Chapter 121: Harmony

In the following period, the focus of the conflict shifted away from Zhang Yi.
It moved between different residential buildings and within each building. Through successful negotiations, Zhang Yi managed to create rifts in their loose alliance. He also exploited the condition of only having ten portions of food per building, causing significant internal tensions.Later, he would observe when and in what form the conflicts would arise. Regardless of the outcome, it would only benefit Zhang Yi, without any drawbacks....As expected by Zhang Yi, on the day when Wang Qiang, Huang Tianfang, Li Jian, Chen Lingyu, and Zhang Yunian returned, conflicts erupted. Even during the negotiation with Zhang Yi, some individuals, disregarding their own lives, attempted to attack Building 25. If it weren't for Zhang Yi's intimidation with a sniper rifle, those five individuals would not have survived.So, the five of them were filled with anger. After leaving Building 25, they began settling scores with those who made decisions earlier. Throughout the entire afternoon, screams echoed in the neighborhood, and a bloody purge commenced.However, by the next day, life seemed to return to normal. No matter how many people died, those who survived had to continue striving for survival. Each building sent people to the central square for snow removal activities.Zhang Yi knew that the floor leaders must have tacitly concealed the "ten portions of food" situation. Otherwise, most residents wouldn't be so obedient in going downstairs to work. The snowfall today seemed smaller than usual. With over a thousand people in the entire neighborhood, it was a rare and harmonious gathering that wasn't for competing for resources but for working together.Everyone held tools, looking at their neighbors working around them. Initially, their faces wore somewhat awkward smiles, but it gradually turned warm."It's been a long time since we came out like this!""When the snow disaster didn't come, our neighborhood used to be lively!""Yeah, everyone used to take a stroll in the evening. I remember you had a big golden retriever; it was so cute!""Ah, yes! Our A Jin is so well-behaved, it's heartbreaking. Even if you hit it with a stick or cut it with a knife, it won't bite. Ah~""Hehe, let's not talk about that. We'll get another one after the snow disaster is over!""Maybe by then, we can only raise polar bears.""Let's get to work! Our floor leader said, the more work we do, the more food we'll get.""Right, right, we need to work. Let's experience the life of farmers!""Our days will be better from now on!"An elderly man looked up at the sky. The sky was a gloomy gray, but he felt like he could see the faint sun, as if the snow clouds were about to disperse, and the bright sunshine would eventually shine across the land, dispelling all the cold."We've reached a peace agreement in our neighborhood. We don't have to fight all the time now. We can eat well and dress warmly.""These days, life is getting better and better!"The atmosphere in the entire neighborhood became exceptionally harmonious. Everyone worked while chatting and laughing. Although the snowstorm continued, people felt less tired because they now had a goal in mind. Moreover, the increased number of people also raised the temperature.Wang Qiang and other floor leaders supervised with their subordinates on the side, and the neighbors were already accustomed. They didn't find it inappropriate for them to enjoy the most resources without doing anything.The only one working diligently with a serious expression was Li Jian.Unlike the joyous appearance of others, his face showed seriousness as he silently shoveled snow.Zhang Yi, fully armed, descended the stairs.Seeing this scene, he couldn't help but smile."Hey, Zhang Yi, are you going out to find supplies?"Huang Tianfang from the neighboring building waved from a distance, not forgetting to raise two fingers, indicating that Zhang Yi shouldn't forget the promised cigarettes.Zhang Yi smiled and said, "Yes, everyone is working, and I can't just stand around! Don't worry; your cigarettes won't be missing."From another direction, Wang Qiang's voice came."Zhang Yi, can you handle it alone? If there's too much stuff, and you can't manage, I'll accompany you!"Zhang Yi laughed heartily, "Look at what you're saying. Don't I have a snowmobile? I can carry a lot with it!""That's settled then. Wait for my return! By the way, tell everyone not to slack off; I'll be checking the progress when I come back!""If the work is not good, there will be deductions in food!"Zhang Yi said with a playful tone.Then, he pretended to go to the rear garage. Soon, the sound of the engine started, and he rode off on the snowmobile.Watching Zhang Yi go far, Wang Qiang's face darkened."Where the hell is that vehicle stored? I've looked around, and there's no sign of it!"Huang Tianfang muttered under his breath, "So that thing is called a snowmobile, not a plow!"...Zhang Yi left the neighborhood and looked back at the harmonious scene, feeling strangely ironic. However, he had no time to pity those ordinary people. Although they had no grudges with Zhang Yi, their sheer numbers posed a threat. Letting them resolve their issues on their own was advantageous and harmless to Zhang Yi.This time, when Zhang Yi went out, he didn't head straight to the supermarket. Instead, he arrived at the Tianhai Pearl Mall in Tianhai City.Tianhai Pearl was a well-known old mall in Tianhai City with a history of seventy years. In this valuable land, the goods in Tianhai Pearl were famous for being both good and inexpensive.The main body of Tianhai Pearl was a 12-story mall, with mostly small shops of about twenty to thirty square meters. It sold mainly cheap jewelry, counterfeit clothing, and other items. In addition, there were shops selling underwear, hardware goods, and pants alterations.Zhang Yi came here because he knew there was a veterinary store.After arriving at Tianhai Pearl, the main building was also stuck in the snow, revealing only the upper half of its body. Zhang Yi found a suitable location, broke a window, and entered.As most of the goods here were inexpensive, Zhang Yi wasn't interested. He ignored other shops and headed straight to the veterinary store.In no time, he found the veterinary store.Using a pry bar, Zhang Yi smashed the glass, entered, and began searching the medicine cabinet.In modern times, you couldn't buy arsenic at a drugstore. You could buy lethal pesticides at a place selling agricultural chemicals, but the strong smell would expose you unless you were deceiving ghosts.However, there was something colorless and tasteless, with powerful lethality – rat poison!