Chapter 46: High Voltage

The group had arrived at Zhang Yiru's door, holding umbrellas. However, the Dragon Security Company had installed numerous pinhole cameras on this floor, capturing the actions of the intruders from various angles.

Once the group reached the door, Zhang Yiru noticed someone taking out several shiny metal tools from their pocket. They aimed these tools at the keyhole of his security door.

"Picking the lock?"

Zhang Yiru raised an eyebrow slightly, but he didn't seem concerned. If his security door were that easy to pick, the professionals from the Dragon Security Company might as well eat sh*t.

Besides being world-class in terms of security level, the door also had five layers of defense. To open the outermost lock, one needed to be a world-class locksmith. Not to mention the added physical levers inside.

The more complex something is, the simpler its solution tends to be. For instance, Zhang Yiru's door.

Since he never intended to leave the house, he had directly inserted a 10 cm diameter steel bar into the door. It couldn't be broken by human strength unless a car continuously rammed into it.

Moreover, Zhang Yiru had anticipated someone trying to pick the lock, so he added a special defense mechanism.

Zhang Yiru watched the surveillance on TV, then took out his phone, opened the control app for the safe room, and lightly pressed a button.

Instantly, a massive electric current surged through the security door! The person, focused on picking the lock, let out a miserable scream as the powerful electric current coursed through their entire body!

Several people nearby turned pale with fright and hastily retreated.

"Help... help me!"

Lutao, with a distorted face, begged for help from his companions. The powerful electric current acted like a pair of pliers, firmly gripping him, and he couldn't break free.

Fang Yuqing, Zhou Peng, and the others inside the room were dumbfounded. They hadn't expected this situation, and they didn't have suitable insulation tools.

Soon, smoke rose from Lutao's body, and a burnt odor filled the air.

"Boom!"

He fell to the ground, his clothes burned to shreds, and his arms and face charred. Obviously, he wouldn't survive.

"Ah!!!"

Fang Yuqing, Lin Caining, and others outside screamed in shock. Witnessing someone's death in front of them was a tremendous shock.

In the room, Zhang Yiru's lips curled up slightly.

Unexplainably, he felt a bit relieved.

But who could they blame? Planning to mess with him, Zhang Yiru—that was just asking for death!

Wang Min and the others felt a chill down their spines, and their plan to break in had failed.

Sun Zhichao and Lutao had been friends for many years. Seeing his brother tragically die, Sun Zhichao's eyes were ablaze with anger.

"Zhang Yiru, you son of a b*tch, get out here!"

He picked up the iron shovel in his hand and smashed it against Zhang Yiru's door, making a loud "clang" that could be heard several floors away.

However, the enormous iron door showed no signs of denting or damage. After the surface paint peeled off, it revealed a sturdy alloy underneath.

Zhang Yiru approached the door, hands in his pockets, a mocking expression on his face. "Trying to break my door? Aren't you asking for death?"

He shook his head, sighing, "Ah, isn't it good to be alive?"

Hearing Zhang Yiru's sarcastic tone, the people outside were both shocked and furious.

Wang Min shouted, "Zhang Yiru, we originally wanted to discuss living together with you amicably. How could you resort to killing people?"

"You're even worse than Chen Zhenghao, you're a murderous devil!"

Hearing a woman's voice, Zhang Yiru realized that the people outside weren't from Chen Zhenghao's group. But killing Lutao didn't bother him at all; after all, such people deserved to die.

Thinking it over, he understood who these people were. It must be Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining's group who had come over! After all, only they knew how comfortable Zhang Yiru's home was.

Zhang Yiru's expression turned cold, and he scolded without reservation, "You still dare to pretend with me? Clearly, you came to my house to break the door and seize my property. You deserve to die!"

"Still barking here shamelessly, it's really laughable!"

Sun Zhichao pretended to be calm, "Zhang Yiru, we don't mean any harm. We just want to talk to you. But you didn't say a word to us and directly killed our good brother, Lutao. Isn't that too much? Do you plan to give us an explanation?"

Zhang Yiru laughed heartily, "Just come to talk with me? Without permission, you came to break my door, wanting to seize my house. Even if I die, it would be deserved!"

"Heh, after breaking the door, your next step would probably be to kill me or drive me out so you can enjoy the safe room I've worked so hard to prepare, right?"

The group exchanged glances; that was indeed their original plan.

Sun Zhichao's forehead furrowed deeper. The tragic death of his good brother made him hate Zhang Yiru even more. But now, the most important thing was figuring out how to break in.

He took a deep breath and shouted, "Zhang Yiru, we'll give you one last chance! Open the door and let us in. Otherwise, the consequences will be more than you can bear!"

Fang Yuqing also shouted from outside, "Zhang Yiru, we won't harm you. We just want to live together and face the disaster as a group. Don't you understand goodwill?"

Lin Caining echoed, "Yes, even if you're worried, when the time comes, we can let you stay in the master bedroom, and we'll provide you with supplies first!"

They were very excited at the moment. They had been waiting for a long time just a wall away from paradise.

Zhang Yiru sneered at their words, "Have your brains rotted? This house originally belongs to me. Yet, you act like the hosts, dividing it up. If you're capable, show it to me. Let's see if you can break in!"

While speaking, Zhang Yiru's hands were not idle. He loaded the bullets into the pistol and took the crossbow in his hand.

The hunting game was about to begin.

Through the monitor, he could clearly see everything outside and even hear their whispered conversation.

Sun Zhichao and others gathered, discussing their next move.

Among them, Ge Jialiang, with the smallest courage, nervously asked, "What should we do? Now that Lutao is dead, no one can pick the lock. Shall we retreat? If we attract Chen Zhenghao's attention, it won't be good."

Sun Zhichao scolded, "Afraid of what? This is the 24th floor. Even if Chen Zhenghao and his group climb up, they'll be half dead. Even if they want to kill and plunder, they'll go after the people on the lower floors first."

Wang Min's expression became serious, "This Zhang Yiru is indeed not easy to deal with. He seems to have known about the apocalypse beforehand, and his equipment is well-prepared."