Chapter 31 Zhang Yì's Wealthy Home, Green Tea White Lotus Envious to Tears

After listening to Lin Caining's advice, Fang Yuqing found it quite reasonable. The most crucial reason was that she was currently starving. The thought of the pictures Zhang Yì had sent her before—steaks, Australian lobsters, and assorted fruits—made her mouth water.

All pretense of dignity was temporarily set aside for the sake of a bite to eat. She took out her phone, found Zhang Yì's WeChat, and sent him a voice message, trying to use a gentle tone.

Zhang Yì was at home, sitting on the sofa and watching TV programs. Most major television stations worldwide had essentially stopped broadcasting, but he had downloaded numerous classic movies and variety shows to pass the time during this long and boring period.

Ding dong!

The phone rang, and Zhang Yì picked it up to see it was Fang Yuqing. A sly smile appeared on his lips. This woman's tiny bit of self-respect had finally crumbled.

He opened the voice message and immediately heard Fang Yuqing's trembling, coquettish tone. "Hmph, Zhang Yì, you rotten little brother! You didn't chat with me for so many days; you're really mean! I regretted it after scolding you a bit those days, you know!"

"But I'm a girl, so I couldn't bring myself to speak first. You, this rotten little brother, don't know how to cherish me at all!"

As a green tea white lotus, Fang Yuqing had quite a knack for acting cute and coquettish. Otherwise, in her previous life, she wouldn't have captivated Zhang Yì with her sweetness.

Zhang Yì gritted his teeth. This little sly one, if he didn't know how vicious she was, he would have wanted to deal with her right away!

Zhang Yì replied with a message, "I haven't been feeling well lately, probably caught a cold, so I didn't feel like checking WeChat."

Hearing this, Fang Yuqing quickly asked, "Not feeling well? Did you catch a cold in this weather? You must pay attention to keeping warm."

"No, it's just a fever."

Zhang Yì replied. Fang Yuqing, upon hearing this, was dumbfounded. A fever? Are you kidding me? Their house was already at minus fifty or sixty degrees. Wrapped in blankets, huddling together with Lin Caining every day, they couldn't even sleep well due to the cold. And you're telling me you have a fever?

"Zhang Yì, don't joke. How can you catch a fever on such a cold day?"

Zhang Yì sent a curious expression, "Cold? Oh, I have a fireplace in my house, so I don't feel it. This thing burns so hot; probably because I slept in front of the fire pit a few days ago, I got sick accidentally!"

Zhang Yì said this and took a photo of the blazing fireplace in his room. In the photo, he also accidentally captured his bare legs. Inadvertently, he included the piles of snacks on his coffee table, as well as the leftover lamb chops and chicken legs.

Then, he sent the photo to Fang Yuqing.

Seeing the photo Zhang Yì sent, if the previous pictures made her slightly sour, this one directly ignited the fire of envy in Fang Yuqing's eyes.

A fireplace! That was the artifact for keeping warm! Even in the distant north, with this thing burning at home, there was no problem even if it was dozens of degrees below freezing outside. The heating power of this thing was even better than central heating, after all, you could warm up right next to it!

For the past ten days, Fang Yuqing had been freezing to the point of almost losing consciousness. Now, what she desired most, aside from food, was a way to keep warm!

A few days ago, just for warmth, she and Lin Caining burned a chair in the room. Although it only provided warmth for a short fifteen minutes, the high temperature of the flames moved her to tears on the spot.

But there weren't many things in the house that could be burned. After burning them, she could only reminisce about that feeling.

Who would have thought that this guy Zhang Yì had a fireplace in his house? The city of Tianhai was in the southern part of the country, and in winter, people didn't need to wear down jackets. Which family would install a fireplace in their house?

Fang Yuqing didn't have time to think about this question. Her eyes were fixed on the photo, and there was only one thought in her mind—she wanted to go to Zhang Yì's house!

Seeing Fang Yuqing's expression change, Lin Caining, who was curled up in a blanket, also noticed. She leaned over to take a look and was soon stunned, exclaiming, "My God! Could this photo be fake? How is it possible for someone to live such a good life at a time like this? This place is like heaven!"

Fang Yuqing suddenly realized, "Yes, now everyone is starving and freezing at home. Why can Zhang Yì live so comfortably? Maybe these photos, including the previous ones, were all photoshopped by him."

She had a clever idea and made a video call to Zhang Yì. Whether it was true or not would be clear at a glance.

Lin Caining also brought her head over, staring at the screen in amazement.

Zhang Yì, upon seeing the call invitation, had a somewhat playful expression. He really wanted to see what it looked like when this white lotus begged him submissively. How could he repay himself for his miserable death in the previous life if he couldn't watch her die in despair?

So, he answered the call.

Once the call was connected, both sides saw each other's situations. Zhang Yì had just finished exercising and was lazily lying on the sofa, shirtless. The room was brightly lit, and behind him were fitness equipment. Faintly visible in the kitchen were stacked ingredients.

Occasionally, he would cook some dishes for himself, considering it leisure time. In the kitchen, there were casually placed boxes of dried scallops, fish maw, and abalone, as well as Seven Treasures instant noodles and high-end canned goods like caviar and truffles.

For him, these things were just occasional fast food. However, for the two women on the other side of the camera, it was like seeing the most beautiful food in their dreams!

Compared to Zhang Yì's comfortable life, Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining on the other side looked very miserable. Wrapped in thick blankets due to the low temperature, many cosmetics were unusable, making them look somewhat haggard and far from their usual delicate appearance.

When Zhang Yì saw Fang Yuqing, there was a hint of disappointment in his eyes. The goddess he had pursued so hard before turned out to be like this without makeup, at most a six out of ten.

Thinking about how he had been infatuated with Asian mysticism for so long, he inwardly cursed, "shakeit, damn, old horse!" (Note: "shakeit" and "old horse" are Chinese internet slangs used to express frustration or disbelief.)

The two women didn't notice Zhang Yì's expression. At this moment, their eyes were completely drawn to the things in Zhang Yì's house.

His bare upper body indicated that the indoor temperature at Zhang Yì's home was undoubtedly very comfortable. The bright lighting, in a period where they had less than an hour of electricity daily, was something they wouldn't even dare to think about. After all, there were strict regulations prohibiting the use of high-power electrical appliances, and violators would face forced power cuts.

Especially in the kitchen, the pile of food there made the two women, who had been eating compressed food for a long time, feel like they were seeing a feast.