you, I would send over all the good stuff like steaks and lobsters from home."

"When Yuqing is touched, wouldn't your chances increase?"

Zhang Yi looked at the message from Lin Caining and could already imagine the greedy look on that girl who was fishing for compliments.

He sneered.

What's the difference between this and begging for food?

But the ridiculous thing was that when begging for food, you still had to act like you were bestowing a favor.

It was as if Zhang Yi giving them food was an opportunity for them.

This kind of behavior made Zhang Yi want to slap them hard!

Despicable!

Zhang Yi decided to play a trick on these two green tea b*tches.

He said, "But our supplies at home are also running low! It's just enough for me to eat."

Lin Caining frowned, immediately criticizing him, "Nonsense! How long do you think the snow disaster will last? Endure hunger for a couple of meals, and when the time comes, deceive Yuqing into your hands. Isn't that a big win?"

"You can't even bear to part with such a small amount of food. I don't think you're sincere about Yuqing at all!"

Zhang Yi laughed even more.

These two women, one playing the good cop and the other the bad cop, thought they were manipulating him.

But it's laughable that Zhang Yi had come back from rebirth and saw through their shameless faces long ago.

Facing Lin Caining's good cop act, he just casually replied with an "Oh" and then threw his phone aside, ignoring her.

When Lin Caining saw the "Oh" message, she became furious.

"Oh? What does this 'Oh' mean? I've been talking to you for so long, and you have this attitude?"

"Hurry up and bring the food over! I want to eat steak and lobster too!"

Lin Caining was a glutton. Having not eaten anything good in the past few days and seeing Zhang Yi enjoying a feast, she drooled with envy.

Originally, she wanted to use the name of Fang Yuqing to trick Zhang Yi into bringing all the delicious food to her.

But the development of the situation was completely opposite to her expectations.

That "Oh" almost broke her defenses!

Could it be... he's not interested in Fang Yuqing anymore?

No, no, no, absolutely impossible!

Lin Caining recalled the past few years of Zhang Yi's attentiveness to Fang Yuqing and immediately shook her head.

"He must be temporarily out of his mind!"

Lin Caining felt resentful, so she found Fang Yuqing and added fuel to the fire.

Of course, she told Fang Yuqing that she was looking for Zhang Yi to help her get supplies.

Fang Yuqing, with a cold face, said, "Humph, who is Zhang Yi? Do I know him? Don't mention him in front of me in the future!"